Post #166

Bad grammar makes me [sic]
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 1,375
Member No.: 2,137

Radiance of Elibe Characters

QUOTE(TMG @ Sep 10 2009, 08:43 PM) *
Children should be taught about sexuality in sex ed class, obviously, but morality should be left completely out of it because that's not the teacher's job, whether they're telling them that it's okay or that it's wrong.

Then we're in total agreement, at least on the issue of homosexuality being taught in school. Any response to the rest of the content of your post would get overly abstract very quickly, I'm afraid, and anyway when it comes to religious issues people tend not to be very persuadable, so I'm going to refrain from getting into that. However, I don't think calling another person's beliefs ignorant necessarily makes you so. Just throwing that out there.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

TMG
post Sep 11 2009, 05:43 AM
Post #167

al'Lan Mandragoran
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
FEPoints: 1,000,000
Member No.: 35

Skylessia Characters

QUOTE(baftaboo @ Sep 10 2009, 09:15 PM) *
QUOTE(TMG @ Sep 10 2009, 08:43 PM) *
Children should be taught about sexuality in sex ed class, obviously, but morality should be left completely out of it because that's not the teacher's job, whether they're telling them that it's okay or that it's wrong.

Then we're in total agreement, at least on the issue of homosexuality being taught in school. Any response to the rest of the content of your post would get overly abstract very quickly, I'm afraid, and anyway when it comes to religious issues people tend not to be very persuadable, so I'm going to refrain from getting into that. However, I don't think calling another person's beliefs ignorant necessarily makes you so. Just throwing that out there.

Oh, okay. I misunderstood what you were saying about teaching it in school.

And I agree with your last couple of sentences. Some beliefs are based entirely on ignorance. But because you accused the Church of being into brainwashing earlier, I was afraid you would write my beliefs off as ignorant just because they're religious. I have actually thought about this, and I'm not ignorant to the facts.
Current Mood: TMG-y
+Quote Post

post Feb 22 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #168

Group Icon

FEPoints: 0
Member No.: 4,039

QUOTE(Big Boss @ May 17 2009, 08:16 PM) *
Should homosexuals have the right to be married. Yes, or no?

Yes. It's not our right no tell them what they can and can't do. Also, it's unconstitutional.

Also, is being gay a bad thing? I'll take a guess and say 90% of this board will disagree.

"Right" is a rather arbitrary word.

Marriage is an important celebration in every culture. If you want to be married in a certain way, such as a Christian marriage, you should make the appropriate preparations so you may follow through with your intentions while still being respectful of that culture or religion.

Politically, there is no right or wrong; as long as you are able to prosper as a ruler and nation.

I just noticed, this is a rather old topic. Has no one been debating recently?
+Quote Post

qwertyuiop0112358
post May 8 2010, 06:15 PM
Post #169

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
FEPoints: 75
Member No.: 11,867

My opinion is that the people not being affected shouldn't care if gays mary or not. Being gay is something as un-preventable as inheriting diabetes. I myself am not gay, but I know some gay people and fequently they are pretty nice. One biblical excuse against homosexuality is "A man shall not sleep with another man..." We don't know exactly what they ment by this and man usually describes everyone male or female, so it could just meen not to sleep with more than one person.
+Quote Post

Hinagiku Katsura
post May 9 2010, 08:10 PM
Post #170

Power of Flower
Group Icon

FEPoints: 4,365
Member No.: 29

My take on it is that the bible says that due to population issues. The human population was small back then. It's like how Jews and Muslims won't eat pork. It's because they were still n00bs at cooking and storage and got sick and died from it. I don't think God himself ever said "don't eat pork and shellfish."
Current Mood: Hayate~
+Quote Post

White Fox
post May 10 2010, 10:25 AM
Post #171

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 155
Member No.: 8,684

Wow, you know, I wasn't going to get involved in this argument, mostly because it's an emotional argument, which I don't do well at, but there have been some things I've read in this post that are some misconceptions which I would like to correct, but first, I'll give my opinion on the subject and reasons why.

I do not believe that homosexuals, any homosexuals, should be allowed to marry. Marriage has been, historically, between a man and a woman. There is no reason to change that. Now, that being said, What you do on your own is your business. I'm not going to stop two homosexuals from living together and doing whatever they want in their private homes.

Now for the misconceptions. First, marriage is not a right, it is a privilege, which might be the main reason for this debate. A right is guaranteed, something you are born with, you are not guaranteed to get married, nor are you born with it.

There is no such thing as separation of Church and State in the United States Constitution. What is in the Constitution is the Establishment clause, which people tout about as the separation of Church and State, and the Free exercise clause, which some of the people who tout about the Separation crock often ignore. Believe it or not, the Establishment clause was designed to keep government out of religion, not to keep religion out of government.

Third, the reason Jews don't eat certain foods, at least in my opinion, is because of the story of Noah, when God told Noah he could only eat certain animals that were on the ark. (The animals on the ark weren't just taken 2 by 2. There were 2 of some and 7 of others. It has to do with clean and unclean animals, but I can't remember which was which.)
+Quote Post

qwertyuiop0112358
post May 10 2010, 03:52 PM
Post #172

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
FEPoints: 75
Member No.: 11,867

Actually in Leviticus 11:3 it says: "You may eat any animal that has a split hoof completely divided and chews the cud." And Leviticus 11:9 says: "Of all the creatures living in the water of the seas and the streams, you may eat any that have fish and scales."
+Quote Post

White Fox
post May 10 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #173

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 155
Member No.: 8,684

Ah, Ok, thanks for the correction, qwerty
+Quote Post

Ninja Monkey
post May 10 2010, 09:00 PM
Post #174

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 350
Member No.: 2,198

QUOTE(White Fox @ May 10 2010, 10:25 AM) *
Wow, you know, I wasn't going to get involved in this argument, mostly because it's an emotional argument, which I don't do well at, but there have been some things I've read in this post that are some misconceptions which I would like to correct, but first, I'll give my opinion on the subject and reasons why.

I do not believe that homosexuals, any homosexuals, should be allowed to marry. Marriage has been, historically, between a man and a woman. There is no reason to change that. Now, that being said, What you do on your own is your business. I'm not going to stop two homosexuals from living together and doing whatever they want in their private homes.

Now for the misconceptions. First, marriage is not a right, it is a privilege, which might be the main reason for this debate. A right is guaranteed, something you are born with, you are not guaranteed to get married, nor are you born with it.

There is no such thing as separation of Church and State in the United States Constitution. What is in the Constitution is the Establishment clause, which people tout about as the separation of Church and State, and the Free exercise clause, which some of the people who tout about the Separation crock often ignore. Believe it or not, the Establishment clause was designed to keep government out of religion, not to keep religion out of government.

Third, the reason Jews don't eat certain foods, at least in my opinion, is because of the story of Noah, when God told Noah he could only eat certain animals that were on the ark. (The animals on the ark weren't just taken 2 by 2. There were 2 of some and 7 of others. It has to do with clean and unclean animals, but I can't remember which was which.)

This whole post is a giant facepalm, congrats.
+Quote Post

Hinagiku Katsura
post May 10 2010, 09:22 PM
Post #175

Power of Flower
Group Icon

QUOTE(qwertyuiop0112358 @ May 10 2010, 04:52 PM) *
Actually in Leviticus 11:3 it says: "You may eat any animal that has a split hoof completely divided and chews the cud." And Leviticus 11:9 says: "Of all the creatures living in the water of the seas and the streams, you may eat any that have fish and scales."

That's nice, but it makes absolutely no sense.

QUOTE(Ninja Monkey @ May 10 2010, 10:00 PM) *

And yours wasn't very productive at all.
+Quote Post

Ninja Monkey
post May 10 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #176

FEPer
Group Icon

QUOTE(Hinagiku Katsura @ May 10 2010, 09:22 PM) *
QUOTE(Ninja Monkey @ May 10 2010, 10:00 PM) *

And yours wasn't very productive at all.

Oh noes, I wasn't productive! However will I survive?
+Quote Post

Stalker Sasqatch
post May 10 2010, 09:57 PM
Post #177

Seal Clubber
Group Icon

FEPoints: 1,000,000,000,000,015
Member No.: 5,093

QUOTE(Ninja Monkey @ May 10 2010, 09:00 PM) *
QUOTE(White Fox @ May 10 2010, 10:25 AM) *

Fucking this^^^ "Its always been this way, therefore, we have no reason to change!!!" If we applied that logic to anything that has to do with civil rights, we'd still have slaves and women would still be in the kitchen. White, landowning men would still be the sole voters. Clearly, we see how well that worked out. Marriage is a privilege that everyone (everyone being literally everyone, gays included) is entitled to, so long as the feelings felt are true. There is really no reason to think otherwise.
Current Mood: Insatiable Science Boner.
+Quote Post

Hinagiku Katsura
post May 10 2010, 10:13 PM
Post #178

Power of Flower
Group Icon

Message to everyone:

QUOTE(the rule)
3. Trolling/Spamming - No one liners here guys. If you're going to post, give some time and put thought into it. Don't insult someone's stance without backing it up, and certainly don't start something when you haven't been participating in the argument until that post.

Next useless post gets a warning.
+Quote Post

Ninja Monkey
post May 10 2010, 10:34 PM
Post #179

FEPer
Group Icon

QUOTE(Hinagiku Katsura @ May 10 2010, 10:13 PM) *
Message to everyone:

QUOTE(the rule)
3. Trolling/Spamming - No one liners here guys. If you're going to post, give some time and put thought into it. Don't insult someone's stance without backing it up, and certainly don't start something when you haven't been participating in the argument until that post.

Next useless post gets a warning.

Because stuff like this:

QUOTE(CAR = BIDOOF @ May 18 2009, 03:00 PM) *
Absolutely not. Homosexuality is disgusting, and allowing them to marry would only encourage this filthy act. It's against the Bible, and really, it's just against human nature. There's a reason male and female genitalia are as they are, you know!

Homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry, or, I'd go as far as saying they shouldn't be allowed to live. It should be a capital crime.

(IMG:http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9538/25594204.png)

is totally better than what I post, amirite? Would you rather I write out a paragraph that would express all the reasons why it's a facepalm, which would inevitably lead to him getting pissed off since he clearly already said he can't handle emotional issues?
+Quote Post

Hinagiku Katsura
post May 10 2010, 10:50 PM
Post #180

Power of Flower
Group Icon

The clear best option was to not post then. Someone's actions from a year ago have no relevance to your actions.

Also, a message to everyone once again:

QUOTE(the rules)
Mini-Modding/Backseat Modding (0-3)
Do not respond to anyone who is breaking the rules; warning and punishing members is the job of the administrators and moderators, and not yours. DO NOT respond to anyone breaking the rules. If you see anyone breaking the rules, the best action you can take is to make use of the report button. The message will be sent via e-mail to a staff member, and they will deal with it accordingly. If you see no action taking place within 24 hours, contact a staff member directly via PM/IM.
The reason we ask people not to respond is to avoid any potential flaming/trolling. We appreciate a member's willingness to help; we simply ask that you do it properly.
1st offense: verbal warn
2nd offense: 10% warn
3rd offense: 30% warn

-If the guilty member responds to a verbal warning in the topic, it will be considered flaming. If you wish to make an apology, do it through PM/IM.
-If a verbally warned member - or any other member - has any questions, they are to be directed to the staff member via PM/IM.
-If the guilty member responds to their warning via topic/post, it will be considered flaming. If you wish to make an apology, do it through PM/IM.
+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2019 - 10:37 AM

Affiliates