post Jul 3 2009, 04:27 PM
Post #1

Herpaderpa Blargargh
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
FEPoints: 5,920
Member No.: 148

Skylessia Characters

A little girl wearing a flowing, intricately decorated white dress with lace and ruffles and tiny white slippers wandered through the garden of a huge and lavish mansion. Her small hands cupped around her mouth, and with a tinny, high-pitched voice, she cried, "Miya! Miiiiiyaaaaaaaaa!" into the trees and shrubs around her. The wavy blonde hair flowing down her back framed her rounded, childish face, which wore an obvious expression of extreme sadness and guilt. Eventually, she plopped down on the grass and began to bawl her eyes out.

A strong man, her father, came out to the garden when he heard her cries. His face showed concern. He scooped her up and gently asked her what was wrong. The child, between sobs, told her father the grave news: their pet had run away from home. The father hated to see his precious little princess cry, so he carried her inside and swore upon his life that he would return the girl's pet cat to her as soon as possible.

~*~

As soon as Adelice entered the small village, she knew that she was no longer in Crimea. The people looked upon her with scorn and malice. She simply glared right back at them, causing the villagers to run away and give her a very wide berth. She didn't care; These people were things of scorn to her.

She passed a bulletin board next to the inn, and the word "REWARD" caught her eye. She stopped and turned to read the large number of posters that said exactly the same thing:

REWARD
The Richards Family is offering a sizable gold sum for the safe return of their pet cat.
She has long white fur with one blue eye and one green eye and wears a jeweled collar.
If found, please bring her to the Richards Mansion in the center of the village.

These posters practically covered the entire board, and upon further inspection, covered a large part of the town as well. Adelice wondered just how much money they were willing to pay for the return of this small pet cat, and whether it would be worth the trouble. She then continued to walk past the bulletin board and entered the inn.

Many of the patrons in the bar glared up at her, but they quickly went about her business when she shot them a look that could kill. She sat down on a barstool and stared at the wooden counter, brooding. Her trance was only broken when the bartender approached.

"Honey," she said with a strange accent, "Anything you order is on the house. Don't worry about these men in here. They're just a bunch of pigs." This statement brought a small smile to Adelice's face, and a few annoyed looks to others.

"Thank you... I'll just have some food and a glass of water."

"Coming right up, dear."

The bartender then walked away. Adelice continued sitting at the bar as other patrons came and went. After the initial shock of her appearance wore off, she was largely ignored by the patrons in the bar. She was perfectly fine with that. Her food arrived, and she quietly ate and drank to herself. It was probably the best food she had ever had.

(OoC: How about a little socialization? (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/cat.gif) )
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: Hurr durr herp derp
+Quote Post

Shuuda
post Jul 3 2009, 05:31 PM
Post #2

Unfiltered Pretentiousness
Group Icon

FEPoints: 37,097
Member No.: 509

Skylessia Characters

Beatrix did not know the land too well, so she could not tell whether this was Begnion or not. She had been travelling for a while around her home of Crimea and was now heading to do some work in the Empire. It had been a rough couple of days on the road, especially since she was low on food.

She had been sitting in an inn pub for sometime, knocking back a drink or two on a barstool. She began to feel light headed after the first two, though they were rather large mugs. It was not that she enjoyed alcohol, it was just for training. It was an odd desire to emulate a great skill she had long ago witnessed in archery.

"Uggh... can I... can I... erm..." She comforted her head.

"Another one?" asked the bartender. Beatrix nodded her head, trying to not speak to much. Her mug was taken back and returned shorted refilled. She guzzled it down without a moment to spare, not even savouring the taste, not that she liked it that much.

Everything around her was becoming less distracting with each drink. The once obnoxious yammer of burly men was quickly being drowned out. Only the finds near her were still noticeable to her once incredible sense, though this was all just well and fine to her.

However, she could hear someone sitting down another barstool somewhere nearby. She thought nothing of it at first, but a tiny glance to her left changed her mind, even if just a bit. It was a Laguz, with white hair and pointed ears. A moment of interest before turning back to intoxicating task at hand.

She put down her mug and signalled for another by waving her hand. Her unusual behaviour, or at least for her, was surely a sign of her drunkenness. However, she was disappointed to find that the same Laguz was currently being served. She remained in her seat, murmuring and running her finger around the rim of the mug. Her cheeks had turned a rosy red.
Current Mood: Indifferent
+Quote Post

Phyrro
post Jul 4 2009, 11:31 AM
Post #3

Smile, because you are beautiful.
Group Icon

FEPoints: 5,660
Member No.: 943

Skylessia Characters
Radiance of Elibe Characters

Toby grinned.

Widely. It was his fortune that he stood where he did. And it, yes, it, stood before him, seductively beckoning in that way that they always seemed to—motionless, betraying nothing, yet calling at the same time. He was stricken, powerless, before it. As it loomed, he ran his eyes over its features, moving from its pure white color to its sharp and clean features and what could only be called an impeccable sense of fashion as it overlaid the white with strings of black. They weaved and bobbed over and around the beautiful thing, this close, it seemed, to reaching out to touch him and pull him slowly in. In his stupor he somehow managed to keep his grin from looking foolish, but he had otherwise lost control of himself to his core. It was beautiful. It was perfect. It was meant to be.

Reward...

The poster was a beautiful thing indeed, he noted, as he moved his glance from it to the identical one next to it. They were everywhere. He knocked a knuckle against the one in front of him playfully before turning with great cheer to stare down the line they all formed.

This is good.

It was very good. If they, whoever this family was, were willing to place this many posters, they were not shy about the fact that they were desperate. So desperate, in fact, that if he managed to get his hands on this cat, the chances were high that he would be able to squeeze a greater amount of gold out of them than they had at first set out to pay. It was true, he told himself, that such a thing was terrible to even think about. On the other hand, however, he was proud of these people; they seemed to have learned the value of those things close to them. The value they attributed to the cat was clearly at the utmost level. He understood that.

As such, he felt they would understand that gold held an unparalleled value to him, though they would probably find his reason why ludicrous. No less than a single person would, in his mind. What he desired was beyond the realm of most normal young adults. That was a conflict best saved for another day, though.

Now, all he wanted was knowledge. To learn. Oh, how he loved it. And life was too short not to be doing what one loved.

Knowing this, he followed the line of posters down the walls and fences until he reached an inn & bar. While he regretted that this was true (for he hated the stench and taste of alcohol, and the general stupidity that accompanied its use), there were few better places to start a search regardless of the town. He needed only a single clue. The rest he would handle himself, he decided, as he slipped in.

The cat was priority number one now.
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

Swift_Assassin
post Jul 5 2009, 12:35 AM
Post #4

Executor of the S. A. Consortium...
Group Icon

FEPoints: 7,557,121,865,770,000,384
Member No.: 14

Daein...his homeland of which he cannot return under risk of execution. Begnion's the country he had chosen to exile himself to. He promised himself no regrets. Tyber Fen could not look back. Until the day of Tomislav's death, Tyber could not return, not even for his own children or aging mother.

As for the present, Tyber was passing through a Begnion town, his clothes tattered and stained with the blood of many. His only items, a stolen spear and his wife's magic tome. All else was left to burn, included all of his cash and food. Something, or rather, things, caught his eye. Many postings around the town with basically screaming reward. He grabbed one and read it.

'REWARD That's obvious enough,' he thought. ' The Richards Family is offering a sizable gold sum for the safe return of their pet cat. She has long white fur with one blue eye and one green eye and wears a jeweled collar. If found, please bring her to the Richards Mansion in the center of the village. A lost cat? Well...it's the work of mercenary scum...or people down on their luck looking for fast cash.' Tyber's head fell as he realized that he, a former Daein soldier, is left to helping some rich family look for their pet cat. He sighed and looked around.

Some woman passed by and took a good look at Tyber. He looked back at her with the most pathetic face. He wasn't even trying. She looked into her purse and gave him some money. "Take it, you need it more than I do." He stared at her as she left. She reminded him so much of Martha, it pained him so much.

He walked into the bar and headed to the counter. He saw all sorts of people, even a some sub...laguz. He sat down next to her, as he really didn't care anymore. "Whiskey and some bread, please. Make it, as much bread as one can get with this much," he said as he dropped all of what the Martha-lookalike gave him on the counter.

The bartender poured him a glass of whiskey and walked away to get Tyber's bread. Tyber just stared at the whiskey in the glass, as if it may just jump out at him and wake him up from this nightmare. He snapped out of it when several loafs of bread we plopped down in front of him. He took all but one loaf and put it into a bag he had. He took a bite out of the loaf and down his whiskey. He felt miserable. Looking back, this is far from how he thought his life would turn out.
Current Mood: Surviving!
+Quote Post

Flying Possums
post Jul 10 2009, 01:15 AM
Post #5

Un-freaking-believable
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 735
Member No.: 1,716

Alix felt rejuivinated from his stroll in the woods and steped through the town gate with a smile on his face. His smile immedatly vanashed when he realized that this town was differant than any he had been in before. For starters there seamed to be more security at the gate than was customary for a Crimean border town and along with that, there were too many temples and such for Alix's taste. The worst part was that there was not a Laguz in sight, which made this town seem way too much like Daein. With a groan Alix realized that his "stroll" had taken him into Begnion. With some effort Alix grinned again and headed towards a bar in hopes that people from Begnion would be willing (and bad) card players.

Twenty minutes later, there was no chance of making Alix smile as his money pouch was considerably lighter and his stomach was beginning to regret gambling his lunch away. He still had plenty of money set aside for returning home, but unfortunatly people from Begnion were very willing but also very good card players, and the priests could be downright vicious!

As Alix wandered around town dwelling on his all to light money pouch, he noticed the word reward in large letters plastered all over an entire billboard. Minorly interested Alix glanced over the posters and paused increduously when he realized that the reward was for the return of a pet cat. With the edge of his mouth almost twitching into an entertained grin, Alix began to turn and leave but the words sizable and gold kept his interest. Figuring that he had nothing else to do and would rather like to have some food today, or at least in the near future, Alix pocketed a poster and entered a nearby inn. After all, how hard could finding a cat be?

Alix did a double take at the door when he saw a Laguz at a barstool. Thinking maybe Begnion wasn't as bad as the stories his father used to tell him, Alix's mood began to lighten untill suddenly he was pushed by someone behind him who was apparently frustrated by Alix's pause in the doorway. Nearly falling over, Alix moved to an empty table and sat down muttering about Begnion pigs and trying to remember some more of the choice phrases his father used to use to describe people from Begnion.
Current Mood: Board
+Quote Post

Guymelefgirl1990
post Jul 13 2009, 01:09 AM
Post #6

Herpaderpa Blargargh
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

A few more people entered the bar. One man had silver hair like hers and a huge scar on his face. He seemed a bit decrepit, as if he had lost his job long ago. He also reeked of blood. He needed a bath, BAD! Adelice's ears twitched as she heard a girl who was there when she walked in mumbling about another glass. She reeked of alcohol. Of course, who else would you find inside of a bar?

The bartender returned with several loafs of bread and plopped them down in front of the silver-haired man. Adelice signaled for her, and ordered some more water. She left and returned with the drunk woman's beer and her glass of water, serving them to their respective customers. Then, she came back to Adelice and began to clean more glasses while chatting aimlessly.

"So, what brings you to a place like this?" she asked.

"I just wander around a lot. I don't really have any real direction." Adelice sighed, staring at her water glass as if she could see the future in it.

"Do you have any friends or family?" The bartender's voice softened to a gentle tone.

"I have many siblings but I don't know where they all are... My family is far away, in Hatari."

"I see..." Then, a pause.

"Well, do you need money?" the bartender asked.

"Yeah... I'm running a bit low." The money she had gotten so long ago in Daein had lasted a long time, but she knew it wouldn't last forever. She would need more soon.

"You've seen those posters outside, haven't you? Mr. Richards was quite frantic. It seems their pet cat is lost."

"Yeah, I know."

"You could find her and return her to them for a good sum. They're quite rich. They own... pretty much everything in this town." The bartender leaned a bit closer. "I bet they'd give you enough money to get you back to Hatari..."

Adelice's ears perked up. Going home? That would be splendid. Memories of the past flooded her mind, but she soon shook her head. She had something she needed to do first.

"Well... I... kind of have something to do before I go home." She drank the rest of her water and sighed.

"That's alright, honey. That Richards family has so much money I bet they don't know what to do with it. You'll probably be pretty rich if you get that reward."

Then the bartender left to tend to some of her other customers. Adelice sat in her seat, thinking. She might need some help. But where would it come from? She glanced at the silver-haired man next to her and the woman sitting a few seats over, and around at the rest of the bar. Who would be willing to help a Laguz in Begnion?
+Quote Post

Swift_Assassin
post Jul 18 2009, 02:47 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Tyber listened in on the conversation taking place next to him. The...laguz, who turned out to be from Hatari, was also interested in the posters. The Richards family looks like a good source of income. Tyber would be able to clean himself up, get a new lance, perhaps even some new clothes and a house. Perhaps enough to buy his way back into Daein.

No! Not after what they've done. If only I can get my family out of there. Maybe I can meet up with the resistance...no, I can't do that without assuring the safety of my children. That would justify there actions for killing Martha. Either way, I need some cash, and if it requires me to make some tough choices than so be it. I'll be a mercenary....named Tyber...Zann. I won't dare to associate my family name with a mercenary.

He turned his head slightly towards the laguz girl. "Name's Tyber Zann. I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. If you don't mind, I would be...honored to help you help the Richards family." The whole time, Tyber's eyes never looked Adelice in the face. Tyber couldn't bare it, but it had to be done.
+Quote Post

Phyrro
post Jul 19 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #8

Smile, because you are beautiful.
Group Icon

FEPoints: 5,660
Member No.: 943

Skylessia Characters

The inside of the place was unspectacular, but it was with suppressed excitement that young Tobias Leventhal knew that the extravagance he was looking for was utterly unrelated to a bar room. He refocused his attention on the people rather than their surroundings, gazing around in search of something that stood out, for it was he that worked to blend in. His dull and simple dress aside, his calm but not deliberate movements were designed to deter roaming eyes.

Moving silently through the room, he slowly sat down at the bar, a few seats from the wall. All that was necessary at the current moment was to look and listen for anything that might help him. He was excited, to say the least, at the possibility of a new venture. Being quite the scholar, he was expecting a learning experience in some way or another, and was thus optimistic about his chances.

As he waited, his fortune presented himself with the ideal scenario he had hoped for.

"That's alright, honey. That Richards family has so much money I bet they don't know what to do with it. You'll probably be pretty rich if you get that reward."

That was the bartender, finishing a long conversation with the girl near him.

"Name's Tyber Zann. I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. If you don't mind, I would be...honored to help you help the Richards family."

The second voice came from a man Tobias assumed to be a simple traveler. The particular connotation of simple that the thief imagined was debatable, considering the way the man was having trouble making eye contact. Was he daft in the head? Tobias could not tell, but he continued to observe. His hope was to hear more before having to move or speak; he wanted to remain in the know but out of everything else for as long as he could.
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

Shiaherazade
post Jul 20 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #9

These are the days, yes!
Group Icon

FEPoints: 2,148,498,192
Member No.: 5,238

Ah, Crimea. It was so lovely this time of year... the crispy, sunset leaves cluttering the ground, the smell of campfires and distant bakeries wafting through the air... Kezryn stretched out her wings, gazing about the landscape with a genial grin. Though it had been a solemn occasion that brought her to Crimea at this time, to pay her respects to her departed foster parents of old, Alphonse and Mauricia Talaga, she was entranced by the beauty which surrounded her. She could not remember the last time she had visited Crimea in the fall... and the hawk began to scold herself for having not done so in a long while.

She had promised Wynne she would not be gone too long this time, but... she couldn't help but want to linger for a while longer.

Nevertheless, Kezryn began her long journey back toward Phoenicis, and a small village came within sight a ways ahead of her. The growling sound echoing from her stomach served as a reminder that she had gone more than half the day without stopping at a pub for food. She hovered over to the front door of the bar, and pushed open the door.

What came next was something she did not expect.

Dozens of eyes turned to face her; wide, contemptuous eyes, gawking at her as if she were a monster. Kezryn slunk in through the doorway uncomfortably. The realization hit her that she was no longer in Crimea.. this had to be Begnion, judging by the overwhelming beorc majority and the hostility of their natures. The shock of Kezryn's arrival wore off within seconds, however, as alcohol proceeded to cloud their inhibitions and make the hawk into nothing but a blur amidst the crowd of faces. Kezryn contemplated leaving to find a friendlier place to eat, but the sight of a familiar face prompted her to stay.

"Adelice!" She maneuvered her way through the throng of drunken beorc, careful not to let her wings disturb any of them. Along the way, Kezryn spotted the word 'REWARD' on a poster, written in bold black letters. She couldn't help but smile at it. The last time she had seen one of those, was to answer Rion's plea to guard his caravan, and the time before that, it was to help Amarand on his little slave-freeing excursion. She contemplated giving it a serious look-over before leaving the bar, but that would have to wait. Right now, she was happy to see Adelice again after so long. Kezryn greeted her friend with a warm grasp of her shoulder.

"Long time no see! How have you been holding up, Adelice? I haven't seen you since that little adventure in northern Crimea a year back." Kezryn seemed relieved. "I'm so happy to find someone I know here... this place seems a little unfriendly."
Current Mood: It hasn't all been champagne and caviar
+Quote Post

Doctor Cat
post Jul 20 2009, 11:32 PM
Post #10

Don't Blink.
Group Icon

FEPoints: 4,050
Member No.: 6,181

You'd think the Queen's Ears would hear her Boyfriend come from a few miles away. Or him shouting out her name whenever there was someone who seemed to have seen her that day, or the day before.

He grinned as things became more definite. People were more fuzzy on details when things were commonplace, like Laguz wandering the streets freely, and without much real bias. Sure, a person here or there might be angry about something, but not as widespread as he experienced when he crossed the border.

He'd been on Kezryn's tail for weeks, and he hadn't been able to find her at all. Sure, he'd hear stories, but they only pointed South. Was he too late? Sure, after everything on Phoenicis, she might want to head back quickly, but he wanted to at least see her. It'd been a few months. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long for him. Even a few days was a bit hard to come by without missing her lately. ...Sigh.

He might have to get a Raven to fly him over and see her, but there wasn't any guaruntee he'd have any chance getting there in one piece. Or with a wallet.

...Then the stories became clearer and clearer. A blonde hawk, roaming around with a scarf and a necklace of sorts... and a few other features that people exaggerated or changed to meet their liking. Their predisposed opinion of Laguz and the sort. He'd never reveal his heritage here... he'd probably get killed for it.

Then he struck gold.

He ran into a woman who was selling foodstuffs; nothing special, but she did notice what looked like Kezryn only an hour before that. She also handed him a poster from some strange family. Finding a lost animal. It was like some of the work he did before he started to wander as he did. ...So, she was in this town or the next. Perfect! He almost had caught up to her.

"KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYNNN!" He shouted, to the dismay of several nearby people.

Of course, the inn was right across the street, and being the fool he was, didn't check it for her.
Current Mood: Wah.
+Quote Post

Shuuda
post Jul 21 2009, 05:31 PM
Post #11

Unfiltered Pretentiousness
Group Icon

FEPoints: 37,097
Member No.: 509

Skylessia Characters

Beatrix slammed down her final tankard. She decided that she had drank enough. It was time to go back outside and practice, or so she thought. It seemed that she might oh had one too many, she could not move from the stool in fear of falling. He stroked her forehead, brushing her fringe.

She could hear a nearby conversation. Two females talking about a reward. Beatrix had seen the posters all about outside. The prospect of more money did catch her interest, but for such a boring task as finding a pet. She tried to remember how much money she had on her; not so much if her intoxicated mind was to be trusted. What did she have to lose? Just her dignity in her state.

Beatrix forced herself up off the stool and began to stumble across the bar. It was not an odd thing to see in such a place, but she still felt rather silly. She could barely see straight, let alone find the door.
Current Mood: Indifferent
+Quote Post

Flying Possums
post Jul 22 2009, 01:04 AM
Post #12

Un-freaking-believable
Group Icon

Still brooding over his empty stomach Alix wondered if there was any way he could find that stupid cat before supper time. He doubted it considering that if this was an easy task there would be no need of the copious ammounts of reward posters. Too bad he wasn't with any of his friends in the army, they could have had a great time trapsing around the countryside looking for a cat. Not to mention the fact that he might not have gambled most of his money away if he had had other things to do. Oh well, no use wishing he was still in Crimea, but if this was the life of a roaming civilin, he would be back in the army as soon as he returned home from his leave.

Alix realized that while he had been thinking another laguz had entered the bar and was now talking to the laguz that had been sitting on a barstool when he had entered. Surprised to find two laguz in one place in Bengion of all places, Alix decided that this was something worth investigating. Pretending to be disgusted by a drunk person stumbling in the general direction of the door, Alix moved from his table over to a bar stool nearer to the two laguz so he would be able to listen in on their conversation.

Hoping to eventually ask the laguz for help finding the cat, Alix wondered what the best way to attract their attention and then steer the conversation to the reward poster. The laguz could be very helpful in that their keener senses would be able to locate a stray cat much sooner than Alix's or any other beorc. Hopefully they would agree to split the reward with him so he could get food sooner rather that later. He could even offer them a good split because all he really need was food, so long as the laguz didn't ming his Daien armor he should be fine.

As casually as he could, Alix took out the poster he had pocketed earlier, rustling it a little more than was strictly nessicary and placed it on the counter. Pretending to study the poster, Alix figured that would have to be good enough for now, or at least untill he had heard enough of the conversation to interupt and insert his oppinion on some matter or the other while drawing attention to the poster siting in frount of him.
+Quote Post

Guymelefgirl1990
post Jul 22 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #13

Herpaderpa Blargargh
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

The silver-haired man finally spoke up, and introduced himself as Tyber Zann. When Adelice turned to see his face, she noticed that he would not meet her gaze. She found this odd. Was he ashamed of something? Or maybe... he didn't like Laguz. Adelice's ears swiveled backwards at that thought, but she hoped that they could work together on this simple task. Despite these negative thoughts, she answered him. "Pleased to meet you, Tyber. My name is Adelice."

As soon as she had uttered those words, she felt a hand placed on her shoulder. She turned to see who it belonged to, and smelled a familiar scent. She smiled, recognizing it at the same time as she saw the speckled brown wings and braided blonde hair. "Kezryn!" she cried happily. She stood and gave the hawk a friendly hug. Kezryn was a kind soul and she was happy to see her again. "I know, I haven't seen you since we tried to raid that camp..." She suddenly remembered where she was, and dropped her voice a bit lower so the native bargoers wouldn't hear and possibly try to arrest her. "Yeah, these people aren't exactly friendly here, I've noticed. I'm glad that I was able to see you again, though. How have you been?"

But at that moment she heard someone approach behind her, as well as an odd rustling noise. She turned to see a man wearing armor, holding one of the posters from outside. She blinked, a bit startled, and then decided to talk to him. "Oh, are you looking for that pet cat too?" she asked him. "Would you like to join me? What about you, Kezryn?" She looked from the man to the hawk girl and back. "Tyber here has already offered to help."
+Quote Post

Flying Possums
post Jul 23 2009, 12:32 AM
Post #14

Un-freaking-believable
Group Icon

"Wow, that was easier than I thought it would be." thought Alix. Apparently looking for lost cats was not as uncommon a pastime as he had first thought. Alix returned the poster to his pocket and turned the bartender down when she asked him if he wanted anything. Turning to face the laguz that seamed to be called Adelice Alix said, in a rather surprised voice, "Oh, yes, actually I was planning on it." Regaining his composure (and his manners) Alix continued with "I am Alix, at your service."

Hoping to get a start sooner rather than later, Alix wondered if he should bring up the split of the rewad yet. Deciding that would be silly considering that they didn't even know how large the reward was, Alix instead stood up and leaned against the counter. He then looked at Tyber in an expectant way that made it clear that he was ready to go whenever everyone else was ready but could also politly wait as long as was needed.
+Quote Post

Swift_Assassin
post Jul 23 2009, 11:55 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Tyber looked on as the group grew. Adelice, as she addressed herself, was met by a fellow laguz known as Kezryn. At that point in time, a beorc halberdier, a...wolf, Tyber guessed, and a bird. He downed his whiskey and bought a bottle with what money was left. He put away the bottle in his bag and looked at an armored fellow nearby who apparently wanted in.

Alex* was his name in appeared. His presence alerted him. He recognized that armor. Could Daein be sending soldiers to hunt him down in Begnion? He put the thought aside as he stood up and moved from his bar stool and grabbed his spear. He looked into the spearhead and examined himself. His facial hair was growing back in. After the being mistaken for someone's elderly father by this woman from Begnion, he tried to maintain his appearence. He looked more his age without than with.

He turned to Adelice and Kezryn. "Forgive my appearence, ladies. My life was shattered only a couple of weeks ago and I can't even go back and ensure the safety of my loved ones." After addressing any concerns about him to the girls in the group, he addressed everyone. "I'll be outside waiting. You can't miss me."

He left the bar a defeated man. Usually a man who detests mercenaries now had to reduce himself to one in order to get his life back on track. And working with unknown laguz. Gebal and Sejack at least earned his respect. These two better not be just as he was taught.

Asterisk: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text
*=Tyber thinks the actual spelling is with an E not an I in Alix.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th August 2020 - 07:30 PM

Affiliates