post Jun 27 2010, 11:05 AM
Post #16

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: +Advisors
FEPoints: 27,887
Member No.: 69

Skylessia Characters

"Gah!" Jess' outstretched hand caught Clyde' coat collar, and pulled the rest of the cowboy towards her before the crowd really went all over him. This really was out of control, even the outside was filled was crazies to the brim. How the hell were they going to get out?

A body just collided with the wall closest to the two. Someone started going crazy with a fire extinguisher. The bouncer still went on with his rampage. And Jess knew that somewhere out here, a demon laughed in glee. "Let's just push our way out." Jess loosened her necktie a bit, and rolled in the cuffs of her sleeves. "Between the two of us, we can make it."

The kid made her point as she grabbed the nearest crazy person, and shoved him right next a bunch of other crazy people that clogged the entrance. The throng tumbled down into a piled down mess, which meant a momentary window of escape. "Watch behind me, please." Jess told Clyde firmly, as she held tight to her friend's hand on the way out again.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

Velyoukai
post Jun 27 2010, 10:12 PM
Post #17

If I can't have all of you, then I want NOTHING
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
FEPoints: 12,342
Member No.: 1,749

Skylessia Characters

Whatever rage Kid had storming through his head was quickly snuffed out once the foam from a fire extinguisher crashed into the back of his head. It was cold, wet and for some really freaky reason, it tasted like toothpaste. He wouldn't have put it past Kewell to buy a novelty fire extinguisher just for the sake of appearances, rather than focusing on actual safety. Fat bastard.

Still, the cold shock snapped Kid out of his rage pretty fast, though he still knocked the two heads in his hands together and threw those brawlers out. Around him, other fighters were snapping out of their anger and taking notice of Fortinbras' bouncer glaring at them with bodies all around him.

They couldn't run away fast enough.

Brushing past the chick with the fire extinguisher, he looked near the door to see how Clyde and Jess were doing. He spied them near the doorway, clogged full of brawlers and fleeing cowards, and made his way by. Kid's hands landed on Clyde and Jess' shoulders as they were about to rush outside, stopping them before it could happen. Snorting, clearly angry though back in control of himself, he walked past them and grabbed a nearby bottle of alcohol from the waiter's pedestal.

"Sorry about all this, you two. Just let me deal with this rabble and drinks will be on the house. For a long time."

Kid strode up to the crowd of brawlers and smashed the bottle across the wall, drawing the attention of the fighting men and women. When they saw the steamed Kid, however, those paying attention stopped fighting for just a moment.

"...Anyone who wants t'keep fightin'," Kid growled, glaring down at the entire crowd in challenge. "...is free to take it up with me. Otherwise, get the hell off Fortinbras property! Now!"
+Quote Post

Staticpulse
post Jul 1 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #18

Lead Alchemist
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
FEPoints: 13,865
Member No.: 3,969

Skylessia Characters
Radiance of Elibe Characters

As far as the date part went, getting to hold Jess' hand already was good progress. As for the 'getting out alive' part, he was still working on that. Kid made a rather persuasive argument against fighting. "Whoa, hold on Jess!" Clyde tugged against Jess' hand, hopefully getting her to stop moving. "Free beer!"

There were two things you never turned down in life: money and beer. And Kid was giving the two of them one of those.
Current Mood: Keepin' in the heat
+Quote Post

Hystrix
post Jul 9 2010, 01:02 AM
Post #19

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: +Advisors
FEPoints: 27,887
Member No.: 69

Skylessia Characters

On one hand, Jess wasn't really approving of Clyde's intent to stay in this madhouse for free beer. On other hand, it was the bouncer guy who offered the drinks, and it seemed like he came back to his sense somehow with the blow on his head. Huh... it really worked like that, did it? Well, she couldn't argue with results.

"You know this isn't safe..." She muttered out loud, though quickly stopped herself. They wouldn't know about the weird thing Jess felt, or what Angel told her on the phone. And now that she had time to think about it, holding on to Clyde's hand felt kind of nice... wait. Jess slowly let go of that, closing her eyes into an impassive look on her face. "Fine, fine... but if anything else goes wrong, I'm out of here."
+Quote Post

Atlas Grunted
post Jul 23 2010, 03:01 PM
Post #20

That I might touch that cheek.
Group Icon

FEPoints: 1,000,000,000,004,745
Member No.: 2,384

Skylessia Characters

All in all, Patrice was pretty pleased with her fire extinguisher move. She'd have to remember its effectiveness for calming those who were demoniacally enraged. As she shooed out the scared, beaten people, she heard the whooping caterwaul of sirens from outside. She shot an angry look at the bartender, who shrugged. She jabbed a finger at him, and then the blubbering Kewell, mouthing 'get him the hell out of my bar.' The bartender nodded. He prided himself on his lip-reading ability. Meanwhile, the girl stepped outside, briefcase in hand, as she waited passively for the police officer.

He was a tall man, and his uniform stretched around the middle. He was either bald or had very little hair. His skin was dark.

"Evening, miss, I'm looking for the proprietor. Got a call about a bar fight." His voice was low and gravelly.

"Speaking, sir." The officer frowned, shaking his head.

"No, the proprietor's a man by the name of Kewell." It was Patrice's turn to shake her head.

"As of twenty minutes ago, I became owner of this establishment." She presented the deed, and the officer took it. The girl had the feeling that he didn't know anything about deeds, and was only going through it carefully to create the illusion of such.

"Seems to be in order," he announced, handing the document back. "A terrible way to start your ownership, eh, Ms. Hastur?"

Ms. Hastur sprung up from the cobblestone wall currently dusting her immaculate outfit, grabbing the officer by the collar. With homicidal force, he slammed this impertinent man's head on the jagged wall until his screams became mere gurgles.

"Well, Officer..."

"Drake. George Drake."

"Officer Drake. As you can see, the bar fight has been quelled, and those involved have been taken outside. I apologize for causing a disturbance." She smiled wanly, and the officer smiled back.

"Quite all right, miss. It's good to know when management of these sorts of bars change, anyway." The radio on his belt spat out a location and an eighty-six in progress. Officer Drake responded with a 'roger,' followed by an 'ETA 10 minutes.' To Patrice, he said.

"Sorry, I've got to be going. Duty calls." He started for his car.

"Stay safe, Officer Drake. And hey, if you're off duty, great deals for the boys in blue!" He waved, showing he'd heard her offer.

As soon as the officer was out of sight, Patrice's smile dropped. She slunk back into Fortinbras- that name had to be changed, she could hardly even pronounce it- and sat at the bar. She tapped the bar to get the tender's attention, only to have him come up from a side- he had been sweeping up the glass the bouncer had shattered.

"What can I get for you?"

"Moscow Sunrise, on the rocks. By the way, I'm Patrice Hastur, your new boss."
Current Mood: Don't you know, little fool? You never can win.
+Quote Post

Velyoukai
post Jul 23 2010, 09:40 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

Cops...

Kid held back the distrustful snarl that was building in his throat. Fire-extinguisher girl, apparently the new owner of Fortinbras by right of a deed and that fat bastard Kewell's spinelessness, was handling the pigs on her own. He knew that anything he tried to do to 'help' would just ruin the situation, so he held back, holding the door open and glaring fiercely at anyone who didn't think that being peaceful was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Solemnly letting Patrice Hastur, as she introduced herself to the bartender, pass him to the bar, Kid closed the door of the now mostly empty ex-Fortinbras. He snorted in distaste for the whole situation, but turned back around and shot Clyde and Jess an apologetic look.

"...Eh, sorry about that mess, you two." He sighed, cracking his jaw with his hand. "Let's get you two drinkin'; like I said, for tonight and fer a while now, they're on me."

Kid led the only two customers left to the bar, a few seats away from the prim and business-looking Hastur, and tapped twice on the counter. His eyes met with the other man's and with a brief motion, Kid had told him that "the two sitting here get as many drinks as they want. All free."

Turning to his new boss, Kid opted to stay silent. He took the seat between Patrice and the others and sat down, resting his chin in one palm and waiting for either a drink or an order.
+Quote Post

Staticpulse
post Jul 25 2010, 02:19 AM
Post #22

Lead Alchemist
Group Icon

FEPoints: 13,865
Member No.: 3,969

Skylessia Characters
Radiance of Elibe Characters

The cops came and some girl handled it. So she was the new manager? She did look like a businesswoman, but wasn't she a bit young for doing that sort of thing? Maybe she was a gopher for some big shot businessman. None of his business really, as there were free drinks to be had! Jess seemed to be a little apprehensive, but Clyde reassured her things would be fine now.

"Ya know..." Clyde said as he sat down next to Kid. "Ya shouldn't be so, uh, ambiguous with them free drinks. I'm tempted to get tha most expensive things on tha list, ya know?" And Clyde did just that - order the most expensive thing they had. Clyde didn't know what it was, but with a huge price tag it had to be good, right?

"Since ya bein' so kind..." Clyde swiveled in his bar stool and held out a hand toward Kid. "Name's Clyde. Nice ta meet ya an' all that." The brothers back at the house would be so jealous. Free drinks for an unspecified amount of time? He only hoped the bouncer had the wallet for his drinking since he was coming here as much as he could.
Current Mood: Keepin' in the heat
+Quote Post

Velyoukai
post Jul 25 2010, 01:05 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

Kid chuckled, mostly at the drink Clyde ordered than at his warning, but shook the cowboy's hand. It was a firm shake, typical of one between two men, but he didn't put any excess pressure in it. Clyde was good people, even if he did just order the girliest pink drink in the bar.

"Kid Zylin," He responded, knocking back his own shot of vodka as it came to him. "'n don't worry about the drinks. You two just enjoy yerselves, and try not ta let that little scuffle ruin yer night."
+Quote Post

Atlas Grunted
post Jul 29 2010, 03:37 PM
Post #24

That I might touch that cheek.
Group Icon

FEPoints: 1,000,000,000,004,745
Member No.: 2,384

Skylessia Characters

A Moscow Sunrise consisted of one part grenadine, four parts orange juice, one half part orange liqueur, and one part vodka. The liquors were to be shaken in a jigger, then poured over ice. Orange juice was added next, then grenadine. As a Fortinbras touch, the glass was emblazoned with the Communist hammer and sickle. The bartender slid it over, along with a key. "From Kewell," he had said. It probably was the key to his- now her- office.

Patrice held the cool glass to her forehead, closing her eyes. This was going to require some damage control. After a minute of mulling the correct words over, she opened her eyes, turning.

"Right," she said, speaking to the customers, "I'm very sorry about that unfortunate incident. It's not exactly how I'd like to start my ownership of this establishment. I hope this won't dissuade you from deciding on Fortinbras in the future. I'm Patrice Hastur." The businessgirl bit her lip, looking at the two customers. They weren't any older than her. "You two go to BCC, don't you? Myself as well." There was little to be said to the bouncer. He was now, apparently, an employee.
Current Mood: Don't you know, little fool? You never can win.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2019 - 10:36 AM

Affiliates