Athelis
post Sep 15 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #1

All glory to the Hypnotoad
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 530
Member No.: 1,202

Does anyone else like his solo stuff? I mean, he was awesome with System of a Down, and so far the two songs I've heard ("The Unthinking Majority" and "Empty Walls") are good as well. I'm planning on buying his Album (Elect the Dead) when it comes out.

Opinions?
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

SnowboardingEckesachs
post Sep 16 2007, 01:18 AM
Post #2

Hunter of Style
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
FEPoints: 223,744,073,705,000,576
Member No.: 83

Skylessia Characters
Radiance of Elibe Characters

Fuck yes.

Serj is like magic. That's why I loved SOAD early stuff because it was mainly Serj doing the vocals, but the later they got the more spotlight was stolen from him by you-know-who.
Current Mood: i'm still not sure why i'm here
+Quote Post

MAILBOXARSON99
post Sep 17 2007, 03:59 PM
Post #3

LIVE/LOVE/BURN/DIE
Group Icon

FEPoints: 1,530
Member No.: 104

Pure win. Serj Tankian owns. I'm listening to "The Unthinking Majority" for my first time right now, and it is great.
Current Mood: badass.
+Quote Post

Smack Johnson
post Sep 21 2007, 03:12 PM
Post #4

I hate Illinois nazis
Group Icon

FEPoints: 1,170
Member No.: 610

I prefer it as SOAD but empty walls is OK.
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

Jack
post Sep 21 2007, 08:01 PM
Post #5

I'm not dead yet
Group Icon

FEPoints: 6,456,945
Member No.: 332

I heard about this...haven't listened yet, probably will because Serj > Donovan or w/e the hell his name is. Gawd, his voice is so fucking annoying and Serj's is just incredible.
Current Mood: Bleh
+Quote Post

MAILBOXARSON99
post Sep 22 2007, 09:08 AM
Post #6

LIVE/LOVE/BURN/DIE
Group Icon

FEPoints: 1,530
Member No.: 104

And the best part of all is that Serj Tankian is a communist!
QUOTE(Wikipedia)
Axis of Justice is a non-profit organization co-founded by Serj Tankian (of System of a Down) and Tom Morello (from the band Rage Against the Machine and the now defunct Audioslave). Its purpose is to bring together musicians, fans of music, and grassroots political organizations to fight for social justice together.

In a recent interview, Tom Morello remarked that he formed Axis of Justice with Serj Tankian after witnessing some members of the audience at Ozzfest 2002 promoting racist symbols and imagery. In an effort to promote a staunchly anti-racist and anti-fascist message, Axis of Justice allied with Anti-Racist Action shortly after its formation.

An Axis of Justice tent might appear at music festivals where either Audioslave or System of a Down are playing, as it did at Lollapalooza 2003. The Axis Of Justice also puts out a monthly radio show that can be heard on KPFK in Los Angeles, California and on XM Satellite Radio. The shows are archived in MP3 format on the AOJ website and are available as free downloads. They also have a number of books on their website that they recommend to support their views.

In 2004 , they released a live album/DVD entitled "Axis of Justice: Concert Series Volume 1". It contains performances by Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Brad Wilk and Chris Cornell from Audioslave, Serj Tankian from System of a Down, Pete Yorn, Tim Walker, Maynard James Keenan of Tool and A Perfect Circle, and Wayne Kramer among others. It was recorded during a concert at the Avalon in Los Angeles. The concert was a benefit to raise money for the Axis of Justice and a variety of causes.
Current Mood: badass.
+Quote Post

Scar
post Sep 23 2007, 10:23 AM
Post #7

Top Contender
Group Icon

FEPoints: 10,006
Member No.: 70

Yeah, I was pluggin' Fury up on this shit weeks ago. Empty Walls is really good, makes me long for SOAD again.
Current Mood: Enamored.
+Quote Post

Jack
post Sep 23 2007, 01:35 PM
Post #8

I'm not dead yet
Group Icon

FEPoints: 6,456,945
Member No.: 332

QUOTE(Terry-X @ Sep 22 2007, 10:08 AM) *
QUOTE(Wikipedia)
Axis of Justice is a non-profit organization co-founded by Serj Tankian (of System of a Down) and Tom Morello (from the band Rage Against the Machine and the now defunct Audioslave). Its purpose is to bring together musicians, fans of music, and grassroots political organizations to fight for social justice together.

In a recent interview, Tom Morello remarked that he formed Axis of Justice with Serj Tankian after witnessing some members of the audience at Ozzfest 2002 promoting racist symbols and imagery. In an effort to promote a staunchly anti-racist and anti-fascist message, Axis of Justice allied with Anti-Racist Action shortly after its formation.

An Axis of Justice tent might appear at music festivals where either Audioslave or System of a Down are playing, as it did at Lollapalooza 2003. The Axis Of Justice also puts out a monthly radio show that can be heard on KPFK in Los Angeles, California and on XM Satellite Radio. The shows are archived in MP3 format on the AOJ website and are available as free downloads. They also have a number of books on their website that they recommend to support their views.

In 2004 , they released a live album/DVD entitled "Axis of Justice: Concert Series Volume 1". It contains performances by Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Brad Wilk and Chris Cornell from Audioslave, Serj Tankian from System of a Down, Pete Yorn, Tim Walker, Maynard James Keenan of Tool and A Perfect Circle, and Wayne Kramer among others. It was recorded during a concert at the Avalon in Los Angeles. The concert was a benefit to raise money for the Axis of Justice and a variety of causes.

I dun see anything mentioning communism in that whole post.

And Wikipedia = Phail. Anyone can edit it, meaning anyone can BS the whole world under the radar. I failed a project at school once cause all the info on Wiki was wrong.
Current Mood: Bleh
+Quote Post

Hanabi Ookami
post Dec 12 2007, 07:13 AM
Post #9

Ninja Monkey of DOOOOOM
Group Icon

FEPoints: 0
From: I live in a magical place, filled with rainbows ponies, and heavy metal. And Ohio.
Member No.: 2,309

Serj rocks. I hate him for leaving SOAD, but his solo stuff's pretty good. Empty Walls is a good song. (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/^_^.gif)
Current Mood: Unbelievably stupid.
+Quote Post

Spirit of Darkness
post Dec 13 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #10

FEPer
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,433

QUOTE(Hanabi Ookami @ Dec 12 2007, 07:13 AM) *
Serj rocks. I hate him for leaving SOAD, but his solo stuff's pretty good. Empty Walls is a good song. (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/^_^.gif)

You shouldn't hate him for that. Hate him for the fact he cut his hair. Kidding. But seriously I enjoy the singles outing he's doing. It sounds alot like his early stuff with SOAD. Still mad that he cut his hair though.
Current Mood: In love with my g/f
+Quote Post

T90
post Dec 13 2007, 11:46 AM
Post #11

FEPer
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,432

I love SOAD, but as they say, If they aren`t do somthing good, better disband.

I only heard Empty walls and The unthinking mayority; they aren`t bad, but... SOAD is SOAD

GOD; please, join them quickly...
Current Mood: I`ll never play FE 10, snift...
+Quote Post

A relic of FEP's past
post Dec 15 2007, 02:47 AM
Post #12

Rememberance of what I once was...
Group Icon

FEPoints: 696,969,706
Member No.: 532

Skylessia Characters

Yet another necro. Sigh...
Current Mood: Forever remembered for my misdoings.
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2019 - 11:11 AM

Affiliates