Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) · IRC Chat

Reply to this topicStart new topic
[Approved] [Tool] FETO Map Maker, A rather ambitious design.
Map Making?
Map Making?
Yes [ 14 ] ** [100.00%]
No [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 

kaishin no chikara
post Sep 17 2013, 10:53 AM
Post #1

My Name ^ Shit I Dribble ->
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 10,001,064
Member No.: 5,521

So, I thought of an awesome idea if it's not too much trouble. What if instead of submitting maps and having SaS integrate them (which isn't possible, anymore), we simply had our own map editor? Users could simply upload tilesets where other users can then access these tilesets and make their own maps on some sort of integrated FETO map maker.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: SOMETHING THAT SPACE FLOWER WON'T BUG ME ABOUT
+Quote Post

fensti
post Sep 17 2013, 12:11 PM
Post #2

AAAAAAAA
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
FEPoints: 2,000,000,000,000,000,768
Member No.: 331

As long as all maps have to be approved by the FETO Mods first before they become playable I see no problem with doing this.
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

ColourMageKnight
post Sep 17 2013, 02:36 PM
Post #3

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 85
Member No.: 67,093

Skylessia Characters
Radiance of Elibe Characters

Well what if it was like each user can make, say, ten maps. Then they could edit and delete and recreate maps whenever they wanted. And then when they created a battle, they could choose one of their ten maps to play on. Or you could have to buy your own maps and have unlimited maps or whatever...
Current Mood: So... What's your favorite Colour?
+Quote Post

Nohrian Lord S-IX
post Sep 17 2013, 02:59 PM
Post #4

YOU CAN'T BEAT THE SPEED!
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
FEPoints: 1,000,000,014
Member No.: 10,918

QUOTE(ColourMageKnight @ Sep 17 2013, 02:36 PM) *
Well what if it was like each user can make, say, ten maps. Then they could edit and delete and recreate maps whenever they wanted. And then when they created a battle, they could choose one of their ten maps to play on. Or you could have to buy your own maps and have unlimited maps or whatever...

Sounds really complicated imo, I'd put my money on the original post (IMG:style_emoticons/orange/oh.gif)
Current Mood: DO THE DO THE CATWALK, DO THE DO THE CATWALK!!!!!
+Quote Post

MagicArtStar
post Sep 17 2013, 03:10 PM
Post #5

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 95
Member No.: 88,961

I think FETO should map maker,since it gives a player to be creative on making their very own land.It would be fun to share with everyone,and I think it would be great also for people who make Fan fiction of Fire Emblem.

For ColourMageKnigh idea with the map and kaishin no chikara,I would put both my money on it.Since there has to be at least some balance with some things,we can't keep all the maps and stuff like that.
+Quote Post

Zephyrmaster
post Sep 17 2013, 03:31 PM
Post #6

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 330
Member No.: 7,040

QUOTE(fensti @ Sep 17 2013, 06:11 PM) *
As long as all maps have to be approved by the FETO Mods first before they become playable I see no problem with doing this.

Oh, no, no, no, you dont get it do you? They shouldnt need approval, cause its the rule of the internet that everything involing customization needs inappropriate images for maps/flags/whatever.

Spoiler: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text
Obviously im joking, but sadly some communities do have such immaturity for custom stuff :P
Current Mood: Is this still on?
+Quote Post

fensti
post Sep 18 2013, 09:36 AM
Post #7

AAAAAAAA
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zephyrmaster @ Sep 17 2013, 04:31 PM) *
QUOTE(fensti @ Sep 17 2013, 06:11 PM) *

Oh, no, no, no, you dont get it do you? They shouldnt need approval, cause its the rule of the internet that everything involing customization needs inappropriate images for maps/flags/whatever.

Spoiler: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text
Obviously im joking, but sadly some communities do have such immaturity for custom stuff :P

Like when I made Akitsaws without realizing it was a mirrored swastika? Yeah, that was smooth. lol
+Quote Post

Foe
post Sep 18 2013, 10:22 AM
Post #8

With a smile!
Group Icon

FEPoints: 3,185
Member No.: 1,694

Wait, was it the totally cool religious swastika or the super socially stigmatized nazi alternative swastika?
Current Mood: Complacent.
+Quote Post

fensti
post Sep 18 2013, 02:37 PM
Post #9

AAAAAAAA
Group Icon

QUOTE(Foe @ Sep 18 2013, 11:22 AM) *
Wait, was it the totally cool religious swastika or the super socially stigmatized nazi alternative swastika?

Obviously the totally cool religious swastika.

It's not like I'm half German or anything.
+Quote Post

Foe
post Sep 18 2013, 02:49 PM
Post #10

With a smile!
Group Icon

FEPoints: 3,185
Member No.: 1,694

QUOTE(fensti @ Sep 18 2013, 02:37 PM) *
QUOTE(Foe @ Sep 18 2013, 11:22 AM) *

Obviously the totally cool religious swastika.

It's not like I'm half German or anything.

Oh yeah, not like I'm half German or anything either.
Current Mood: Complacent.
+Quote Post

SereneFlight
post Sep 18 2013, 06:04 PM
Post #11

Mr. good-for-nothing
Group Icon

FEPoints: 100,076,585
Member No.: 9,404

Yes please! (IMG:style_emoticons/orange/cat.gif)
Current Mood: If you see this, F*CKING SCROLL UP OR DOWN, NOW!!!
+Quote Post

sirocyl
post Sep 24 2013, 01:30 AM
Post #12

my face has three hands
Group Icon

FEPoints: 1,439
Member No.: 88,769

A map-making system is planned for FETO3.

The maps can be created by any users, shared between users, and played in "Test Mode" against bots, null squad, or other users.
(Null squad is a set of non-player characters that does nothing. You set their stats in test mode, but they take no action.)

In order to make it into the game, maps must be reviewed by staff for balancing and stuff.
If your map is selected or elected to make it into the game, you will collaborate with the staff on any changes that must be made.
Some such changes may be non-negotiable, due to a game-breaking issue. You may fix the issue yourself, or use the staff's recommendation.

Maps that are approved but in testing are marked as ALPHA. You cannot use ALPHA maps outside of Test mode, and anything that is done in an ALPHA match does not count for or against you.
ALPHA maps will not appear on the map selection, and can only be accessed using the Test Mode map select, or Debug Mode by a Developer.

Once a map is approved and clears internal testing, it is put on a trial period for two weeks, and will be marked as such on the map selection, as "BETA".
On BETA maps, we expect the users to do what they can to break the map, and report back to us with the findings.
You can use BETA maps in Test or regular battles, but we will be more apt to "undo" an unfavorable battle on a BETA map, if it was due to a game-breaking bug or glitch.
BETA maps will not be used for Tournament or main Campaign mode.

Once a BETA map clears its fortnightly testing period, it will be vetted as FINAL and integrated into the game.
At this point, any game-breaking issues will be fixed, but we are not directly responsible to undo your battle on such a map if a bug is found, because a massive number of players will be using it.
It is therefore recommended, if a FINAL map is broken, to discontinue using it and report the issue to a staff member such as a Developer or FETO Manager.

We plan on using an industry-standard tiled-map format in FETO, to allow for custom editors, extensions to the format, and allow creative types to use their favorite tools for map-making, not just the FETO-integrated OMEGA system (Online Map Editor and Game Analysis), although OMEGA will be the de-facto method of importing and creating maps for FETO.
Current Mood: Uzbekistan
+Quote Post

Freeze
post Sep 24 2013, 06:37 AM
Post #13

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 98,525
Member No.: 52,067

That sounds amazing, I can't wait for this to be released!
+Quote Post

kryptonite
post Sep 24 2013, 11:24 PM
Post #14

Desolate Soul
Group Icon

FEPoints: 0
Member No.: 8,581

Need 6 player treasure rush map (IMG:style_emoticons/orange/grin.gif)
Current Mood: Content
+Quote Post

fensti
post Sep 25 2013, 10:19 AM
Post #15

AAAAAAAA
Group Icon

Mentioning Campaign mode makes me think of something. Are users going to be allowed to create their own campaigns still? Because if so then perhaps we should allow ALPHA/BETA maps to be used in campaign mode or allow users to create their own maps for campaign modes. Campaign maps don't need to necessarily be balanced as that takes some of the challenge out of them in my eyes.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2019 - 05:49 PM

Affiliates