Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) · IRC Chat

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
[Approved] [Feature] Selling Characters, We'll use Fala's suggestion, quoted in the OP. New poll added,
Selling characters
Is Falaflame's suggestion balanced and fair, and would you want it?
Yes [ 4 ] ** [66.67%]
No [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Whatever [ 2 ] ** [33.33%]
Would you like being able to sell your characters?
Yes [ 15 ] ** [68.18%]
No [ 3 ] ** [13.64%]
It doesn't make any difference to me. [ 4 ] ** [18.18%]
Total Votes: 6
Guests cannot vote 

GreenKnight
post Sep 9 2013, 12:08 PM
Post #1

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 165
Member No.: 44,214

Original poll numbers: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text
Selling Characters: Would you like being able to sell your characters?
[|||||||||||-----] 11 For
[|||-------------] 3 Against
[||--------------] 2 Undecided.

QUOTE(Falaflame @ Sep 15 2013, 05:29 PM) *
I have an idea.

-250 gold base for selling characters-
-50 gold for every sub-sequent levelup it has gained.
-1500 gold if it's promoted (covers half of the master seal used)
-8725 gold if it's a lord (covers half of the Master Crown used)
-If it was created and lorded within the 1st month, full refund is rewarded. (17500 for Master Crown, 3000 for Master Seal, and 500 gold from creation)

For example.

http://feto.feplanet.net/character/view/82451

This unit, I badly want to get rid of. Let's say I sell it. It's 20/3, it's promoted, and it's a lord.

Doing calculations:
X=250+(23*50)+8725+1500

I would benefit from a total of 11,625 gold. Gaining that much gold from selling a unit you're probably never going to use anymore is a big deal because you actually have spending money for a lot of things. (Which includes, but is not limited to: creating new characters, outfitting your characters better, stat changing/demoting/class changing your characters, and more.)

Original OP begins below.

As suggested by the title, in the next version of FETO we should be able to sell our characters for gold.

The biggest reason for this is that the majority, if not all of the players on FETO, get a list of characters since the beginning of their career on which, at the best cases, only 60% of them is of regular use, rendering the rest as foolish creational mistakes that the player finds troublesome to fix or use. Sometimes, this can mean complete ruin for a new player, because they make a team with units of bad builds and growths, or otherwise units that they can't use properly to battle, to find out about his/her mistake later than a week after creation. Being able to sell units, even if not for the complete price they're worth, means that those kind of mistakes will be fixable early on without ruining a player's score and potentially damaging his will to keep playing the game.

The foreseeable problem that some players have found with selling units is the recorded battles on which units participate. They're saved inside the system. However, as another player suggested, this can be easily fixed by implementing a script that renders the unit as deleted on such records (for example, adding a symbol next to the character and graying the link of the unit's name).

I think it would help the game greatly to be able to sell units and get rid of that extra space on the player's character lists.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: Excellent
+Quote Post

sirocyl
post Sep 9 2013, 12:14 PM
Post #2

my face has three hands
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
FEPoints: 1,439
Member No.: 88,769

Point considered. I'll wait on the community vote, but I agree.
Current Mood: Uzbekistan
+Quote Post

Falaflame
post Sep 9 2013, 02:27 PM
Post #3

Flamey Master of Really Bad Puns!
Group Icon

Group: FETO Manager
FEPoints: 133,734,690,354
Member No.: 13,316

Skylessia Characters

Well, this would eliminate the number of "Garbage Units" that some people have in their roster.
Current Mood: Relieved
+Quote Post

SereneFlight
post Sep 9 2013, 02:36 PM
Post #4

Mr. good-for-nothing
Group Icon

FEPoints: 100,076,585
Member No.: 9,404

Well, I shouldn't ever ask for that account reset <.<
Current Mood: If you see this, F*CKING SCROLL UP OR DOWN, NOW!!!
+Quote Post

Konata Izumi
post Sep 10 2013, 10:19 AM
Post #5

Otaku Extraordinaire
Group Icon

FEPoints: 1,315
Member No.: 6,438

Offtopic: Heya Pura (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/konata.gif)

Well, what's the con in havin extra characters? My fear is that someone gets a hold of your account and sells off the characters you actually use.

And for the new people, dont you hav like a week to fix their stats?
Current Mood: Tired x_x
+Quote Post

GreenKnight
post Sep 10 2013, 02:49 PM
Post #6

FEPer
Group Icon

QUOTE(Konata Izumi @ Sep 10 2013, 11:19 AM) *
Well, what's the con in havin extra characters? My fear is that someone gets a hold of your account and sells off the characters you actually use.

And for the new people, dont you hav like a week to fix their stats?

Extra characters are a pain to organize and most people I've asked don't like them (as do I). Also, if someone gets hold of your account it's your own fault for letting them know your login information in the first place. xD But hey, at least you'd still have some scrap money to make more and then change your password or something.

Also, for the new people, one week isn't usually enough to figure out how the game works, because not everyone has free time or dedication 24/7. For example, I've been playing for what I think is about 2 years and I don't have that many fights. However, the problem doesn't end just there, editting stats doesn't usually suffice for new players, as they often commit the mistake of making a lot of classes they can't use properly (and we know that can't be changed unless you reset your account). Just to put an example, I had a friend that made a lot of worthless flying units while his style is actually more defensive. He had to endure losing a lot of matches to earn the gold to make good units afterwards. In conclusion to that, it can be detrimental to the willingness of new players coming to FETO.

And, of course, any of my points may be wrong with this (unbeknownst to me), but we're supposed to try to convince each other here. xP
+Quote Post

SereneFlight
post Sep 10 2013, 04:13 PM
Post #7

Mr. good-for-nothing
Group Icon

QUOTE(Konata Izumi @ Sep 10 2013, 06:19 PM) *

Offtopic: Ohi dere (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/cat.gif)

Well, bad build and needs tons of new equipment = "aaw, this ain't worth of it" -> *sells* -> (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/happy.gif)
+Quote Post

TBE
post Sep 10 2013, 04:15 PM
Post #8

The Kobe System
Group Icon

FEPoints: 27,814,619,000,000,000
Member No.: 4,715

QUOTE(ShenanigansFlight @ Sep 10 2013, 04:13 PM) *
QUOTE(Konata Izumi @ Sep 10 2013, 06:19 PM) *

Offtopic: Ohi dere (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/cat.gif)

Well, bad build and needs tons of new equipment = "aaw, this ain't worth of it" -> *sells* -> (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/happy.gif)

Yes exactly. Too many garbage units I wish to sell, makes it more organized.
Current Mood: Tebowing
+Quote Post

Falaflame
post Sep 10 2013, 07:53 PM
Post #9

Flamey Master of Really Bad Puns!
Group Icon

Group: FETO Manager
FEPoints: 133,734,690,354
Member No.: 13,316

Skylessia Characters

I honestly see more pros than cons in this.

I'm on the list of top 5 most characters created, and I'm telling you, it's not fun. On this current system, if you have too many characters to choose from, the page wont load when you join a battle, ever. It's why I can't ever do training battles for whatever reason. Also you tend to have units you will never use, and it's a nightmare to sort through them all.

This is a good idea.
Current Mood: Relieved
+Quote Post

sirocyl
post Sep 12 2013, 06:07 PM
Post #10

my face has three hands
Group Icon

Well, we seem to have more votes for it. If you're against it, reply to me with specific reasons as to why, and I'll try to rectify them before implementing it.
+Quote Post

Beemo
post Sep 12 2013, 08:52 PM
Post #11

Big Men Ovulate
Group Icon

FEPoints: 209,991,618
Member No.: 5,307

Great idea. Reduces the number of new characters created, thus keeping the site smaller, and allows new players to flourish in new ways and more quickly.

My only concern is how it's implemented.

Alternative 1: Character "Auction House" - Prevents excessive character sales, and prevents the market from becoming extremely volatile and liquid. Instant purchases essentially mean that players can trade their characters for next to nothing, and characters are able to flow freely around the meta.

Alternative 2: Delayed Stat Changes - Characters acquired through trade could have a "stat purgatory" that prevents them from using stat change items or weekly changes. Prevents the aforementioned volatility and liquidity which could give rich or experienced players advantages over newly established players.

Alternative 3 - Limit Trades by Player/Character - Prevent players from making more than x trades per specific amount of time, or prevent characters from being traded for x amount of time. The first is probably more significantly more effective.
Current Mood: Gelassen
+Quote Post

Nohrian Lord S-IX
post Sep 12 2013, 09:28 PM
Post #12

YOU CAN'T BEAT THE SPEED!
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
FEPoints: 1,000,000,014
Member No.: 10,918

I kinda figured you'd just be deleting your character and receiving 250gold (250 + half M.Crown cost for lords) back for them. As selling them to other players could possibly break the game (possibly).
Current Mood: DO THE DO THE CATWALK, DO THE DO THE CATWALK!!!!!
+Quote Post

SereneFlight
post Sep 13 2013, 07:08 AM
Post #13

Mr. good-for-nothing
Group Icon

QUOTE(Blade Lord S-IX @ Sep 13 2013, 05:28 AM) *
As selling them to other players could possibly break the game (possibly).

Nuuu, somebody sell me some promos xD
Jk.
+Quote Post

GreenKnight
post Sep 13 2013, 08:03 PM
Post #14

FEPer
Group Icon

I'm also against selling characters to other players. If we did that then there would be no point in training units and risking battles by wanting some other units trained. Trading units could possibly allow rare items to be obtained early and avoid playing the low levels of the game with a new account. A good deceiving plan would be:
a)Make a secondary account.
b)Make all characters on the secondary account.
c)Train said characters until death without worry of losing fights, also getting good items.
d)Transfer characters to main account.
e)Murder the living hell out of every peasant out there that believes that a 0/0/0/0 means that your team is new to the game.

In my opinion, until we can directly sell items to other players (which can -possibly- break the game for it hasn't been done), we shouldn't be trading units. I just don't like the idea. :P
+Quote Post

sirocyl
post Sep 14 2013, 12:08 AM
Post #15

my face has three hands
Group Icon

So what we want is the ability to get rid of characters (possibly in exchange for money), and NOT to "sell" them to other characters. Correct?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2019 - 06:35 PM

Affiliates