Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) · IRC Chat

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Bows a bit too strong?
Bows
What should be done?
Nothing. They're fine and balanced. [ 14 ] ** [43.75%]
-1 MT to all bows [ 8 ] ** [25.00%]
-1 MT to all bows and something else (e.g. flier effectiveness reduced) [ 4 ] ** [12.50%]
Some nerf that doesn't harm their MT [ 6 ] ** [18.75%]
Total Votes: 32
Guests cannot vote 

kaishin no chikara
post Jun 19 2013, 11:28 PM
Post #31

My Name ^ Shit I Dribble ->
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 10,001,064
Member No.: 5,521

QUOTE(Falaflame @ Jun 19 2013, 10:40 PM) *
I swear, if bows get a nerf, we're gonna see all-hawk teams filling up the fields.

I'd rather not see that.

Hawk archers obviously become easier to hit because of this. If you start seeing dracos and lance hawks, let weapon triangle advantage be your guide to that as well.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: SOMETHING THAT SPACE FLOWER WON'T BUG ME ABOUT
+Quote Post

GreenKnight
post Aug 1 2013, 09:35 PM
Post #32

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 165
Member No.: 44,214

I can agree that the bow users are versatile; however, they do have some vulnerabilities aside from the pros. About the skills associated with bows such as being more devastating in range, most bows hardly have range 1, so they get disadvantages at lower levels. The pros of the bow users is fending away the flying units, we know that. Flying units are usually a pain for slow teams because of their range. With bows nerfed, they'll appear more often and be more useful, like mentioned.
If bows dealt less damage than they currently do, they'd be rendered more useless. We have to note that they're commonly used because not too many teams (At least the ones I've had the honor to fight against) are focused in high levels of defense with units almost inmune to them, but instead, flying units with long ranges and lots of mages. In my newbie opinion, they're just as good as they are.
Current Mood: Excellent
+Quote Post

kaishin no chikara
post Aug 4 2013, 02:55 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

The standard for these arguments is assumed to be Song of the Night Sparrow, which has no terrain, and at max level (both promoted and unpromoted, so you have two things to argue).

And 1 less might won't change much. There are already people that are able to get a good first strike with 19/29 POW archers/snipers, so ya.

If you don't know how the first strike works, you should go look it up in Mint's guide.

Lastly, because B-ranks/S-ranks are so powerful (and accurate against high-def units, which usually have low evasion), only armours can really stop their assault (even if things with counter provide a deterrent).

If fliers really do become more prominent... well, FETO should be an ever changing game, not a perfectly balanced one.
+Quote Post

kaishin no chikara
post Aug 4 2013, 02:55 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Accidental double post.
+Quote Post

LeaderR Elliot
post Aug 4 2013, 04:49 PM
Post #35

Leader of Raid
Group Icon

FEPoints: 2,888,028
Member No.: 65,734

I had time for a small reflexion about Bows in canon

Well IIRC canon FESD Wi-fi snipers and horseman were pretty good because the same factor full power 2 range brave/longbow behind FoW and full power brave at 1-2 range respectively.

Bows are as many FE discussion stated an outstanding player phase weapon that really never gets to shine in canon FE because stats problem of units or just 1 kill in Player phase because most of the action happens on the enemy phase when in FETO a PvP game where you fight a human beign at technically equal grounds player phase becomes more important and thus bows a superior weapon type due to its design.

I kinda can approve a nerf for a limited time like 3 months or something then I suppose we can have a discussion about the results.

t probably wont solve anything because as stated they are meant for player phase that in FETO translates to First striking
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2018 - 10:54 AM

Affiliates