Post #1

The Dictator of Guam
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
FEPoints: 21,406
Member No.: 398

Skylessia Characters
Radiance of Elibe Characters

(A collaborative effort between IrishBarbarian and Ianaandru De Bushido)

Moira arrived in town, but felt no closer to her destination. Or, at least, her intended destination. As it turned out, she managed to have the luck to get a hold of a diary of one of her ancestors, and read about a town in which she found an immense treasure - big enough where all her money issues were resolved forever, there was plenty for her companions at the time, and with plenty more left over that should still be there. Her ancestor described the town as Babur'ak, and also drew what something like an odd-looking medallion that was supposed to lead to this treasure. From what her ancestor wrote, she hid it just outside of town.

Sadly, this town didn't seem to be the Babur'ak described in the diary. Rather, it didn't seem to even be Babur'ak at all (judging by the map that was given), it was a town called Tan'okan. It was a disappointment, but the monk was sure she was closing in on her destination. Thankfully, it was the middle of the day, so it wasn't urgent to get a room at the inn. The town itself was lightly guarded, which was something of a surprise to her - perhaps the activity of demons was lower here than what one would expect.

Figuring that she might as well enjoy the day while it lasted, Moira parked herself on a bench and leafed through one of her tomes. She'd have to leave town eventually, and perhaps she could ask around and see what she could find. Local villagers would probably have more up-to-date information, at least.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

Ianaandru De Bushido
post Oct 1 2012, 09:42 PM
Post #2

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 425
Member No.: 73,070

"Thank you sir. Have a good day." She ducked her head slightly as she received the wrapped bundle... there went the money she got from her last courier job. but she needed more Javelins sooner rather then later. She pulled out a pouch of money and gave it over, having already counted what she needed from yesterday. 400 for a set of 20, she would have to make it last. Tucking the bundle under her arm, she walked away with her new weapons... that made 27 now? that sounded about right.

It was nice to be home in her home country, Perhaps she'd head home soon to say hello to her mother and sister if she was there... it had been several months sense her last visit. and then maybe she could get some home made bread and... oh, the idea sounded wonderful... that what she'd do if she couldn't find a job in the next mon- no, next week! Mentally having a laugh, there was a slight spring in her step as she made her way to the inn... if she was lucky, she could even come home with money to show she was busy and successful!

As she made her way to the inn, she sort of slowed down realizing the money issue... she didn't have any. maybe enough to scratch another day with a discount but she was running on low fundage. it spoiled the mood somewhat, but grounded her back in reality. she was going to need another job soon... perhaps a trip to the tavern of board would be better first.
+Quote Post

IrishBarbarian
post Oct 1 2012, 10:20 PM
Post #3

The Dictator of Guam
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

As she read through the tome, making note of the spells contained within it, the monk's stomach growled a bit. It was about lunchtime now, and she could use a decent meal. Seeing as there was only one inn, there was really only one place to go to eat. Granted, Moira supposed that she could beg, or snack on some bread, but she wasn't exactly wanting, and hot food sounded quite nice. If there was a better opportunity, it was probably now.

It didn't take long to walk to the inn, which was quiet in comparison to what the monk was used to. Granted, being in a more remote place, it was to be expected. Before she approached the innkeeper to get a room, a board with flyers on it attracted her attention. So typical, and yet they were an absolute honeypot for her. Some looked like they had been hanging there for sometime, with requests long since abandoned or completed - others were newer and listed current goings-on within the town. One, however, was of particular interest to her;

Local Treasure Hunters!
Artifact found! Seeking those interested
in investigating origin. Pay will be extremely
well! Room & Board at inn will be covered
as advance payment for services. Seek
RASMUNSON at inn this afternoon for details.

Realizing that this Rasmunson person could show up at any moment now, she quickly took a seat and waited - surely someone like that couldn't be missed that easily. It seemed like easy money to her, and an experienced adventurer such as herself could always use the extra gold.
+Quote Post

Ianaandru De Bushido
post Oct 1 2012, 11:19 PM
Post #4

FEPer
Group Icon

...Sooner or later, she found herself at the inn. It was best to get the problem out of the way now, and HOPE she could keep her room for another night. If mercy was on her side that was... perhaps she could get something like a tab or a debt to pay back. A business needed money to run after all and it gave her time to find work quickly, should the manger buy into the idea.

She walked up to the front counter, sighing as she cursed her soon to be empty wallet. To give her arm a break, she placed her wrapped stack of javelins down vertically. "Excuse me... I need to stay another night, but I've accidentally spent a little more then i was planning. Could i pay you what i have right now and run the rest up on a tab of some kind?" She pulled out her key in preparation if that wasn't possible. "...Sorry to ask... here is my key if you need me to turn it in now."
+Quote Post

IrishBarbarian
post Oct 2 2012, 10:29 AM
Post #5

The Dictator of Guam
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

As she waited around for this Rasmunson character to show up, another young woman walked in through the door, perhaps a bit down on her luck. She approached the innkeeper, and tried to bargain to stay another night on a tab. Feeling generous, Moira decided to at least help the woman out and offer her more options;

"Erm, hello. As it turns out, I'm about to take this job from this Rasmunson person that offers to, um, pay for a room here. If you, er, don't mind, perhaps you could, ah, take the room instead and I pay for my own? Or I could, um, pay what you need and, er, you won't need to pay me back."

The innkeeper perked up a little at the mention of the free room. "Are you talking about Alby? He'd probably pay for both of your rooms, regardless of whether you take up his little 'quest' or not. He's here every now and again with something valuable. Bit of a local eccentric, that one - claims he was the butler to some lord some years ago, and made off with quite a bit of gold after the lord died."

"Well, er, I suppose that's settled, then." Looking at the woman again, the monk said; "My name is, um, Moira Trenor-Itzal, by the way."
+Quote Post

Ianaandru De Bushido
post Oct 2 2012, 03:47 PM
Post #6

FEPer
Group Icon

Fortune came her way when a girl in green intricate clothes also came up to the front desk, offering to spot the bill. She didn't look much older then she was... maybe 23 at most? Regardless, that wasn't important. she was a bit conflicted about taking the room, seeing how she wasn't paying a single piece. Turning to face her, she was slightly withdrawn in how she spoke. "T-thanks, but I'd feel like i was stealing... if i could ask for a few pieces though and i pay the lion shar-"

The inn-keeper then expanded on some details. Alby? then was Rasmunson a pen name? and he'd pay rooms for everyone who listened to him? Now fortune seemed to really come her way! This was both a job and a free night! Her answer would be obvious. She really didn't have another choice right now, so turning her head to the manger, she nodded. "Then im with him... and uh, her. him and her." That sounded right. She put the key back in her maroon cloak, obviously in a better mood now. Being proactive had its benefits~

Her attention focused back on her 'savior', she had a bit of a smile now not having to worry about where she was sleeping tonight. offering her hand, she spoke after she introduced herself as 'moira' "Its a pleasure Moira Trenor-Itzal. I am Eydis Vindrarr, Child of the sky... Thank you for helping me. I'll have to return the favor some day."
+Quote Post

IrishBarbarian
post Oct 2 2012, 05:40 PM
Post #7

The Dictator of Guam
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

The woman seemed reluctant to take Moira's offer until after the innkeeper spoke up. Not only did the monk do something good, it seemed like she'd possibly have a companion for this job (that always made things better). "It's, um, no trouble at all, don't worry about it." was about all she could say in reply. The woman introduced herself as Eydis, and it was then that she noticed the stack of javelins nearby. From what the monk knew of fighting with weapons, it took quite a bit of skill to throw javelins properly.

Before Moira could properly compliment the pegasus knight however, a grey-haired man burst into the inn. He wore a puffy bright blue shirt, which was covered with a red vest adorned with gold buttons and thin chains. He had a well-trimmed beard and had an almost exaggerated mustache to go with it. To complete it all, he wore a monocle and cartoonish black top hat. Clearly, this was Rasmunson, and eccentric was a bit of an understatement - He looked more like a clownish attempt at imitating a rich person than someone who used to be a butler.

The man briefly looked around, set his eyes on her and Eydis, and practically flew towards them. "I could have sworn that I've seen you somewhere, but no matter!" He started, a bit confusingly. Moira briefly glanced at the innkeeper, but he merely shrugged as if to say "told ya so". Rasmunson soon continued with; "I'm sure you two are here for my proposal! Quite fantastic! I can get straight to the point, then - the artifact in question happens to be this trinket here."

As Rasmunson pulled said trinket out, it took Moira a second to realize what it was - it was the medallion that was drawn in the diary! The monk's eyes lit up as the old man proudly showed it off. It was quite a good day, and she was glad she found it here instead of her intended destination - that would have been quite a setback. Moira hardly paid attention to their employer as he said "Clearly, it is a magical device from from an ancient civilization around here - why, it even resembles a compass! With extra directions nobody even thought of before! If you could help me find out about its origin, I would be most delighted, and will pay quite a bit!"

With that, the old man gave the medallion to Moira (as well as some gold to the innkeeper), saying "I will entrust it to you for now - in the meantime, I will be searching south to see what I can find out." Before Moira could give a proper thank you, Rasmunson disappeared almost as quickly as when he first burst into the inn.

"Well, he was, er, different." the monk said, not sure what to say given her elation at finding the medallion. "I think we're in quite a bit of, um, luck, in that I already have information, erm, regarding this. If things are as I, ah, believe, we might not need his reward."
+Quote Post

Ianaandru De Bushido
post Oct 2 2012, 11:49 PM
Post #8

FEPer
Group Icon

When the nobleman came in, Eydis could barely contain a laugh. She only thought that someone of such... 'refinement and class'... could exist in children's books! she couldn't help a 'pffft', upon seeing him, but she kept her composure after that. So this was Rasmunson, huh? Well, if he needed something done, it was best to listen and pay attention. Even if he was eccentric in everything he did.

The way he explained things were... interesting. this trinket meant nothing on the surface and he basically wanted them to go find out a dead language or whatever to discover how to use this compass. She didn't want to stiff the man, but she wasn't a scholar. In the moment she could, she replied quickly. "we'll do what we can sir." It was a generic 'yes, of course' statement, but it was best to build up confidence with your employer.

Turning to her new companion, she nodded in agreeance with her. "Very... he wasn't a born noble, that's for sure... but, if he has the coin, i suppose its alright." Her statement would fall through however, as Moira dropped the fact she already had the information. "Wait... could you explain? You already know about the compass...thing?" No doubt she would want to talk in private, so she hoisted up her stack of weapons, ready to move. "...After you if you wanted to speak in private about this."

(Sorry, computer was on the fritz. Yay graphics failure. ^^; )
+Quote Post

IrishBarbarian
post Oct 3 2012, 12:27 AM
Post #9

The Dictator of Guam
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

In her excitement, Moira would have probably just explained everything she knew to Eydis right then and there. Of course, she then realized that basically saying 'BIG PILE OF TREASURE' was unwise to say in a room with other people in it. Her response was fairly predictable, considering the circumstances; "Um, yes, privacy would probably be better for this. I can, er, assure you that's it's not quite a compass like he claimed."

She retrieved a key from the innkeeper, and then said to the pegasus rider; "Erm, I suppose we could talk about it in your room. Would you mind if I, um, carried some of those for you?"

((ooc: No worries, computer issues happen ^^; ))
+Quote Post

Ianaandru De Bushido
post Oct 3 2012, 02:14 AM
Post #10

FEPer
Group Icon

Well, if it wasn't obvious enough, she knew something sensitive... it spiked her curiosity. it was wise to suggest privacy... Also it was nice of her to offer to carry some of the weight of her weapons but... alright. "Um... sure. just be careful, they're a little blade heavy." She started to separate the javelins into two stacks of ten, and handed her a set of ten once she tied up with some spare bindings. "Ah, right, my rooms upstairs." Nodding, she led the way.

Pulling out her key when she got to the door, she put it to immediate use on the lock. With a simple click, the door was unlocked and opened to a simple one room bedroom. Besides a table and a cupboard, it was nothing fancy and was obviously aged. she was forced to be on the cheap side and whilst the furniture was nice, it still cost her a decent sum. She placed her spears on the table, and took a seat on the bed. She held out her hand toward the chair "Feel free to take a seat... and, whenever your ready, feel free."

(Cool. Also, hope you don't mind i went ahead with the room. ^^;
*Tried to make it accurate to traditional inns*)
+Quote Post

IrishBarbarian
post Oct 3 2012, 10:33 AM
Post #11

The Dictator of Guam
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

The monk nodded, and took one of the stacks of javelins. It was a reminder of why she preferred to use magic in combat - it took quite a bit of effort to lift and balance the stack on her shoulder. Having a sack with books in it wasn't helping too much in this endeavor, either. She almost fell over while on the stairs, too, which would have been especially embarrassing. Mercifully, Eydis' room wasn't too far down the hall, and she managed to put the stack she had on the table as well.

With a sigh of relief, Moira shut the door and took a seat in the chair offered to her. It would be a lengthy story, so it could take awhile. "Alright, so, er, this little medallion-thing that Rasmunson gave us - it's not magical like he, um, claimed, but it does happen to, uh, be a key of sorts." She took out the diary and opened it to the page with the drawing. "One of my ancestors, a, erm, Trenor from Arad'uun, wrote about a vast treasure she, um, found using this key."

Knowing she needed to elaborate, the monk went on to say; "So there was this town called, uh, Babur'ak about 200 years ago that my ancestor visited, where she, ah, stumbled across this medallion. There was, er, a house with a hidden passage that this thing opened. She and some of the people she recruited ended up, um, braving a series of tests through this passage, both physical and, erm, mental, apparently. They ended up defeating some sort of, uh, guardian and she managed to leave with as much, er, gold as she could carry. She stated in the diary that there was, ah, plenty left over."

She took a quick breath, as that was a mouthful for the monk to say. "Naturally, this isn't exactly the opportunity one would want to, um, pass up lightly. Of course, the problem is that I have yet to, erm, find this Babur'ak town. Given that quite some time has, uh, gone by, I doubt it's around anymore." She thought for a moment, and then she asked Eydis; "You, um, wouldn't happen to know of any ruins nearby, would you?"
+Quote Post

Ianaandru De Bushido
post Oct 3 2012, 04:35 PM
Post #12

FEPer
Group Icon

"You know, you didn't have to carry those... i could of..." She did take note of how Moira had trouble AND was carrying books on the way up... well, she wanted to, so she couldn't stop her really. "...never mind..."

She kept her ears sharp for her story, folding her hands in her lap. It only got more interesting as she went on and on. A diary, a key, trials and a boatload of money? Wow. So this is the key to Babur'ak... why does it sound familiar? Perhaps in one of my old books... besides the point, Moira is right. This isn't something you pass up lightly, even if its only a an old story from times past our own... Once she asked her question, she spoke up. "Um... yes, a few. i only really seem them from the sky, so i haven't really seen them in any real detail... theres about two to the east and one to the north..." she stopped for a minute, really picking details out in her mind... her eyes perked up when she remembered something. "Oh! there's also one to the west that i flew by recently. It was actually rather sunny for a change, so i got a good look at it... Sadly, it didn't look as run down as the other ones so that might not be the ruin your looking for, given Barbur'ak is over 200 years old."

"...Im sorry to side-track things for a minute, but do you happen to be a scholar? i noticed your carrying quite a few books." Getting that nagging question in the back of her mind out of the way, she was very much curious. books, unless one was to go to the Marcelli Empire, were not a cheap purchase... or at least as far as she knew.
+Quote Post

IrishBarbarian
post Oct 3 2012, 05:21 PM
Post #13

The Dictator of Guam
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

"Oh, um, well..." Moira replied, not sure what to say. Of course, she didn't really mind talking about the books she had. "I suppose I'm, er, a scholar of sorts, yes. Granted, most of the books that I own now are, uh, mainly for combat. Lots of Light spells and, erm, things of that sort. They've gotten me out of quite a few, um, rough spots." Figuring it wouldn't hurt to share, the monk also stated; "I'm actually from Progni in Marcellus, though I've, um, been travelling around Skylessia as a, er, mercenary of sorts for some time now."

Of course, the fact that they now had a few leads was quite a bit helpful - the fact Eydis was likely a pegasus rider made this apparent. She wasn't so sure about the two ruins to the east - after all, that's roughly the direction that she arrived from. She had more hope for the one to the west, and the one to the north seemed like a good candidate - the diary made it clear that Babur'ak was quite deep within the forest. After a moment's thought, Moira said; "We'll probably have, um, better luck investigating either the west or the north first. If you could, er, show the way to the closest one, then we could, ah, set out whenever we're ready."
+Quote Post

Ianaandru De Bushido
post Oct 3 2012, 06:15 PM
Post #14

FEPer
Group Icon

"Oh, your a holy woman? it is an honor." She bowed slightly to the newly declared monk... it was always impressive to see someone with the faith to handle the light magic. they typically were important to counter-acting demons and always did command respect. Hearing she was from Marcellus, it made perfect sense how she was able to afford her books. "Progni? i've heard wonderful things about the culture and arts from there... Im from Anleifr from the western part of Aracucia. its a small hamlet, but its comfortable." Nodding, she got back on topic after that small personalization with the monk.

"Well... the closer one i think is in the north. im not exactly sure where it is, but im pretty sure i could find it again. If your ready, we can head out immediately. I already did my 'maintenance' shopping, I have supplies and weapons to carry me though for awhile. Otherwise, i can wait by the northern exit for you." she stood up, patting the wrinkles out of her clothing... that always happened, and it was kind of annoying.
+Quote Post

IrishBarbarian
post Oct 3 2012, 10:34 PM
Post #15

The Dictator of Guam
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

A holy woman? Moira was a little embarrassed now. "Well, I, er, think calling me a holy woman is a bit, um, much." was about all she could say, blushing. While she did in fact use Light magic, it wasn't out of some deep connection with the divine or because she had the utmost faith in a deity. Having enough willpower to use it was typically what made Light magic work, in comparison to something like Dark magic, which costs quite a bit more of the user. Of course, faith was a kind of willpower, so it wasn't like her companion was wrong, and Moira was pretty big on killing demons. Besides, a compliment was a compliment, and she wasn't going to complain about that.

It seemed like they would be heading north, and Moira made sure that she had her things - the diary, her spellbooks and two vulneraries were all mentally checked off. That was about all she needed for this excursion, so that put the monk under the category of "ready". Naturally, as she stood up her response to Eydis was; "I, er, believe I have everything I'll need, so we can, um, head out for the ruins. I'll follow you."
+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th August 2018 - 11:52 PM

Affiliates