Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) · IRC Chat

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Airship Eater Discussion, Alimond Roleplay (OPEN)
Sui-kun
post Feb 13 2011, 04:18 AM
Post #1

Be Cheerful
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
FEPoints: 4,895
Member No.: 48

The Introduction Post: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text
"Airship travel in Alimond has been relatively safe in the past decade or so. Merchants and commoners alike have been flying all over the Eastern continent with less and less to worry about with each passing technological milestone. Trade has flourished. There is greater cooperation among countries. The continent is more connected than ever before. Sure, there is a demon attack every so often. But considering Alimond's increasingly potent air force, any demon should be afraid of us more than we should be afraid of it... is what I would like to say."

The Major took a sip of his tea, his bushy mustache quivering as he did so, and he placed the silver mug down quietly.

Captain Dominique De Lune Prigioniera, in full, shock-pink uniform, sat rigidly in front of his desk as she received a briefing more cryptic than usual. Between her lips was a smoking colpathi cigarette of the premium variety.

"The truth is," the Major continued. "We've come across an anomaly in the current status quo. I'm not going to announce this to the public, as I don't want to cause unnecessary panic, but we've been losing airships."

Dominique rose a brow, as if she was surprised (though in truth she was not). The destruction of airships was not foreign to her.

"We don't know why this is. But we want to know why. We want to know, so we can stop this. But the ships take to the air... and never return. Thus, we never know what happens to the crew or the passengers. We've assumed that they've all died... until now. Captain Prigioniera, it's time we get down to the bottom of the problem. Will you please follow me?"

At this point, Dominique and the Major (also the President of Alimond's Department of Airships (ADA)) rose from their chairs. The Major strolled down the hall with the Captain following dutifully behind. He opened the door to a certain inconspicuous room at the end of the hall.

Within that room were three people: two doctors and a heavily bandaged man lying in a bed. The patient was in terrible shape. He was missing an arm, a leg, and a chunk of his abdomen. And what few limbs he had left seemed to be crippled beyond repair. Dominique could see, even as the victim was covered from head to toe in white, that he was horribly disfigured and would probably not live to see another sunrise.

The patient was moaning, groaning, and even screaming sporadically, as if in constant pain. The young airship captain could not tell whether this was due to his injuries, or some kind of mental instability. Perhaps both.

"This is Mundus Hespaccini," the Major continued with genuine pity in his voice. "He was a handsome, big-strapping lad. Eager to make adventure. Eager to make money. He joined the crew of the airship Cloud Chameleon on a routine trip to central Araducia. The Cloud Chameleon never even reached Araducia's port. It and its crew remained elusive for some time... until Mundus's barely-living mangled body was found in the middle of the veld in The Wilds... alongside a wreckage of the Cloud Chameleon. He was evidently the only survivor."

"I see," was all Dominique could say as she held the cigarette between her middle and ring finger. It was fairly obvious to her that she was going to be tasked to find out what had happened, and stop whatever had caused it.

"I suppose I'm to investigate this with my crew and stop 'whatever it is'?" she asked unperturbed, her hands folded behind her back in a disciplined fashion. "I suppose Mundus will give me a head start in that area?"

Her accent was thick.

"No, unfortunately. I don't believe he will. As you can see, he is in no condition to give us information regarding what happened. He seems to be mentally unstable."

Indeed, it was true. Upon a closer look, Dominique was able to conclude that poor Mundus was certifiably insane, spouting phrases that made no sense.

"And, no," the Major continued. "You will not stop it. I want you to take the Redland Windstar to the air, and simply investigate. Do not engage. Do not attempt to put you or your crew in danger. Return immediately if you see something so that we may know what it is we're dealing with. I don't want to lose another ship without a trace."

"I understand, Major," Dominique nodded as she took another puff. "But you seem to be underestimating me. The Redland Windstar is an extremely capable ship. It can take whatever it is we're dealing with. It is designed to deal with problems. It's why I like it so much."

"I'm glad you have confidence, Dominique. But don't be foolhardy. This mission is just a scouting run. Return at the first sign of danger."

"You think it's a demon?" she suggested. "Demons are not uncommon in the skies around Erimate's borders, after all."

"No telling. But if it is--"

"--If it is, Major, I will use my own judgment. You know how much I loathe demon scum. You can see it on my face."

She pointed to her eye patch. The Major winced, all too aware of her deep-seated hatred.

"I, Dominique De Lune Prigioniera, am not like the other captains. If the problem is a demon, I will bring back its head on a silver platter, and mount it on my wall. Don't go telling me to turn my back on demon-kind when I can just as easily scrape them off my heel on a sidewalk."

A bead of sweat crawled down the Major's face.

"...for once, I hope that's the case."

Their business finished, the Major and the Captain proceeded to leave the room. As the domineering Captain Prigioniera threw her colpathi cigarette to the floor and ground it into the rug with the tip of her boot, her ears caught the last (and most comprehensible) words from the bed-ridden survivor Mundus: "A monster... a monster unlike any other! We cannot stop it! WE CANNOT STOP IT!!"

This will be an airship-themed roleplay taking place in the Alimond area. It will be mostly battle-oriented. However, we will head into some unexplored frontiers. And when I mean 'unexplored', I mean it. There will be some [very strange] demons, and a lot of danger. There will be at least two battles, and the RP can be expected to last at least 4 pages. It will begin not on the ground, but in the air.

Basic Synopsis: There is a mysterious monster threatening Alimond's air force. Captain Prigioniera, her crew, a set of hired swords (PCs), and her airship Redland Windstar have been tasked with eliminating investigating it. Things will not go according to plan.

The number of slots will be dependent on the number of people signing up, and I will be choosey. :3 Not first come first serve (though I doubt slots will fill up considering the number of new RPs we have).

1. Dominique De Lune Prigioniera (Sui-kun)
2. Elphisia Svanhildur (Viceman B.)
3. Lyra Tawny (Shuuda )
4. (Space Flower)
5. Emilia Fletcher (Bogart)
6. Nixent Phoian (Firehawk11)

I will not enforce posting habits. But please post when you can. And remember that it is more efficient to make several small posts rather than one large one.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

Viceman B.
post Feb 13 2011, 04:46 AM
Post #2

V!vi
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
FEPoints: 4,295,392,294
Member No.: 241

Skylessia Characters
Radiance of Elibe Characters

If you do not have level restriction, could you please consider my first character, Elphisia? She is a level 20/4 bishop. I will fully understand if you don't take her in, though. ^^"
Current Mood: Blank
+Quote Post

Shuuda
post Feb 13 2011, 05:53 AM
Post #3

Unfiltered Pretentiousness
Group Icon

FEPoints: 37,097
Member No.: 509

Skylessia Characters

Similar to Viceman, if there are no level restrictions then I would like to sign up Lyra. She kind of big into demon slaying right now.

Either that or you can take Elin, who has a slot free. She's a lower level for now and enjoy swatting pests.
Current Mood: Indifferent
+Quote Post

Hystrix
post Feb 13 2011, 06:06 AM
Post #4

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: +Advisors
FEPoints: 27,887
Member No.: 69

Skylessia Characters

I'd like to put in my third character for consideration. A high-flying adventure with pretty faces to boot? Let's go!
+Quote Post

Atlas Grunted
post Feb 13 2011, 01:18 PM
Post #5

That I might touch that cheek.
Group Icon

FEPoints: 1,000,000,000,004,745
Member No.: 2,384

Skylessia Characters

If you don't mind, I'd like to put Emilia in for consideration! She's a merc, so I suppose she could be one of the hired swords, and she's an aerial unit, so, yeah!
Current Mood: Don't you know, little fool? You never can win.
+Quote Post

Sui-kun
post Feb 14 2011, 02:03 AM
Post #6

Be Cheerful
Group Icon

If you do not have level restriction, could you please consider my first character, Elphisia? She is a level 20/4 bishop. I will fully understand if you don't take her in, though. ^^"

@ Viceman: She is accepted. She appears to be capable of healing, no? This means we can get away with grievous injuries. *snigger* Healers are rare, Vice, so I hope she brings a Heal Staff with her.

Similar to Viceman, if there are no level restrictions then I would like to sign up Lyra. She kind of big into demon slaying right now.

Either that or you can take Elin, who has a slot free. She's a lower level for now and enjoy swatting pests.

@Shuuda: I prefer Lyra (for obvious reasons), but I'm leaving it up to you. :) You are accepted.

I'd like to put in my third character for consideration. A high-flying adventure with pretty faces to boot? Let's go!

@Hystrix: I welcome Symphony. Let's hope she makes some sweet music!

If you don't mind, I'd like to put Emilia in for consideration! She's a merc, so I suppose she could be one of the hired swords, and she's an aerial unit, so, yeah!

@Bogart: I want to let you know first that while this is an airship RP, the majority of it will not favor flying units. You will understand why once the RP is in full-swing. But maybe you can make something good out of it? Welcome aboard.

In other words, you are all accepted. The RP will begin in a timely manner. Maybe even tomorrow.

All girls, though? Really? XD
+Quote Post

Atlas Grunted
post Feb 14 2011, 02:16 AM
Post #7

That I might touch that cheek.
Group Icon

FEPoints: 1,000,000,000,004,745
Member No.: 2,384

Skylessia Characters

Symphony is really a man.

Excellent!

Also, I'm sure I'll work around that. Shouldn't be hard.
Current Mood: Don't you know, little fool? You never can win.
+Quote Post

Hystrix
post Feb 14 2011, 03:01 AM
Post #8

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: +Advisors
FEPoints: 27,887
Member No.: 69

Skylessia Characters

QUOTE(Sui-kun @ Feb 14 2011, 03:03 PM) *
@Hystrix: I welcome Symphony. Let's hope she makes some sweet music!

Oh, I hope so too.

Shaddap, Rich. :|
+Quote Post

Viceman B.
post Feb 14 2011, 09:08 AM
Post #9

V!vi
Group Icon

FEPoints: 4,295,392,294
Member No.: 241

Skylessia Characters

QUOTE(Sui-kun @ Feb 14 2011, 02:03 PM) *
@ Viceman: She is accepted. She appears to be capable of healing, no? This means we can get away with grievous injuries. *snigger* Healers are rare, Vice, so I hope she brings a Heal Staff with her.

Of course, mend staff will be there for you, Thank you! ^o^
Current Mood: Blank
+Quote Post

firehawk11
post Feb 14 2011, 12:46 PM
Post #10

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
FEPoints: 4,280
Member No.: 10,312

Skylessia Characters

Any chance that I can sign up a lvl 1 shman? If so Nixent could happy use a rp to level him upso. please
+Quote Post

Shuuda
post Feb 14 2011, 01:23 PM
Post #11

Unfiltered Pretentiousness
Group Icon

FEPoints: 37,097
Member No.: 509

Skylessia Characters

I think I'll go for Lyra in this.
Current Mood: Indifferent
+Quote Post

Sui-kun
post Feb 14 2011, 03:17 PM
Post #12

Be Cheerful
Group Icon

QUOTE(firehawk11 @ Feb 14 2011, 09:46 AM) *
Any chance that I can sign up a lvl 1 shman? If so Nixent could happy use a rp to level him upso. please

You're lucky your character is male.

Isn't he a lucky guy? :)

Firehawk is the last participant. Sign-ups are now closed.

+Quote Post

Sui-kun
post Feb 14 2011, 09:55 PM
Post #13

Be Cheerful
Group Icon

Hystrix has informed me that he's pulling out. This means we have an open spot.
+Quote Post

firehawk11
post Feb 15 2011, 08:32 AM
Post #14

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
FEPoints: 4,280
Member No.: 10,312

Skylessia Characters

the only male so far, to bad Nixent isn't one to use this opening for his own wants.
+Quote Post

Sui-kun
post Feb 17 2011, 12:34 PM
Post #15

Be Cheerful
Group Icon

Topic will be up later today.

EDIT: Topic is up.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th August 2019 - 07:56 AM

Affiliates