Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 97,850
Member No.: 10,068

Looks like I'm joining this after all.

Username: Leaf
Name: Karin
Team: Branded
History: Karin grew up alone, forced to fend for herself from a very young age. She witnessed countless atrocities while merely trying to get by, and developed keen survival skills as a result. An extremely proficient thief, she first met Lyssa during a pickpocketing attempt gone awry; she was caught when one of Lyssa's servants literally tripped and fell over her. Instead of turning Karin into the authorities, Lyssa took a liking to her, and the two became well acquainted. However, their friendship was a short one, as the little thief gained the ire of the town as its citizens slowly caught on to what was happening to their goods. Afraid of finally being caught for real, she skipped town when she turned 13 and joined a mercenary's guild shortly thereafter.

Her agility on the battlefield and complete utter lack of emotion while fighting gained her the respect of her comrades. Her complete awareness of the situation on the battlefield borderlined on unnatural, such that she would eventually be recognized both as one of the guild's top combatants and top tacticians. When the war broke out, Karin heeded her old friend's call and enlisted in The Branded. With her accumulated experience both on her own and with the guild, she quickly rose to the rank of Captain, gaining the title of youngest Captain in The Branded's forces.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

HerrJon
post May 8 2012, 12:50 AM
Post #32

Your Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
Group Icon

FEPoints: 825
Member No.: 26,117

Going to go ahead and join this then.

Character Profile: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text

Username: HerrJon
Name: Sabel
Team: Branded
History: From a young age, Sabel was taught the ways of The Silver Knights at the military academy in Iliad. Throughout his childhood he was a well mannered boy who loved his family and truly believe his country was the greatest country to ever exist. Before Sabel was to be official enlisted as a Silver Knight however, he had a chance to travel across the country, to learn more about his country and of the world as a whole. He was shocked a what he had learned. Countless stories of Silver Knights going from town to town unfairly taxing villagers a "protection" tax, injuring and pillaging anyone who would not give them what the want.

Sabel did not want to believe what he had heard. It couldn't be true, could it? He wanted to talk it over with his father Rovert, a long time Silver Knight veteran, as soon as he returned home. Unfortunately, while Sabel was traveling, the events of King Galahad's death and the power struggle between Proteus and Lyssa had already begun. Rovert had always known of the misdeeds of The Silver Knights under Galahad's rule, and knew that things would only worsen under young Proteus's rule. So he had decided to secretly aid the Branded uprising in the form of intel in hopes of creating a better future. Proteus had caught wind of this and decided to make an example of Rovert, in the form of a public execution.

Sabel had just ridden into Iliad on the day of the execution. He was too late. All he could do was stand in the crowd and watch as his father was brutally murdered in front of him. He did not even have a final chance to speak with him. This turned Sabel's confusion into rage. He must make The Silver Knights pay for what they have done, and continue his father's dream of a brighter future. That night, he packed up all that he had, grabbed his trusty lance, said his goodbyes to his mother, and rode out in the dead of night of to Aulis to join the Branded, vowing to never return to Iliad unless it was to conquer it in the name of the true heir.
+Quote Post

Meneil
post May 8 2012, 02:10 AM
Post #33

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 1,695
Member No.: 5,574

Alright guys, I started this too late tonight. I know I said I'd have everything up but I can't finish, sorry lol. I'm still working on the intro RP posts for Branded and TSK.

BUT on the good news, I've selected all the roles and sent out PMs. (If you did not receive a PM, it means you are a normal Captain, and do not have a special role!) Please remember to keep them a secret, and don't post here or elsewhere about being selected / not being selected xD Players still have the option to turn down roles now, and I will re-select another member to take on that role if it happens.

Edit: Also tired, sorry forgot to mention - wanted to say thank you to everyone who joined at the last minute. Branded was really outnumbered and I was seriously concerned on how it was going to work. Thankfully I don't need to use any of my back-up plans. So again, thank you everyone <3
+Quote Post

Meneil
post May 9 2012, 01:22 AM
Post #34

FEPer
Group Icon

Sorry for the double post guys.

Thought it might be necessary/useful for everyone to know that I have gotten the beginning threads up. For now TSK and Branded will be RPing in two different threads. There will be some times where interaction between the sides will happen, tbh I haven't decided how I'll handle that lol, I'll figure it out later.

Everyone who's gotten a role has confirmed it, so it should be pretty final.

If there's any questions feel free to ask. Otherwise don't worry about how the RP and FETO matches will intersect, I've got it covered. <3 Hope everyone has fun. =)

This is the thread for: Branded RP
This is the thread for: TSK
+Quote Post

Konata Izumi
post May 9 2012, 01:57 AM
Post #35

Otaku Extraordinaire
Group Icon

FEPoints: 1,315
Member No.: 6,438

Do you hav any tips on bein a sucessful RPer? THis is my first time.
Current Mood: Tired x_x
+Quote Post

Fredmir - HHH
post May 9 2012, 07:39 AM
Post #36

FETO's unofficial Lurker
Group Icon

Group: +Advisors
FEPoints: 2,192,714,027,990
Member No.: 5,457

Have fun? xD
Current Mood: --->
+Quote Post

SereneFlight
post May 9 2012, 08:10 AM
Post #37

Mr. good-for-nothing
Group Icon

FEPoints: 100,076,585
Member No.: 9,404

(IMG:http://i40.tinypic.com/20nkmu.png)

QUOTE(Tsumiki Miniwa @ May 9 2012, 09:57 AM) *
Do you hav any tips on bein a sucessful RPer? THis is my first time.

Spoiler: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text
Step One: Character
You must have at least a basic idea of your character and his/her background and history, and maybe even a bit of their personality. For me, I best flesh out the personality of my characters when I RP as them. I try and get into the head of my characters and imagine how they would think in a certain situation, or act/react to certain things. Merely role-playing as a character that models yourself is fun, but the thrill of getting to think as someone else is much better.

Step Two: Details
This seems to be an obvious concept, but some people don't completely grasp how details play into an RP post. The more you describe your actions and how they affect the surrounding atmosphere, the better. You may understand what your character is trying to do, but if you do not use enough details, the effect is lost on other players. Be as detailed as you can be without going overboard. Long posts are great when they are written well, but long and unspecific posts become tedious.

On the same note, grammar and syntax are very important. It helps the reader more clearly understand what you are trying to say in your post, and gives your posts a more professional look. If you have trouble with grammar/spelling, try sending your post to someone ahead of time for them to look over. Good grammar in a bad post is almost always better than bad grammar in a great post.

Step Three: Interaction
The point of a role-play is interacting with other players; if you simply only have conversation between your own characters, readers get bored and will simply skip your post. Try and seperate your characters' storylines and have them go different places so you are not tempted to have them speak to each other. Avoid as much as possible conversation between them, and use only when needed.

A good role-playing post involves action and dialogue: what your character is doing while they are speaking. For example:
John walked over to the cup of water and grabbed it in his left hand, bringing it to his mouth for a soothing drink. "Mmm, that's great water," he said, setting the cup down.
This is a good post. It helps the reader understand the context of what John says; simply posting "Mmm, that's great water" would confuse the reader.

As you may have noticed, many players use colors in their posts. This helps to distinguish when different characters are talking, and adds a little bit of your character's personality in color choice. For example, a young-hearted girl may have a vibrant pink speaking text, while a dark sadistic man may have gray text. While the color only has a minor role, it helps to add flavor and professionalism to your posts. You can find hex color codes by searching for them online.

Another thing that adds flavor to role-playing is thinking. Type out your character's thoughts as they would think them; it helps the reader to better understand the motivation behind what your character does. If you make a post where your character kills a random man in the street, it might not make much sense. But, if you write "That man looks like my father. I hate my father", it makes a little more sense to the reader (Given, my example is a little far-fetched. But you get the idea). Try and think of a very distinctive way to seperate your character's thoughts and spoken dialogue. Most people use italics when their character is thinking, and "quotations" when they are speaking aloud. Nothing is more confusing to a reader than when they cannot distinguish between thought and speech.

Step Four: Avoid God-Modding
The quickest and fastest way to make other players hate you or your character is by god-modding. God-modding is controlling another character without their permission. Avoid this at all costs. Players are very protective of their characters, and when you try and control them, they tend to lash out. Try and word your post in a way that avoids god-modding. For example:
Gene walked up behind Shermie, grabbing her around the waist and slicing her throat open with his knife.
This is an example of god-modding. You have not given the other player a chance to react to your attack. Rather, try wording it like this:
Gene walked up behind Shermie and grabbed her waist, making a motion with his knife to cut her throat.
Also remember that your character is not all-powerful. They cannot hear other characters' thoughts, they should not have supernatural powers, and they aren't impervious to attack. Try letting your character get hit once in a while, it makes them more believable.

Step Five: Have Fun
I know how clichى that sounds, but I mean it. If you have created a character that you do not enjoy role-playing as, ask a mod to make them inactive and create a new one. There is no easier way to lose motivation in an RP than to continue role-playing as a character you do not like. Be mindful of this when creating your character's personality; if you can't think like a liar and thief, don't create a brigand who lies and steals. Its simple logic, but it goes beyond some people.

There, that's basically it! It was a long post, but I assure you if you follow these basic things, your role-playing will begin to get better. There are plenty of other things about role-playing not covered in this post, but you will have to seek them yourself. Now get to role-playing!
Current Mood: If you see this, F*CKING SCROLL UP OR DOWN, NOW!!!
+Quote Post

Meneil
post May 9 2012, 02:13 PM
Post #38

FEPer
Group Icon

It's one of those things were the more you do it, the easier/more comfortable you become with it. I'm expecting all sorts of levels of RPers, from experienced to first timers, so don't worry too much. Also this RP is actually somewhat designed to be friendly and avoid a lot of common problems, mainly due to how it's structured, and that wins/losses are determined by FETO matches.

The biggest two 'pitfalls' for new RPers is godmodding. I see it's described in Pura's post, but the super fast version is, godmodding is controlling a character that's not yours. Players should only be responding for their own character, not any other player. Since I'm the "DM" my role is a little more expanded in that I'm not only Proteus and Lyssa, but I'm also the "world" (my beginning descriptions of Aulis and Iliad are an example of this).

The other pitfall is posts that don't have enough content for other players to respond to. A usually successful way to avoid this is to make sure your posts are at least 3 sentences long. Keeping actions and dialogue in mind, the 3-sentence rule is usually pretty easy to hit. My posts will probably be longer mainly because I'm also playing the "world."

Everything else kind of naturally comes over time; these are the only real 'killers' in RPs. The other stuff just helps make it more enjoyable.
+Quote Post

HerrJon
post May 17 2012, 09:52 AM
Post #39

Your Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
Group Icon

FEPoints: 825
Member No.: 26,117

So it looks like my opponent Soul got a reset or something and doesn't have any promo's. Should I just do a unpromo battle or wait for him to promote?
+Quote Post

Fredmir - HHH
post May 17 2012, 10:40 AM
Post #40

FETO's unofficial Lurker
Group Icon

Group: +Advisors
FEPoints: 2,192,714,027,990
Member No.: 5,457

you're supposed to do unpromo since you only have 3 days to start the battle.

both promo and unpromo is accepted in this.

Edit : here's my battle : http://feto.feplanet.net/battle/122642
Current Mood: --->
+Quote Post

T just T
post May 17 2012, 10:49 AM
Post #41

20th letter of the Alphabet
Group Icon

FEPoints: 340
Member No.: 11,722

Here is mine http://feto.feplanet.net/battle/122645
Current Mood: Unicorns are cool........
+Quote Post

Meneil
post May 17 2012, 01:27 PM
Post #42

FEPer
Group Icon

QUOTE(HerrJon @ May 17 2012, 09:52 AM) *
So it looks like my opponent Soul got a reset or something and doesn't have any promo's. Should I just do a unpromo battle or wait for him to promote?

Confirming what Fredmir already said, but yes, do unpromo. All battles are lvl 20 or lvl */20, and players can decide which they want to play on an individual basis.

Also thanks for the links, I'll make a new tab on the main page and add the battles.
+Quote Post

thateclipse
post May 18 2012, 04:11 AM
Post #43

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 1,560
Member No.: 33,701

I might be AWOL on Saturday. Should I wait until I return or start the battle anyway?
+Quote Post

Falaflame
post May 18 2012, 05:45 AM
Post #44

Flamey Master of Really Bad Puns!
Group Icon

Group: FETO Manager
FEPoints: 133,734,690,354
Member No.: 13,316

Skylessia Characters

Artea is a promoted Sniper... so unfortunately, I'm only open for **/20 battles.

Hope bladescape doesn't mind.
Current Mood: Relieved
+Quote Post

bladescape
post May 18 2012, 07:54 AM
Post #45

Desert Wanderer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 745
Member No.: 63,898

I don't mind. But my only Promos have B/D or just B ranks. So I'd appreciate it if A or S ranks weren't used. >.> And I've got to wait for my other match with my promos to end, which has lasted near a week now. :/
Current Mood: >.>
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2018 - 07:57 AM

Affiliates