GeneralMasochist
post May 10 2010, 10:43 PM
Post #18

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
FEPoints: 105
Member No.: 11,916

So uh, how are we going to get 4 more debaters for 8 people? And what about the judges that participate?
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

Hinagiku Katsura
post May 10 2010, 10:52 PM
Post #19

Power of Flower
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
FEPoints: 4,365
Member No.: 29

CATS and I will more certainly judge. Let's see if 4 more people sign up.
Current Mood: Hayate~
+Quote Post

HF Makalov Fanboy
post May 11 2010, 10:26 AM
Post #20

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 12,275
Member No.: 4,452

I might as well join for the heck of it

granted its been an while since i've played any FE games but i'm sure i could do something

IIRC aren't the charactors chosen for the debate at random?
+Quote Post

CATS
post May 13 2010, 07:37 PM
Post #21

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 4,210
Member No.: 2,334

Usually debaters can pick characters, or pick a single character that they have to stick with throughout the tournament. In more recent tournaments, debaters can generally change characters after every round. Never seen a tournament where chars were randomized.
+Quote Post

HF Makalov Fanboy
post May 14 2010, 02:35 PM
Post #22

FEPer
Group Icon

QUOTE(CATS @ May 13 2010, 08:37 PM) *
Usually debaters can pick characters, or pick a single character that they have to stick with throughout the tournament. In more recent tournaments, debaters can generally change characters after every round. Never seen a tournament where chars were randomized.

I must be the only one that goes to gamefaqs.

but yes they choose the charactors based on random so noone has an clear advantage of thier choosing.

like for example if you could choose your FE7 charactor everyone would try to get Raven and etc.etc.etc.

its kinda like giving them the win before its already started, also if the charactors are random each round that means the person can't use the same opening "paragraph" that they've used in all the other rounds, or make the same points since they will be working with different charactors

+Quote Post

GeneralMasochist
post May 15 2010, 07:31 PM
Post #23

FEPer
Group Icon

QUOTE(HF Makalov Fanboy @ May 14 2010, 03:35 PM) *
QUOTE(CATS @ May 13 2010, 08:37 PM) *

I must be the only one that goes to gamefaqs.

but yes they choose the charactors based on random so noone has an clear advantage of thier choosing.

like for example if you could choose your FE7 charactor everyone would try to get Raven and etc.etc.etc.

its kinda like giving them the win before its already started, also if the charactors are random each round that means the person can't use the same opening "paragraph" that they've used in all the other rounds, or make the same points since they will be working with different charactors

From what I read on most debates that aren't stationed in GFAQs, people usually adjust it to a match-up between the two characters where "both sides could be seen", one could say. For example, if your opponent picked Raven for his debate and it was of the Ranks Debates, then I would likely choose someone that is "near" his tier position, per se. Most people don't debate with the same character twice anyway, with few exceptions of course.

Looks like this is going nowhere though. "Should've done what the people wanted" and chose FE8 instead then just banning Seth.
+Quote Post

HF Makalov Fanboy
post May 19 2010, 04:08 PM
Post #24

FEPer
Group Icon

QUOTE(GeneralMasochist @ May 15 2010, 08:31 PM) *
From what I read on most debates that aren't stationed in GFAQs, people usually adjust it to a match-up between the two characters where "both sides could be seen", one could say. For example, if your opponent picked Raven for his debate and it was of the Ranks Debates, then I would likely choose someone that is "near" his tier position, per se. Most people don't debate with the same character twice anyway, with few exceptions of course.

Looks like this is going nowhere though. "Should've done what the people wanted" and chose FE8 instead then just banning Seth.

yeah tell me about it, i wanted to do FE8 as well but noooo, we just had to be in an draw.

but yeah i've heard about how good Seth is...but HOW exactly is he as good as he is?

i believe you guys and all, but i don't know this information
+Quote Post

kirsche
post May 19 2010, 05:34 PM
Post #25

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 4,210
Member No.: 7,597

The deployment slot means he's neutral at worst and since he's good he's a constant positive. Any team without Ike is automatically weaker since his deployment slot can't be used by another unit. It's a broken argument. Then you add in the other goodies, seizing, and whatever else... It's much easier to just ban Ike.

No, it's much easier to just ban story line arguments (ashnard/seizing/BK arguments), which are generally just clicking buttons anyway, and with that logic we might as well credit Astrid for re-recruiting Gatrie, Lethe/Mordy for Stefan etcetera.

You can just throw Ike into a corner and have other units do all the work. 9/10 there's enougth unit slots to do this. So when debating Ike, it's just 9 units + Ike vs 9 units + X, but who does more for the team, Ike or X? Not using a deployment slot is near worthless.
+Quote Post

GeneralMasochist
post May 20 2010, 10:59 AM
Post #26

FEPer
Group Icon

QUOTE(HF Makalov Fanboy @ May 19 2010, 05:08 PM) *
QUOTE(GeneralMasochist @ May 15 2010, 08:31 PM) *

yeah tell me about it, i wanted to do FE8 as well but noooo, we just had to be in an draw.

but yeah i've heard about how good Seth is...but HOW exactly is he as good as he is?

i believe you guys and all, but i don't know this information

Seth is pretty borderline ridiculous. Think Sigurd if he wasn't the lord and could trivialize the entire earlygame so badly that units like Franz stood little to no chance of leveling up. Someone named dondon151 made videos showing proof of Seth's absurdity with Seth.
+Quote Post

Soren37
post May 23 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #27

Illegally Insane.
Group Icon

FEPoints: 0
Member No.: 5,477

Radiance of Elibe Characters

I'll sign up. Let's see where this takes me.
Current Mood: It's the Holidays!
+Quote Post

Soren37
post Jun 13 2010, 12:22 PM
Post #28

Illegally Insane.
Group Icon

FEPoints: 0
Member No.: 5,477

Radiance of Elibe Characters

Sorry for the necro-post, but are we still doing the Debate Tourney, or no?
Current Mood: It's the Holidays!
+Quote Post

HF Makalov Fanboy
post Jun 13 2010, 05:49 PM
Post #29

FEPer
Group Icon

i think the author might've died while working out or something.

either that or something esle but this doesn't look like its going to happen
+Quote Post

Crimea River
post Jun 13 2010, 06:24 PM
Post #30

Winter is coming.
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
FEPoints: 4,585
Member No.: 81

Yeah. Marcus left FEP. If we find someone willing and capable of running a debate tourney, we could have one.
Current Mood: muahaha...
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2019 - 11:40 AM

Affiliates