Post #1

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
FEPoints: 960
Member No.: 8,409

Skylessia Characters
Radiance of Elibe Characters

A chill wind swept through the morning air, making one Haku von Auromir very grateful for the heavy traveling cloak in his possession as he dismounted his hired carriage.. Father had been right to recommend it... The stories of Daein's infamously harsh climate had clearly not been exaggerated. Still, the excitement of meeting a living legend was enough to spur the young swordsman onward despite the bitter cold.

Pausing briefly to allow his manservant Mannfred and the cadre of bodyguards led by Captain Stein to exit as well, Haku took the time to ascertain that this was indeed the correct address. Being burdened by his father's retainers was a necessary evil, he supposed, as the former Shadowknight's caution was not entirely unfounded. As the last living heir to the von Auromir family, he had an obligation to survive. Haku suspected it was no coincidence that the men his father had assigned to him had names of Daeinish origin, though Stein spoke with a Crimean accent. Indeed it was Haku von Auromir who stood out like a sore thumb in this country, with his white, obviously Crimean-styled uniform. He had found it prudent to move quickly through Daein, so as not to arouse hostility amongst the land's inhabitants.

Once everyone had successfully disembarked, Haku signalled to the coachman and motioned for his retinue to stay put. The business he was about to conduct would be a private one. He was going to meet General Haku Shinmori.

General Haku Shinmori... His namesake and a truly fearsome warrior, if tales were to be believed. His father had always held the General in the highest regard, speaking of his unmatched skill with a blade in hushed tones. According to his father, the General had exhibited unusual shrewdness and wisdom from a very young age; a prodigy of warfare in every sense of the word. Now, just as Everal von Auromir had once studied under him, his son Haku von Auromir sought to train with the ex-Rider to further refine his own technique. Everal's teachings were not of poor quality, but Haku felt the need to surpass his father in all respects, particularly considering what a whimpering wreck the Shadowknight had become. The General was the only one who could make that possible.

The walk to the General's doorstep seemed to take an eternity, but Haku did his best to quell his overwhelming curiosity and soldier on. When he reached the door he hesitated, lowering his cloak and straightening out his coat, trying to look every bit the cultured son of nobility. Then, at last, he raised his hand and rapped against the door.

Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

Shiaherazade
post Mar 6 2012, 01:43 PM
Post #2

These are the days, yes!
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 2,148,498,192
Member No.: 5,238

All Roselia Shinmori wanted was a moment's peace. She had spent all morning getting reprimanded for an unsteady healing hand at the convent. She couldn't very well admit, in front of her mother and the nuns, that she had sprained it climbing a tree with her brother yesterday, so she took the scoldings in silence. They would have been furious with her if they knew she was spending her free time doing such boyish things. She was a lady now, and had to act like one. No more wrestling, no more running around, no more climbing or cavorting with her brothers. They demanded of the sixteen-year-old a complete absolution of her childhood years. Head up, shoulders back, hands clasped in front, ready to curtsy at a moment's notice. Especially today, since the servants hadn't arrived yet, and that meant all the maid duties temporarily fell to Roselia.

She sat down on a plush red couch in the study and let out a sigh. Just a few minutes of rest, and she would go back to the convent before her mother came to track her down. Haleth, her one source of social refuge, was in the forest again. Poor Haleth. It seemed to her that Father didn't care if he went to his apprenticeship anymore, though she couldn't imagine why not. He never liked him wasting all that time in the forest walking around and talking to himself, shooting arrows into trees and bringing home wild animals. No. I won't spend my free moments worrying about Haleth again, he can handle himself today. She laid down on the couch, allowing herself the guilty pleasure of putting her feet up for all the empty room to see, where she imagined her father and mother aghast at her bad manners and she would ignore them and drift into the blissful sanctuary of sleep...

A pounding on the door rattled her from her fantasy. She leapt from the couch, smoothed her dress of any unsightly creases and padded toward the front door. She worked the entire time to suppress her anger at the guest for taking up her precious moments of downtime. It was probably another war friend of Father's, or a man hoping to do business with him. She could hear his voice in her head now: "Rosie, could you get the door? Nera isn't here yet."

Sure enough, the voice echoed through the hallway. "Rosie, could you get the door? Nera isn't here yet." Thank goodness he never discovered her in the study.

"Yes, father," she said, already feet from the door. I swear, if he has me answer one more door I'm going to-- She pulled it open by its brass knob and stopped dead in her tracks.

--die and go to heaven.... It was an incredibly good-looking man no older than she was, dressed in full--was that Crimean regalia? His green eyes bored into hers, dissolving whatever pent-up annoyance was welling up in her. Beautiful though he was, something about the hardness of his gaze reduced her to the meek Marquess's daughter again. She glanced over his shoulder to find an entourage of well-dressed military men behind him. The sprain in her wrist twinged, forcing her to realize that she was tightly gripping the doorknob with it and release it. What was a man dressed like a Crimean elite doing all the way out in Osttor? Was it another puffed-up soldier hoping to test his mettle against the great Haku Shinmori? Remembering her place, she straightened her posture and kept a calm and steady gaze at the guest.

"H-hello," she said, gingerly clasping her wrist. "To what do we owe the pleasure of your visit?"
Current Mood: It hasn't all been champagne and caviar
+Quote Post

Darth_Slaverus
post Mar 7 2012, 06:02 PM
Post #3

FEPer
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

When the door swung open in response to his summons, the last thing Haku von Auromir expected to see was a young girl around his own age standing before him, dressed in the finery of a high-class priestess. She was pretty enough, with an exceptionally pleasant combination of pink hair and blue eyes, though Haku was at a loss as to who she might be. A maid, perhaps? While admittedly no expert on Daein fashion, Haku von Auromir somehow doubted her fanciful attire was that of a mere domestic servant. Besides, he had thought that a manservant would be more fitting for a military man's retinue of attendants.

Suddenly realizing that an awkward, palpable silence had fallen over him while studying the mysterious girl, Haku flustered for a brief moment and quickly looked away to avoid distraction. He had come here for a purpose, and he refused to be deterred by his sickening bashfulness around the fairer sex!

"Err... I am searching for the residence of General Haku Shinmori, greatest of the Riders of Daein. I have urgent business with him. There is something he must know." Haku managed, furrowing his brow. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed the girl was clenching her wrist as if injured, causing him to tilt his head back toward her ever-so-slightly. Was this some type of Daein custom? Strange...

"Are you quite alright?"
+Quote Post

Shiaherazade
post Mar 15 2012, 11:12 PM
Post #4

These are the days, yes!
Group Icon

So he was an overzealous swordsman after all, seeking the unclaimed glory of defeating "greatest of Daein's Riders" in a fight. Roselia had every intention of telling him off with the same thing she told all the other men like him: "Turn around now, or you will waste your time and your reputation all at once." But they were all the same; pompous, foolhardy, rude. She didn't feel bad about being impolite to such arrogant buffoons. And this man... he was different. He was polite, if not somewhat curt, and expressed immediate concern over her wrist. The words just couldn't push past her throat. She couldn't decide if it was fear or sensitivity holding them back this time, but either way, it left her to stand there dumbly looking at him. Remembering the manners she was just about to throw away, Roselia glanced unaffectedly at her wrist.

"I'm fine, thank you," she said. "This... this is his residence. What business do you have with him? And... if you'd be so kind as to tell me your name..." Roselia found herself growing more and more curious about this Crimean soldier on her doorstep, and struggled to keep seeming reserved. She looked back at his company and shrunk back a little under their iron-hard military gazes. I guess if he wanted to challenge Father, he would have come alone... unless he demands an audience to his 'success.' They are all starting to do that now...
+Quote Post

Darth_Slaverus
post Mar 19 2012, 11:46 AM
Post #5

FEPer
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

Ah, so his directions weren't faulty after all... Haku closed his eyes in relief, grateful that he had not gotten himself lost in a foreign country. However, a new problem presented itself when the girl asked his name and the purpose behind his visit.
Blast. Pursing his lips in a mixture of frustration and concern, the young man pondered how best to solve this conundrum. Haku had originally intended for his godfather to be the first to know about his identity, but he supposed that such theatricism was too unrealistic an expectation. Besides, his relation to the General would undoubtedly be leaked to the servants in order to accomodate him, and would thus become the newest piece of gossip around the household. Haku supposed there was no harm in revealing himself here and now.

That is, unless his father's legacy of treason forever condemned him in the General's view... The old guard of Daein were said to be an unforgiving lot. Haku pushed that niggling fear away and took a chance. Should the worst come to pass, his status as nobility would *probably* protect him from any danger.

"... Milady, I have come to Daein for one reason, and that is to meet my godfather, General Haku Shinmori of the Four Riders, whom I share my name with. It is my wish to study swordplay under him." Still ignorant as to who the girl might be, Haku figured it would be prudent to adopt a courteous stance, despite the fact that her mere presence was making him nervous. He tried to stiffen himself and put on a brave face to mask his weakness as he replied, infuriated at himself for his fear.
+Quote Post

Shiaherazade
post Mar 29 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #6

These are the days, yes!
Group Icon

Roselia couldn't stop the gasp that leapt out of her throat. He was Father's godson? But he never told them he had a godson, and certainly not one from as far away as Crimea! Surely this boy was tragically insane to be so convinced of something that crazy. But his name was even Haku...and in that case, his parents must have known her father personally in order to have wanted to name their son after him. She couldn't help but feel a little betrayed by this, but wiped away the look of discomfort for Haku's sake.

"R-really? But that's...that's..." Roselia shook her head to get her thought process working again. "That's... I see. I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable..." She trailed off again and looked at him for a long time. Haku Shinmori's godson from Crimea. It made no sense to her, but she wasn't going to reject his demand to see her father. At least his introduction was original, even if it turned out to be a lie after all.

"Okay, come in." She opened the door wider for him and stood at its open edge, holding the knob with her good hand and, remembering her manners again, giving him a curtsy with the other. "Your party is welcome to come inside and wait in the drawing room if they wish."

And then they were alone, making the long journey down the hallway toward the former Rider's office. The hallway seemed to have stretched several feet in distance now that she was walking alongside a cryptic, handsome man. Her mind was racing, grasping at topics of conversation that slipped through its fingers. She finally settled on the most obvious one.

"Well...Sir Haku," she said, brushing her long pink bangs behind her ear, "if you're really Haku Shinmori's godson, then I guess that means we're related. I'm Roselia Shinmori, his daughter. Sorry I didn't introduce myself before, I... didn't know who I was talking to."
+Quote Post

Darth_Slaverus
post Apr 2 2012, 06:25 PM
Post #7

FEPer
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

Accepting the girl's gracious invitation, Haku signalled his servants to relocate themselves to the aforementioned drawing room and entered his godfather's home for the first time. Grateful for the merciful silence as he strolled alongside the enigmatic woman, he felt the tension leaving his body, replaced by a grand anticipation. He would finally meet his legendary godfather! Not many could claim to be so well-connected...

Suddenly, the girl spoke up, and what she had to say turned Haku's world upside-down, halting the young baron-to-be in his tracks.

... Daughter?!

Presposterous!!! It couldn't be! HE was supposed to be his godfather's treasured protege, a substitute to take the place of children! Father had... Father had lied! He had said that the General was not the sort of man to marry and have a family, thus he would be willing to take Haku in as his apprentice! Unbelievable... Thrown to the wolves by his own flesh and blood!

... No, he needed to calm down and think this through rationally. That was how men of House von Auromir acted, no matter what the situation. All at once, his imperious demeanour became one of docile reverence.

"Y-You're his...?! I see... You must forgive my earlier conduct, Lady Roselia. I was not aware that the General had any children to speak of. It is I who should apologize for this grave oversight. I pray I can redeem myself in your eyes, lest I cause this household undue trouble." Then, affixing Roselia with a beseeching stare, he asked the one-million gold question.

"I don't suppose you have any siblings, Lady Roselia?" If it was just a girl, than he might yet be able to assume the position of General Shinmori's "son" with minimal difficulty. This Roselia was clearly no warrior, so Haku could still appeal to his godfather's soldierly insticts.
+Quote Post

Shiaherazade
post Apr 6 2012, 11:11 PM
Post #8

These are the days, yes!
Group Icon

Now why would something like that matter to him, she wondered? His father must have laid the foundation of a very lofty dream in his son's mind, if he was not even told about Haku Shinmori's children, something surely everyone who knew Daein's former Rider knew about. Now that she thought about it, if Sir Haku is accepted by her father--and there was no knowing the chances of that, especially these days--then he would get his wish and probably have to stay at the villa for his training. That would mean meeting Haleth.

Oh... dear. What if they didn't get along? Suppose a rivalry erupts? Every negative scenario played out in her head in such thick detail that she wondered if it would be wise to tell him at all. But suppose he would be angry at her if she refused to tell him?

Mercifully, the door to her father's office delivered her from those searching eyes, nearly ready to pry to truth out of her if her own clumsy mouth didn't spill it first. She looked tentatively at it and turned back to Sir Haku with a blank smile, the sort her father always put on to make himself unreadable.

"Three." She quickly knocked on the door with the knuckle of her bad hand and winced a little. "Father, there's an important visitor here to see you, all the way from Crimea!"

Pleasant mumblings were heard on the other side of the door, and upon deciphering them Roselia nodded and opened the door.

"He will see you now," she said.

-------

A musty warmth hung in the air of Haku Shinmori's office. Documents sat in immaculate stacks on a desk far larger than was practical. An enormous map coated half of the desk, peppered with notes and iron figurines shaped like horses. A rich red military uniform and a sword hung on opposite walls, the former sporting badges from days of glory and triumph in battle. All the other wall-space was taken up by bookcases. A high stand next to the desk had a bowl of round, colorful candies perched precariously on top of it.

The former Rider was just as toned as the soldier he once was. A tan uniform overlaid with a stately black overcoat and black pants replaced the signature red of Rider Haku's attire, but thick bands of crimson fabric were sewn around the biceps, probably his own alteration to the Marquess's regalia. He hadn't shaved in a couple of days, evidenced by the grey stubble coming in along his jaw, and there were dark circles forming around his bottom lids. He still held the boyish charm of his Rider days in his unsettlingly-wide lavender eyes and grin as wide and proud as Daein itself, but the rest of his face stubbornly revealed his true age.

When the young man entered the room, Haku Shinmori had taken to staring quietly at him. He often did this to men so young demanding an audience with him, to gauge whether they truly had the conviction to challenge him. This boy didn't seem to be looking for a challenge, otherwise he would have blindly run with it from the instant he walked into the door. That, and he wouldn't have gotten past Rosie in the first place. There was something familiar about the boy's demeanor; something he hadn't seen in years. A stoic dignity befitting someone of true stature. Haku took to kneading the shred of worn leather in his hand and smiled expectantly at his guest.

"Now who might you be? You seem to have warranted getting past my most infallible security system. Is there something I can do for you?"
+Quote Post

Darth_Slaverus
post May 14 2012, 10:55 PM
Post #9

FEPer
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

Three? Haku felt faint. Numbers class may not have been his strongest suit, but he knew enough to understand the odds that all four of the Shinmori children were unwarlike specimens of the female persuasion were unfavourable at best. Even if by mere chance they were, the young Crimean wasn't sure how long he could stomach being around so many ladies of substance. Would it be better this way...?

Worse, Roselia wasn't offering any clues through verbal communication or body language. Father had mentioned that the former Rider had mastered the art of wearing nigh-indecipherable expressions, but to think he would pass on his technique to his children! These Daeins were formidable folk, educating their young in such things.

"But-" Before Haku could interrogate her further, she countered his incoming question by shooing him into General Shinmori's office. Somehow, he was expected to comport himself appropriately in front of his noble godfather without his current worries being resolved. Everything was going too fast for his tastes, and that irritated him. The primary target of his ire was not Roselia or Daein, but rather the crippling doubt that had threatened to paralyze him since embarking on this blasted journey. He was a von Auromir! Petty fear was beneath him! Directing his anger toward this loathsome uneasiness, Haku's mind crushed it in a single, decisive blow. There was absolutely nothing for him to be afraid or ashamed of. Besides, how could the General ever respect a snivelling cur? Standing tall and proud, Haku nodded to Roselia and strode inside the office.

The interior of Sir Shinmori's room was well-decorated, but Haku von Auromir's eyes were focused on one thing only: The man behind the desk. The man that could only be his godfather. He was not a barrel-chested giant as Haku had envisioned, nor was he a wizened old sage sporting a grand beard. Instead, he seemed to be a weary-looking man with bright eyes. In truth, Haku's lacklustre observations could be attributed to the fact that he had shifted his gaze to the floor as he prepared to beseech his godfather.

Dropping to one knee, Haku von Auromir drew his sword and delicately pointed the tip toward the floor in an almost worshipful fashion.

"You are General Haku Shinmori, the famed Rider of Daein? My name... My name is Haku von Auromir. My father, Baron Everal von Auromir of Crimea, once served at your side as the Shadowknight. He has named you my Godfather, and I have come to apologize for his misdeeds, as well as study swordplay at your side, if you would grant me such an honour. Will you receive me?"

+Quote Post

Shiaherazade
post May 15 2012, 12:18 AM
Post #10

These are the days, yes!
Group Icon

Haku Shinmori watched the boy in silence, his mind working hard to correlate his claims. A disturbed light settled into his bottomless gaze. This was Everal's son. He was named the godfather of this strong young lad? Thirty years of silence and all of a sudden he was hit with the inheritance of another son!

The Marquess ground the strip of leather furiously between his fingers, but kept a steady eye on his guest. No, not just a guest: his godson. His godson. Haku's hands drifted behind his back and for a while he considered the absurdity of this meeting. He hadn't forgotten what Everal had done to Daein. He thought it silly for a deserter to look upon his old superior with fondness after abandoning his loyalty like it never existed at all, especially after so many years. And there, his teenaged likeness kneeling on the carpet swearing the very same. Did Haku von Auromir know his own father well, he wondered? It all seemed so strange, so surreal, so ridiculous.

An old darkness had to be banished from the former Rider's mind. He grew aware of how long he let the silence drag on and began to laugh.

"Everal? My old friend! How long it's been... and you, my boy, look just like your father! That was another age, to be certain... why, I haven't seen old Everal in thirty years! Has it really been that long?" He gave Haku a good-natured nod. "You caught me completely off-guard, I'll give you that. That's a rare feat."

Haku circled around to the front of his desk and stood in front of the boy, staring down at him with his hands still clasped behind his back. "And you want to study under me, do you? You have a soldier's spirit, to have made your way all the way to Daein on your own to seek me out. Very well, my son, you may study under me...on one condition." He strode to the right wall where old Hyacinth hung from its cross-guard, held up by iron pegs. He lifted the sword from the wall and held to tip of it toward Haku.

"Fight me."
+Quote Post

Darth_Slaverus
post Jun 4 2012, 04:34 AM
Post #11

FEPer
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

Gritting his teeth, Haku von Auromir bristled, fixing his steely gaze upon his godfather's blade. An ultimatum had been issued. Had the worst truly come to pass? Were he and his family being mocked? The young noble was prepared to fight, and die if need be, to preserve the honour of House von Auromir, no matter how impossible the foe might be. Father had always lauded the General's superb swordsmanship, and if his words held even a grain of truth, Haku knew he would be dead in seconds. Still, he would never back down. There yet remained a glimmer of hope... The former Rider's demeanour was friendly, not hostile. Ah, his godfather must want to gauge his abilities! It was a test. Haku was just being paranoid, eerily too much like Father for his tastes.

But... As a precaution, Haku von Auromir resolved to go all-out, regardless of the purpose behind his godfather's request. If he was able to slay the former Rider, then he obviously wouldn't have been a very good teacher in the first place. Nor would he bother to bring shame on himself by asking for a change of venues. This office was as suitable a battleground as any.

Gripping his sword, Faust, in both hands, Haku sprang up with a shout and launched himself at his namesake, angling for a brutal overhead chop. His intended blow was devoid of any restraint; left unparried, it would seriously injure or kill most men.
+Quote Post

Shiaherazade
post Sep 7 2012, 10:03 PM
Post #12

These are the days, yes!
Group Icon

Haku Shinmori raised his longsword and effortlessly knocked his godson's strike aside, throwing off his center of balance. With a quick sweep of his leg against his opponent's, Haku sent the teenager stumbling. The boy made an impressively quick recovery, but Haku continued to sidestep and parry each blow without much strain.

"You're not bad, you know."

Roselia fidgeted uncomfortably at the door she had lead Haku von Auromir through. That accursed door... she couldn't hear most of what they were saying! It was almost as though he knew she would be trying to eavesdrop on their conversation. (Imagine that.)

The sound of clashing steel rang out beyond the door of Marquess Ostia's office and reached his daughter's prying ears. Roselia gasped and raced down the hallway in a cold sweat.

"Guards! Guards!" She could not believe she had so willingly led an assassin into her father's office! Had this been a normal contest of strength, surely they would have moved out to the courtyard. How had she missed the signs? He had not seemed like he had come with an ulterior motive, and he had claimed to be her father's godson. Was he lying the whole time? As much as her father could easily handle some Crimean teenager with a sword, regardless of his heritage, training, and motive, she felt so ashamed of herself for dropping her guard like she had and leading him straight through her own house! Father will never trust me again!

Two guards answered her call armed with swords and followed her back to the office of their lord. Roselia paused and listened at the door again. They were still fighting. She yanked the door open, and the guards were prepared to intercede. They were still fighting, yes, but Haku seemed to nearly be laughing at the whole battle.

"I like your power... it lends a lot more passion to your swordplay," said the former Rider, oblivious to his daughter's intrusion. To see him treat the attempt on his life so amicably left Roselia and the guards slightly baffled. His daughter recovered from it before the others did.

"Father, what's going on?" Haku never took his eyes away from his foe.

"Hi, Rosie," he said. "Just a little duel, that's all. You're welcome to watch if you like."

"I-in your office, sir?" a guard stammered.

"Why not?" Haku caught the path of the younger Haku's sword and steered it skilfully away from his table. "Careful, my boy, that's an heirloom. I'm fine, I assure you. Rosie, you can stay if you keep in the doorway. You too, my friends. There's not-" he blocked another diagonal swing, "-a lot of room in here as it is."

Roselia moved back into the threshold, quietly intrigued. The alleged godson was a lot better than most blowhards who came to challenge the Marquess, but she found herself starting to fear for his life.

+Quote Post

Darth_Slaverus
post Oct 31 2012, 04:26 PM
Post #13

FEPer
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

"Fear not, Roselia. Were I an assassin, I would have taken you hostage the instant I learned of your identity," Haku von Auromir commented, in response to Roselia's sudden accusation. Ordinarily, he would have exhibited more surprise at the abruptness of the intrusion, but his attention was held in thrall by his godfather's seemingly invincible stance. Attacking the General was an excercise in futility; not one of his blows had come remotely close to grazing the veteran warrior's grizzled hide. Every strike parried, every feint anticipated and intercepted... And all the while Lord Shinmori had danced around him, neglecting to perform the numerous killing blows he could readily have made, were this a real combat. It was... fascinating. All doubt fled from Haku's mind, replaced by a panging guilt for his insolent thoughts and disrespectful paranoia.

Lowering his blade, he once again knelt before his godfather, though his voice now assumed a sorrowful tone. "But that is enough for today, I suppose. I yield, Godfather. I have seen all I need to. I cannot best you." He paused, hanging his head in regret before continuing. "I confess that I did not believe in your abilities at first, General. My father spoke of a legend, but I questioned whether such a level of skill could be numbered among my father's acquaintances. Nor did I envision a foreign commander being so hospitable. I see now that I was wrong to be so skeptical, on both counts. It... It is truly an honour, to be named after one so formidable."

Glancing up at his new hero, his new idol, Haku von Auromir mastered his emotions and kept a straight face, humbled as he was. "Can you find it within your heart to forgive my foolish assumptions, Godfather?" It was perhaps a request best reserved for a private audience with General Shinmori, but Roselia was a member of the household, too. He owed her as much of an apology for his boorish idiocy.
+Quote Post

Shiaherazade
post Nov 16 2012, 12:51 AM
Post #14

These are the days, yes!
Group Icon

Haku's normally-unreadable expression was flooded for an instant with pure gratitude. He stood as ease, tapping Hyacinth's lightly-tarnished tip on the floor and smiling at that young swordsman, Everal's young swordsman. Something changed in his expression and he raised Hyacinth to Haku von Auromir's neck. Roselia's fingers tugged at her collar.

"Father!" she cried out. After a tense pause, Haku Shinmori tapped his godson's shoulder twice with the flat edge of his blade.

"Lesson number one," he announced. "Never surrender to your foe on a battlefield. It's better to die having put all your heart and strength into what you're fighting for than to live having abandoned it." Haku gave him an incredulous smirk. "Besides, you can't count on anyone being honorable enough to spare you anymore. It's quite amazing what rabble gets passed off as honest soldiers these days." Roselia resumed breathing.

"Y-you mean.. you'll teach him?"

Haku gave a sharp, resolute nod. "I will. Haku, you have more promise than any Daein hopeful I've ever seen. You were right to come here; and I would be proud to be the cultivator of the raw skill of a swordsman like you." He thought for a moment. "But be warned: when it comes to training, well... let's just say I tend to be a bit...what do they call me, Rosie?"

"Cruel."

"Oh? Hm. I've only ever heard 'tyrannical,' but that one actually makes me feel better about myself." Haku motioned for his apprentice to stand up. "Your training begins first thing tomorrow morning. I know you're rather new to Daein, so I'll give you the rest of today to orient yourself with both my estate and with Osttor, if you like. You and your company are more than welcome to stay in my home for the duration of your training. In fact, I insist! I do love having long-term visitors, and I'd very much like to get to know your company."

Still embarrassed from both of her earlier outbursts, Roselia tried to leave the room unnoticed, and was immediately called out on her exit.

"Rosie, would you mind showing Haku to his room? Any of the ones on the top floor would do." Roselia tried to recover a natural stance to dispel any suspicions that she had tried to sneak out just now. How well it worked out was debatable.

"Yes, father." Roselia gave her father's new protege a slightly sheepish smile. "Come with me, S-sir Haku."
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 12:09 AM

Affiliates