Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) · IRC Chat

> Please Read

Please include your name, email address and problem/comment/question in your post. we will respond to the email provided and in this forum ASAP; alternatively, you can contact SaSxorz on AIM at SaSxorz, or Eltoshen at CrossKnightElto

Reply to this topicStart new topic
GBA Statsheet Script, Server transfer
Guest_Darrett_*
post Aug 23 2007, 07:14 AM
Post #1

Guests

Yesterday, I tried to access the statsheets that I've been creating and updating for several months, in a personal stat/map RPG. However, a message appeared saying that the site was being transferred to a new server, and I could not access it. I didn't think much of it, and just waited until today to check. Sure enough, FE Planet was back up, but the bookmarked links to my statsheets had disappeared, replaced by a small message reading "Bad link!". Under "Spriters Resource", I tried "Online Tools" to access it manually, but again I got the "bad link" message. I'm concerned because I've been using the script for some time, and I've put a lot of effort into my statsheets. I don't have them saved as seperate files, although I do have the old versions of them stored in my map archives. However, these are inaccurate and do not have the updated stats which I applied the day before the transfer (Tuesday). Is there any way for me to get the links to work again?
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

Eltoshen
post Aug 23 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #2

i'm the HBIC
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
FEPoints: 870
Member No.: 95

QUOTE(Darrett @ Aug 23 2007, 12:14 PM) *
Yesterday, I tried to access the statsheets that I've been creating and updating for several months, in a personal stat/map RPG. However, a message appeared saying that the site was being transferred to a new server, and I could not access it. I didn't think much of it, and just waited until today to check. Sure enough, FE Planet was back up, but the bookmarked links to my statsheets had disappeared, replaced by a small message reading "Bad link!". Under "Spriters Resource", I tried "Online Tools" to access it manually, but again I got the "bad link" message. I'm concerned because I've been using the script for some time, and I've put a lot of effort into my statsheets. I don't have them saved as seperate files, although I do have the old versions of them stored in my map archives. However, these are inaccurate and do not have the updated stats which I applied the day before the transfer (Tuesday). Is there any way for me to get the links to work again?

It's not uploaded yet.

The statsheet script will be up sometime this week. Along with the sprites archive, media gallery, etc.
Current Mood: livejournal makes me happy :D
+Quote Post

Ellis
post Aug 23 2007, 06:00 PM
Post #3

I LOVE THIS COMPANY
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 2,130
Member No.: 84

It should be fixed now. Let me know if you have any issues.
Current Mood: bidoofbidoofbidoof
+Quote Post

Guest_Darrett_*
post Aug 24 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE(Sasstastic @ Aug 23 2007, 06:00 PM) *
It should be fixed now. Let me know if you have any issues.

Yup, issues. I can't get an image to appear when setting the script for FE8 type sheets. I tried it on two different computers with functioning internet and on both IE and Firefox. Could you look into that? I suppose I can live with FE7-type sheets, but it's still a problem.
+Quote Post

Guest_Darrett_*
post Aug 25 2007, 09:40 AM
Post #5

Guests

Since guests can't use the Edit button...

I just wanted to mention the error for FE8 sheets is "Stack overflow at =0", or something like that.
+Quote Post

Guest_Jehaine_*
post Sep 16 2007, 12:49 PM
Post #6

Guests

Stack overflow at line: 0

Getting the same error here, FE7 sheets are no problem. Previously bookmarked links to a stat sheet i already made back on the fe-planet domain (okay, so i hardly clean up my links, big deal) point me to the same error (after fixing the domain name).

With no fields left blank, it still gives me the same error, and it's only the FE8 sheets that fail to work.
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Sep 20 2007, 01:05 AM
Post #7

TITS!
Group Icon

FEPoints: 7,850
Member No.: 2

I looked into this, the stack overflow is because the image is set to set itself to error.jpg if it errors telling you something is wrong with your statsheet but it seems the error.jpg does not exist so it does an endless loop of erroring.

As for why it's erroring the first time, it seems some of the images used for the FE8 sheet were not transferred correctly (as with the error.jpg) from the old host. There's nothing I can do as the files on the old host are no longer accessible. SaS will have to reupload them himself if he has them on his computer or he will have to get/make the necessary images again.
Current Mood: So I'm confused, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
+Quote Post

Ellis
post Sep 21 2007, 12:57 AM
Post #8

I LOVE THIS COMPANY
Group Icon

FEPoints: 2,130
Member No.: 84

I'm in the middle of uploading the missing files now. It should be done in about 10-15 minutes.
Current Mood: bidoofbidoofbidoof
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2019 - 05:14 PM

Affiliates