post Jul 2 2008, 08:33 PM
Post #1

I LOVE THIS COMPANY
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 2,130
Member No.: 84

Characters
Users will be able to enter their own characters, boosted to either level 20 or level 20/20 for the duration of the tournament. Users may also only enter one lord units. They will not be able to use their weapons for the tournaments - for the tournament, they'll be "cloned," so to speak, then boosted to the appropriate level, and equipped with only a Bronze-level weapon, though additional items may be purchased as the duelist wishes. Note that once the character is entered in the tournament, they are still usable in normal battles and such, and also, nothing done in the tournament will affect the actual character, and the inverse as well.

If you lack sufficient characters to enter in the tournament, or simply wish to not enter your characters, you may opt to create "rental" characters for the tournament - these characters will be usable only for the tournament. For weapon levels, unpromoted rentals will have a D + some weapon EXP in their main weapon, and D in their secondary weapon. Promoted characters will have B in their primary weapon, and C in any secondaries (may change in the future). Note that for every rental character you use, it will cost 500 gold in major tournaments.

Duelists who choose or are unable to enter a lord unit in tournaments will also be able to create a rental lord unit, which will only have +60% growths and +7 base stats, as opposed to +70% growths and +8 base stats. Also, in some tournaments, duelists will be forced to enter a lord unit, be it for reason of the battle type, or just because.

Players will be permitted a certain number of entry characters, though the amount of characters used in any one battle can, and in most cases will be less than the total characters entered. For major tournaments, you will be able to enter 8 units, and use 6 for every battle. Minor tournaments, on the other hand, will generally be less, though will likely vary on a tournament-to-tournament basis. Some may even be much larger as well - only time will tell.

Items
Players will be given a limited amount of Tournament Points (which function exactly as gold, in the context of the tournament) for equipping their characters. The amount will vary from tournament to tournament, and will increase as would gold with the battles during the tournament. In unpromoted tournaments, all items up to B-rank will be buyable; in promoted tournaments, all items will be buyable. There will be, however, some tournaments in which specific items may be unbuyable.

Tournament Brackets and Battles
The tournament brackets will consist of a double elimination bracket, meaning that to be removed from the tournament, a player must lose twice. Seeds will be assigned to players based on the total of the player's wins, losses and forfeits; highest seeds will go to the players with the highest "score," where the player's "score" is equal to (wins - losses - (2 * forfeits)), and lowest seeds will go to players with the lowest "score." In the event of two players having the same score, the player with the lower user ID will get the higher seed.

Matches will be conducted on either a best of one or best two out of three basis - that is to say, a player must defeat their opponent twice to advance. The first battle in a match will be conducted on the Final Destination (singles) or Battlefield (teams) map. The following battles will be on a map of the previous battle's loser's choice. Because there are no subsequent battles in best of one tournaments, however, the first and only battle's map will instead be a random selection from both participants' chosen map. All villages and rewards function as they normally would, and are added to the user's tournament points and storage after the battle, as they would be in normal battles. Note that in tournaments, you may only obtain items from villages, no gold. Also, in tournaments, the tournament-only items will also be available from villages.

Prizes
The prizes will differ between major and minor tournaments.

The prizes for major tournaments will be as follows:

First place - any three items of the duelist's choice (excluding Master items; this selection will include a list of items exclusive to tournament winners), and 10 000 gold.
Second place - any two items of the duelist's choice (excluding Master items; this selection will include a list of items exclusive to tournament winners), and 7 500 gold.
Third place - any one item of the duelist's choice (excluding Master items; this selection will include a list of items exclusive to tournament winners), and 5 000 gold.

The prizes for minor tournaments, however, will be the same as the prizes for major tournaments, except the tournament-only weapons will be unavailable.

Also, first, second and third places will be awarded trophies, which will be displayed in their profile, and all of their non-rental characters will be awarded participation medals as well.

Prizes may change in the future.

To obtain your prize, post in the tournament's thread with which items you want, and it will be awarded to you shortly (or not so shortly) thereafter.

Disqualification
If I deem that someone is holding up the tournament, they may be disqualified.

Costs
There will be an entrance fee to major tournaments of 750 gold. Also, every rental character that you use will cost an additional 500 gold.

Minor tournaments will not have any fees, however.

Costs may change in the future.

Major and Minor Tournaments
There will be two separate types of tournaments, major and minor tournaments.

Major tournaments will feature large amounts of duelists (32 or 64 entrants, generally), much larger prizes, and will generally be held on a much more infrequent basis. These will be the only tournaments in which the tournament-only items may be won, as well. Also, matches in major tournaments will generally be held on a best of three basis, in which you have to win two of the three battles to advance.

Minor tournaments, on the other hand, will be held on a much more frequent basis, and will be more fast-paced, having smaller team sizes, as well as less entrants (8 or 16, usually). They will also have smaller prizes, and prizes will exclude the tournament-only items. With the restricted amount of entrants, so that all duelists can have an equal opportunity to participate in minor tournaments, participation in these will be limited, though no limit has been decided yet. Matches in minor tournaments will generally be conducted on a best of one basis, meaning you only need to win one battle to advance.

Team Tournaments
In addition to tournaments in which duelists will play by themselves, there will be tournaments where duelists are paired with a second duelist, and fight together. For the most part, these will function exactly as single-player tournaments, with a few changes:

- Rather than use the one player's seed, the team's seed is the total of both players' seeds.
- For choosing a map for the second and third battle, in a best of three setting, a map is randomly chosen from either of the two teammates' map selections.
- Duelists will still have their own inventory and point counts, and will be unable to use their teammates' items and points.
- Prizes will be the same, and awarded to both teammates equally.

Teams will be created based on the seeds of the duelists; the top seed will be paired with the lowest seed, the second seed with the second from the bottom, and so on.

Frequency and Important Dates
There will be a promoted and unpromoted minor tournament started once every other week, on every other Tuesday. Major tournaments, on the other hand, will not have any specific schedule.

Any questions can be posted here. This thread may be updated later on if I've forgotten anything.

This post has been edited by Mr. Bidofo: Feb 3 2009, 10:50 AM
Reason for edit: A few minor updates, regarding characters as well as items.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: bidoofbidoofbidoof
+Quote Post

Lithe
post Jul 2 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #2

Not very good.
Group Icon

FEPoints: 9,223,372,036,860,000
Member No.: 4,571

Can you post the list of tourney legal maps to play on? Or are all maps legal?
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

Ellis
post Jul 2 2008, 08:47 PM
Post #3

I LOVE THIS COMPANY
Group Icon

It'll vary from tournament to tournament.
+Quote Post

SeraphimDragon
post Jul 2 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #4

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 640
Member No.: 4,385

Are you sure you want to do this now? You leave tomorrow-Tuesday, don't you?

And, sorry for the dumb question, where do we sign up? Or am I too late?
+Quote Post

Ellis
post Jul 2 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #5

I LOVE THIS COMPANY
Group Icon

Read the last section on dates. (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/dry.gif)
+Quote Post

SeraphimDragon
post Jul 2 2008, 10:17 PM
Post #6

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 640
Member No.: 4,385

Oh...damn. A week later I'll be on my flight to Taiwan (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/noes.gif) *Prays for internet there* We'll just see then (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/happy.gif)
+Quote Post

HF Makalov Fanboy
post Jul 2 2008, 11:31 PM
Post #7

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 12,275
Member No.: 4,452

I doubt I'll win.

but do you get anything for playing in a tourny if you don't get First, Second, or third?

like however much EXP the "cloned" people gained is givin to your real people?
+Quote Post

Ellis
post Jul 2 2008, 11:45 PM
Post #8

I LOVE THIS COMPANY
Group Icon

Nope, but I'll probably give participating characters a medal for participation or something.

Maybe a consolation prize of a token amount of gold or something, I dunno.
+Quote Post

HF Makalov Fanboy
post Jul 3 2008, 12:39 AM
Post #9

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 12,275
Member No.: 4,452

I atleast want something out of it if i do join so i won't feel like i wasted my time.

like...a set amount of gold depending on how many battles you won?
+Quote Post

Prince_Ludwig
post Jul 3 2008, 01:51 AM
Post #10

The High Prince Ludwig Von Koopa of Koopa Kingdom
Group Icon

FEPoints: 755
Member No.: 2,589

After the tournament ends, are the cloned characters destroyed or saved in some sort database somewhere? >_>
Say, I have my brilliant characters enter. They get cloned. Then they promote. (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/oh.gif)
Unless I use rentals/make level 1s, would I be able to enter the next unpromoted say, a month later? >_>
+Quote Post

Lithe
post Jul 3 2008, 02:58 AM
Post #11

Not very good.
Group Icon

FEPoints: 9,223,372,036,860,000
Member No.: 4,571

QUOTE(Prince_Ludwig @ Jul 2 2008, 11:51 PM) *
After the tournament ends, are the cloned characters destroyed or saved in some sort database somewhere? >_>
Say, I have my brilliant characters enter. They get cloned. Then they promote. (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/oh.gif)
Unless I use rentals/make level 1s, would I be able to enter the next unpromoted say, a month later? >_>

Along the lines of ^this^, I also want to know that. I'd like it if I could use the cloned characters later on in different tourneys.
+Quote Post

Ellis
post Jul 3 2008, 05:14 AM
Post #12

I LOVE THIS COMPANY
Group Icon

Nope, it's just for the one tourney.

Once a character promotes, they can't be used in unpromoted tournies, just like they can't be used in promoted tournies until they promote.
+Quote Post

ryu Kumai
post Jul 9 2008, 12:39 AM
Post #13

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
FEPoints: 165
Member No.: 3,119

ok that clears alot up, but am i late? if not what is the date it will start so i can be certain to be on.
Current Mood: meow~
+Quote Post

Ellis
post Jul 11 2008, 11:15 AM
Post #14

I LOVE THIS COMPANY
Group Icon

Alright, signups for the first tournament will be opening Sunday July 13th at about 7 PM (EST).
+Quote Post

Sparrow
post Jul 12 2008, 07:05 PM
Post #15

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 316
Member No.: 4,499

Radiance of Elibe Characters

were do we sign up
Current Mood: ????
+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2018 - 02:17 PM

Affiliates