kryptonite
post Jun 15 2011, 05:25 PM
Post #16

Desolate Soul
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 0
Member No.: 8,581

I'll add them to the list! (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/happy.gif)
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: Content
+Quote Post

Niisan
post Jun 15 2011, 11:58 PM
Post #17

Re-sublime Sensei
Group Icon

FEPoints: 4,504
Member No.: 3,665

QUOTE(Niisan @ Jun 29 2010, 04:49 PM) *
It's nice to see that a more active duelist is undertaking a new miniguide for a new-era type of FETO. If you have more time, try to, as Mint did, and myself beforehand, make this more complete. Why is a nihil tank such? Exactly what does SKL/LUK do? Why does such-and-such qualify as ___? Justifying your examples might be redundant, but for a rising newcomer, knowing the leeway really helps when they decide to make an archetype their own.

Also, you may/may not want to add the following archetype: Hell. Since, it is unquestionably the only Tier 0 metagame team atm, and will continue as such until something occurs; aka never. Reasons for exclusion involves trying to further degenerate the game.

Also, if you're going Mint-like style, then add some etiquette/"class" tips for newbies...including level and time limits.

It's tough doing this. In 2007 as a novice, it was all "heart of your team," anything goes, choose what you excel at, etc. Now that that novice is dead, it became "wrong; it was over before you ever began." And part of you wants to instill creativity, optimism and hope for a newcomer. Poison's cool, Shimmer's cool, shiny crits are cool, skill is cool. And part of you wants to speak the truth. Ignoring dead weight, blasting first/shooting second/questions after your "W," responding to their "lookitmePROZOMG3shieldwardgg" with your entire team...

Finding that balance is a challenge which you might want to warn newcomers. My encouragement and compliments for doing this.

And then,

Thanks, Niisan! (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/happy.gif)

I see-- this was supposed to be a supplement of the newbie guide, and a semi-quick way for newbies to pick and choose what kind of units they want and copy them but change class/stats a bit, so they aren't stuck with bad units making them lose the game before they begin. But I can explain a bit more when I find the time. XD

I hope people aren't building a whole team based on one archetype, but what's Hell? o.o

And then...

QUOTE(Nolan Kryptonite @ Jun 15 2011, 06:25 PM) *
I'll add them to the list! (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/happy.gif)

Should have added them a year ago...

Idols are hell. Mint just gave the metagame right there, and it's fitting to her character as a leading duelist.

But I can't allow "Hell" to become "Idols," can I? Since it was Cyan's Agony and Tsuki's Insomnia who invented hell...

Oh well. I guess we'll have to redefine Hell if "Idols" really becomes an archetype...

Hell (Agony)
(Read: Hard stat-advantage staffers built for highest-intensity grudge duels. Nihil, specialized tanks in defence and resistance, dumping speed. Hell implies another level of play using staves as a primary force, which Idols also do. Speed and all soft stats are disregarded as only sheer power defines this supercharged force. In a real grudge duel, skill (the stat...also skill as a whole) is useless; "Brute" is useless; "Curate" is useless when you know your esteemed opponent is as prepared, as intense, as skilled as yourself...)

Technically, an even more extreme Agony (Re-Sublimity? Who knows) would ditch even hp and overall defences in favour of specializing even further for a spam dancemaster intensity, evolving from fencing with swords into guns and now into sticks...

Hell characters:

Cleric -> Druid [Bulky]
Stats at level 20/20
HP [2/20%]: 60.00
POW [2/7.5%]: 30.00
SKL [0/0%]: 17.00
SPD [0/0%]: 18.00
DEF [0/12.5%]: 21.00
RES [0/0%]: 25.00
LCK [0/0%]: 16.00

Assailant -> Defender [Bulky]
Stats at level 20/20
HP [1/10%]: 60.00
POW [2/2.5%]: 30.00
SKL [0/0%]: 16.00
SPD [0/0%]: 17.00
DEF [2/20%]: 24.00
RES [1/7.5%]: 29.00
LCK [0/0%]: 11.00

Mystic -> Clairvoyant [Bulky]
Stats at level 20/20
HP [2/10%]: 60.00
POW [2/12.5%]: 30.00
SKL [0/0%]: 16.00
SPD [0/0%]: 19.00
DEF [2/17.5%]: 21.00
RES [00/0%]: 28.00
LCK [0/0%]: 13.00

Tentative items: Sleep, Silence, 1 Buffer, and pare down weaponry to bare essentials. Specialized slayers for jank tier twos (read: anything NOT Idolmaster or Agony) in the backpack.

Pros: Potential to defeat anything the duelist sets his or her mind to. No counters; power only limited to the wallet.
Cons: Limited to the wallet. Not as effective (money-wise) as other high-intensity archetypes (Idolmaster) when dealing with default units

...You see, Ice Fairies and Dark Miko belong to another topic and another metagame. Idols, with nicely balanced and creatively numbered stats, represent an archetype of overall advantage, beating the vast majority of teams with its higher intensity. Agony, focused and starkly contrasting regular teams, would face problems against random jank and have a tougher time beating them with sheer power, but is geared for dueling at the highest intensities.

...tldr. But before Imma let you finish, I really think that the archetypes should be somehow divided or at least disclaimered into D2D and grudge.

*smiles.* Good to be back at least for a while. How's life, Mint-sama, any other bigwigs alive? (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/magic.gif)
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

TBE
post Sep 15 2013, 01:05 AM
Post #18

The Kobe System
Group Icon

FEPoints: 27,814,619,000,000,000
Member No.: 4,715

Making units is more complex, should have an area explaining magic numbers to survive hits. And with this knowledge they can create units
Current Mood: Tebowing
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2018 - 06:10 AM

Affiliates