Sir Leaf
post Jun 5 2012, 04:06 PM
Post #31

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 97,850
Member No.: 10,068

Karin drudges through the hallway toward the war room. She had barely slept a wink the night prior, unable to stop thinking about the hefty casualties her troops had suffered during the last encounter. Until joining Lyssa's army, never before had she taken part in such large scale encounters, and controlling so many troops at once still felt overwhelming to her; she had previously only commanded relatively small task forces.

So, even though her forces had won, the victory was bittersweet. She thought to herself as she walked, "Those idiots... How could they die!? I didn't order them to get hit out there. Don't they know how to defend themselves? Don't they know this is war? Didn't they know they would die!? Idiots... Idiots... THEY'RE ALL IDIOTS!" She unconsciously said the last part out loud.

She knew their deaths were her fault. She knew that they gave their lives because of her own commands. But. She didn't want to admit it. She had fought too hard for too long to make mistakes like that. She wasn't the one that cost them their lives. It wasn't her fault. It couldn't be her fault. There was simply no way it could be her fault. She finishes walking to the war room while reassuring herself of that. Before entering the war room, she wipes the tears from her eyes that had begun to form and steps forward with as much pride as she could muster.

"Hello again. I'm sorry I'm late." She takes her seat.

After getting caught up on the current discussion, she gives her own thoughts. "Isn't it easy, then? We can make appeals to the people, promising them a fair rule. Thieves and mercenaries wouldn't need to exist if everyone was able to make an honest living. The most important thing is making them feel secure. If they feel safer under the Silver Knights' rule, they'll oppose us. But, if we show them a kind rule, and the ability to protect what is ours, then they'll have no choice but to accept Lyssa as the proper ruler of this land."

She continues, "However, with our current troops, this will be impossible. They are poorly trained and far too weak on their own to provide a consistent offense; we're weak in both numbers and the quality of recruits. Even though we won this time, it was not without sacrifices. How can you expect us to keep this up without better men?" She puts on a stern look and glances around the room. In reality, the soldiers had shaped up better than could be expected for their short training regimen, but Karin pushed the point, anyway. She wouldn't stand for their losses to be her fault. She knew it could only be the fault of the troops. That's why half of her force was killed. Not because she gave clumsy orders. "So?"
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

Meneil
post Jun 7 2012, 12:42 PM
Post #32

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 1,695
Member No.: 5,574

Lyssa sighed loudly as Captains Lycaon and Raijen rebuked her moment of gloating. The only person she found herself nodding with in agreement was Captain Sabel. Adviser Bearnard was so quiet that Lyssa didn't even notice his presence until halfway through Captain Karin's worries and suggestions. "Everyone needs to relax a bit, all this tension is a serious killjoy," Lyssa shrugged, finger idly trying to smooth a crevice in the wooden table.

"We can't possibly plan for everything, especially things that haven't happened yet," she continued. "And Captain Karin, I'd love to take more time to make our ranks stronger; however that would also give the Knights time to do the same." If it came down to it, the Knights could simply sit in the capital all day... it was the Branded who were forced to make an offensive. "There's just naught to do save pressing forward."

Taking out the same map, Lyssa placed it on the table. A few of the markers had been updated, showing the progress the Branded had made in the previous set of battles. Lyssa traced a line that was just a bit over their current position, and in the Knights' territory. "If we can take their next line of defenses, we'll literally hold the terrain advantage atop the mountains. We could safely hold our strategy meetings there, without fear of being immediately attacked. That would also give us the ability to act faster and to continue pressing our advantage." She hesitated for a moment, eyes flickering to her adviser, as if for support.

"Right now, there's not many residents in the territory we're fighting for. But there will be more and more as we continue closer to the capital. Assuming we get that far, we can gauge the people's sentiment. Who knows... perhaps some would be willing to help us." For a moment, her gaze turned to Captain Sabel. He had once been part of the Knights... perhaps he knew some way to make the others experience the same conversion. "But for now... let's continue on as we have."
+Quote Post

Clock Struck Producti...
post Jun 14 2012, 09:35 PM
Post #33

Sucks with schedules
Group Icon

FEPoints: 9,223,371,936,849,999,872
Member No.: 5,351

Skylessia Characters

"That is a very sound choice Lyssa, I see your taking things up rather quickly." Bearnard stated encouragingly, it was a good thing Lyssa was a fast learner, it's a very important quality in a ruler.

"I believe we have some other set backs, I've heard that Artea is being held up in his area something with the weather blocking off most of the routes so we might have to do some things to help account for the captain's absence." Bearnard added in, it could prove to be a bit of a problem.

"If he manages to make it here or not I'm sure we can handle the task at hand." It was best to try and end his comments on a somewhat high note, no reason bringing more doubt into the meeting.
Current Mood: Blind in one eye deaf in the other
+Quote Post

Fredmir - HHH
post Jun 18 2012, 06:54 PM
Post #34

FETO's unofficial Lurker
Group Icon

Group: +Advisors
FEPoints: 2,192,714,027,990
Member No.: 5,457

Nikolas raised his head and smiled when Lyssa told them they were killjoy, from what he heard and saw, they had won most of the battles.

- Leader is right, we killed more knights than they killed our mens, doesn't that mean we won? We should all be in good mood and get ready to slice through the knights again!

he stood up and looked at the map

- just send me anywhere on that line, I didn't kill enough Silver Knights on my last fight. I've lost some mens in this battle, but nothing that can't be replaced. I'm ready whenever you want.
Current Mood: --->
+Quote Post

Meneil
post Jun 21 2012, 01:59 AM
Post #35

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 1,695
Member No.: 5,574

"Hmm," Lyssa contemplated Bearnard's words. Artea had proven to be a reliable captain, despite Lyssa's previous doubts. It was indeed a setback that he would be tied up in battle. "Very well. We'll have to do the best we can with who we have here," she quickly scanned her fellow Captains. "Let us hope that the Silver Knight Captains are preoccupied with the war as well."

She leaned over the map once more. It was time for them to begin making decisions. "So this time we have Captains Raijen, Lycaon, Sabel, Nikolas, Adviser Bearnard, and myself... six of us total. That means we have about the same firepower as last time," she nodded. "I'll get some better troops than last time, and defend our position," she volunteered. "But we'll need three others to lead the strike team against the Knights' mountain fortress..."

((Same thing as before - here's what I posted previously for round 1:
In plain terms - this has to do with how we'll be setting up the FETO matches. Half of us will be fighting on TSK's maps/conditons, and the other half of us will be fighting on whatever conditions we decide. Aka the 'strike' team we decide can be three 1v1s, one 2v2 and one 1v1, or a 3v3. The 'response' team will be fighting on whatever TSK decides.))
+Quote Post

HerrJon
post Jun 21 2012, 03:55 PM
Post #36

Your Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
Group Icon

FEPoints: 825
Member No.: 26,117

Sabel considered his options after Lyssa spoke of battle plans. He didn't want to get too ahead of himself and stay behind to train his men as well as himself. He feared for his next encounter as the last battle was only against a junior captain. However he missed home and his mother and wanted to proactively fight for the capital. He was at least happy the battle would be in the mountains. He always loved mountain climbing with his father when he was young and found piece is the quiet, cold environment.

I would happily take the offensive. Try not to waver in tone to not sound afraid. My men excel in mountainous regions and would be a strong asset to the offense. I would be happy to team up with another captain as well, as long as it's not Nikolas. He tends to draw attention to himself and it may compromise our surprise advantage.
+Quote Post

Shadow_Zenith
post Jun 25 2012, 05:23 PM
Post #37

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 250
Member No.: 67,339

Raijen carefully weighed his options. He knew that his men were weaker than most of the other troops and that he would only hold his allies back. However, the glories of fighting on the front lines were tempting. Finally, he spoke up.

"Lady Lyssa, if it is acceptable, I would like to stay here and help our defenses."

Raijen knew that he had made the right decision. Eventually he would make it to the front lines, but for now, it would minimize casualties to wait. It would also give him more time to strengthen his troops. But, as he sat silently, anxiety began to gnaw at him. While his mind knew he had done the right thing, his heart wanted nothing more than for him to cut through the front lines of the enemy and take his revenge. Had he done the right thing? He knew that in the end only time would tell.
Current Mood: Enjoying the weather!
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 12:06 PM

Affiliates