Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) · IRC Chat

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Opinion on Sleep, Silence, and Seal., POLL INSIDE. Make sure to vote.
Opinion on silence, seal, and sleep?
Hate em' or love em'?
Love em', they should stay the way they are, unchanged at all. [ 2 ] ** [13.33%]
Hate em', they need to be changed or removed completely. [ 13 ] ** [86.67%]
Total Votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 

kaishin no chikara
post May 16 2013, 11:58 PM
Post #1

My Name ^ Shit I Dribble ->
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 10,001,064
Member No.: 5,521

I suppose I outa get solid proof that statuses are broken before I show this to Fensti. Get everyone you can to vote in this.

Ahem. *clears throat* (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/srsfacts.gif)

I believe the status staves require no introduction to most, but I suppose many of the people who don't play much promoted or those that are simply lucky might not know about them.

The status staves are variable range staves that, like the name would imply, give a target a (negative) status effect. They are as follows:

Silence: Range 1-6; prevents a unit from using staves or magic.
Seal: Range 1-5; prevents a unit from moving at all.
Sleep: Range 1-4; prevents a unit from doing anything at all.

There's also Fear, which has a Range of 1-6 and reduces all stats by 5, but will not be mentioned because it's balanced by the fact that you need to have S-staves to use it (which prevents another S-rank and corresponding item) and neither restricts a units movement nor actions.

So, if the aside about Fear was any introduction into why status is bad, let me continue where it left off. Status staves restrict what a unit can do. I'll start with Silence.

Silence silences a unit. It can't talk. Magic incantations and prayers in Fire Emblem require one to speak. A bit of a stretch but it's not flat out breaking reality. So what makes this status stave so bad? Say someone has just tried to first strike you. First striking is simply the term used to describe the first turn in which you go fisticuffs and fistimagic with an opponent in a match.

Well, as is not uncommon with first strikes, your opponent has just missed a shot. *gasp* Because he didn't plan ahead (whether he had a spare unit or a contingency plan), you now have 5 (4 without the cleric) ready to smack him in the mother****ing face and he's RIGHT THERE. Not only that, but his units are damaged from attacking yours (usually 3 of them in this case). That's your cue to mop up, right?

Wrong.

Watch as instead of healing, he decides to silence one of your mages. Now you can't attack. What's that, you'll think you'll remedy?

Wrong.

He thought of that too, and instead decided to silence your cleric instead. But wait, there's more! So you think you'll still mop up? Sure, you've got damaged units, but it's nothing compared to the hurting you are about to put on him. So you do, but you have to leave out the cleric on his team because it's not a source of threat. I mean, it has silence, but if you attempt to take it out, you'll most likely fail because cleric's normally take 3 units to kill. So instead you decide to take out all of the damaged units. You do so and find that it's the best case scenario. You've killed 3 of his units and he's only gotten one of yours, a cleric silenced, and another unit partially damaged. You've got this in the bag.

Wrong.

Getting tired of that yet? It gets worse, because you've just made a big mistake bud. Next turn, he silences a mage with his stave, putting that unit out as well. He then turns another unit to mush with his standard hack and slash attacking units. You're now down 4 units. 2 are dead, 2 are silenced. But wait, maybe your units will unsilence over time?

Nope. You discover in shock that the next two turns your cleric will still be out of action. Three for your mage. You attempt to attack back, concentrating your efforts on the cleric, but find that two units aren't good enough. He takes out another of your units and maybe even silences another mage, as I'm sure he's been taking out your physical units. That leaves you with nothing. You make a vain attempt to escape as he chases you down and heals his dudes. You finally wear off of that silence, but discover, much to your dismay, that it wears off at the end of the turn, not at the beginning. So you it wears off, but your unit doesn't get to do anything. You watch in horror as he re-silences the unit and pummels it with his other two units, then proceeds to do the same with another of your units, running out of silence on the last unit, but still killing it with his other two fully-healed units. GG, son.

So yeah, Silence is pretty ridiculous. Seal is even worse. Instead, a unit is trapped for you to simply ignore and it works on more than just mages.

Sleep is the worst offender. Normally it takes 2 or 3 units to completely down a unit, but this stave does it with just 1 and from a longer distance. It prevents a unit from doing ANYTHING. Anything at all. Completely ridiculous. It lasts a full 3 turns as well, just like the other two staves. And by 3 turns, I mean 3 of your turns. Your opponent uses it on his turn, so he gets the rest of that turn and the next 3 full turns before he needs to worry about that unit. Then, like I mentioned in the wall about silence, it wears off at the END of your turn, denying you use of that unit and putting a big sign that says "SLEEP ME AGAIN LOL" on it's back.

Both silence and sleep can be substituted in the above paragraph. The only exception is that you have multiple healers in promoted, so it's less of an issue. OR IS IT? *gasp*

Sleepers travel in packs. Expect your opponent to also have multiple healers and to trade around to sleep several of your units in a turn, making them easy prey next turn.

Let's not forget the obligated number crunching. Remember staves from FE6? Units in FE6 could stave from 28 spaces away with perfect accuracy. You should be so glad they no longer have the range, but the accuracy remains. An excerpt from a suggestions topic not too long ago. Btw, sleep adds 10 to your stave accuracy, if you didn't know.

QUOTE(kaishin no chikara @ Sep 13 2012, 02:46 PM) *
7. Status staves. The current census is that they are ridiculous broken. Sleep incapacitates a unit for 3 turns and forces the opponent to sacrifice another unit's turn, something that is especially important on a counterattack, to remedy the original unit. Silence and Seal are also restrict a unit's movement to variable degrees.

The worst offender I've seen is that time when Axl (not to be confused with Axel) rushed Inan, killed nothing, and sleeped some of his units. Inan counterattacked by killing 2 units. Even with this sort of counterattack, Axl still won (by sleeping more units).

Lastly, take a unit with 25 DEF, 25 RES, and 16 LCK. A standard Berlin Wall Druid. This unit has one of the highest defenses against staves at a potent 116.
Now take a standard staver. 30 POW and 17 SKL. Again, a standard Berlin Wall Druid. It's base hit is 167. Now add the S-rank bonus and sleep's normal hit and it rises to 182. Add in some range and it drops to 174. That's still a 58% chance of hitting... on a unit specifically built to block this kind of attack. The only unit with a higher defense is a RES-tank unit (see: Valiants, other Druids). Against another staving unit like a valkyrie, the chance increases to around 90%, and that's at unfavorable range for the staving unit.

With a unit like my Mage Knight Lord and Dracolord, or perhaps an actual Dracolord, the percentage rises to nearly 100%. Bear in mind that that was with a Berlin Wall Druid. Swap that out for a 30/30/30 bishop and it rises even more. [censored cursing]

Seriously, amazing accuracy? Range that would make small children cry? These need to be gone from this game.

This topic is more than just informative. It's a petition. Get every FETO player you know to vote in this. Spread the word. With enough pestering, we can convince Fensti that these are not something that can simply be swept under the rug.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: SOMETHING THAT SPACE FLOWER WON'T BUG ME ABOUT
+Quote Post

kryptonite
post May 17 2013, 10:18 AM
Post #2

Desolate Soul
Group Icon

FEPoints: 0
Member No.: 8,581

30% to instawin the game is 30% to instawin the game.

Status staves also break the golden rule:
"More things not to suggest:
Anything that uses high gold cost to offset its power.
Ex-
-Sleep was 800 gold per charge, but at 15 range and 100% accuracy, you could buy your way to the win in tournaments.
-siege tomes were 500 gold per charge, but 10 range spam was exceptionally common in the later rounds of tournaments.

Anything that uses rarity to offset its power.
Ex-
-Old Onager, with its crit rate and rescuability making all 20/20 matches between experienced players a race to see who could get the first sniper onager crit, despite only being able to acquire them from major tournaments and auctions."
-Mint

http://forums.feplanet.net/index.php?s=&am...st&p=706868

But there is a future!

Hit rate determined by Staff Accuracy + Skill x2 -Res -Status Def:
Silence - Magic cannot be cast for 1 turn, but units can still heal. Hit: 15
Disarm - Physical weapons cannot be used for one turn, but units can still heal. Hit: 15
Seal - Units cannot move for 1 turn. Hit: 10
Slow - Units lose 2 Mov, Canto disabled. Hit: 10
Sleep - Units cannot act for one turn, but can be awoken by shoving Hit: 5
Debilitate - Lowers enemy Pow by Res/4 (round down) for one turn. Hit: 5

Also buffs reduced to 1 turn.
Might - Increases Pow by Res/4 (round down) for one turn.
Acuity - Increases Skl by Res/4 (round down) for one turn.
Swift - Increases Spd by Res/4 (round down) for one turn.
Shield - Increases Def by Res/4 (round down) for one turn.
Ward - Increases Res by Res/4 (round down) for one turn.
Fortune - Increases Luck by Res/4 (round down) for one turn.
Hawkeye - Increases Hit by Res/2 (round down) for one turn.
Rage - Increases Crit by Res/2 (round down) for one turn.
Dodge - Increases Avd by Res/2 (round down) for one turn.
Deft - Increases Crit Avd by Res/2 (round down) for one turn.
Current Mood: Content
+Quote Post

TBE
post May 17 2013, 12:38 PM
Post #3

The Kobe System
Group Icon

FEPoints: 27,814,619,000,000,000
Member No.: 4,715

Fala's votes should be discounted in this poll
Current Mood: Tebowing
+Quote Post

Fredmir - HHH
post May 17 2013, 02:12 PM
Post #4

FETO's unofficial Lurker
Group Icon

Group: +Advisors
FEPoints: 2,192,714,027,990
Member No.: 5,457

QUOTE(7 @ May 17 2013, 01:38 PM) *
Fala's votes should be discounted in this poll

Did he even vote, and if he did, did he vote for the thing you think de did?

Instead of attacking people like that, don't comment at all <.<
Current Mood: --->
+Quote Post

Falaflame
post May 17 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #5

Flamey Master of Really Bad Puns!
Group Icon

Group: FETO Manager
FEPoints: 133,734,690,354
Member No.: 13,316

Skylessia Characters

I didn't even vote yet Shad.

That being said, I'm voting for status staff nerfing. Although I don't mind them being removed, either.
Current Mood: Relieved
+Quote Post

KennethHok
post Feb 17 2014, 10:21 PM
Post #6

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
FEPoints: 1,100
Member No.: 89,778

Już dziś zadbaj o własny stan i zdecyduj się na efektywną metodę wybielania zębów. Zapewniamy, że nie musisz przyjmować się na specjalistyczne sposoby w gabinetach stomatologicznych, gdyż na naszym rynku można znaleźć wiele przedstawiających się ogromną skutecznością środków do oczyszczania zębów. Warto zaznaczyć, iż poprzez systematyczne branie tego typu środków istniejesz w kształcie wybielanie zębów preparaty nawet o kilka tonów. Poprzez odpowiednio dobrane składniki preparaty nie wywołują żadnych efektów ubocznych ani nie powodują reakcji alergicznych. Jednocześnie podkreślamy, iż białe i ładne zęby są w mieszkanie usprawnić nasze samopoczucie, jak też przyczynić się do poprawy naszej pewności siebie, co istnieje wielce ważne w życiu. Firmy farmaceutyczne dokładają największych starań, aby wprowadzać na targ wiele różnych preparatów do wybielania zębów, tak żeby każda zainteresowana osoba znalazła środek dla siebie. Ponadto formuła wspomnianych specyfików jest dokładnie udoskonalana, aby zapewniać najodpowiedniejsze wyniki i szybko i efektywnie wybielać zęby. Jesteśmy przekonani, iż systematyczne wybielanie zębów usunie wszelkie przebarwienia na zębach, jakie potrafią stanowić sutkiem kawy, papierosów oraz sporo nowych czynników. W kontaktu z tym, że na naszym rynku nieustannie przybywa coraz bardzo nowych środków do oczyszczania zębów na pewnie znajdziesz środek, który spełni twoje wszelkie oczekiwania oraz oczekiwania. Już dzisiaj popraw komfort naszego bycia oraz zdecyduj się na doskonałej jakości środek do wybielanie nakładkowe, jaki został już doceniony przez sporą część klientów. Zapewniamy, iż nie pożałujesz podjętej przez siebie decyzji. Jednocześnie podkreślamy, iż część ta nadal się kształtuje się, dzięki czemu możesz brać na coraz lepsze preparaty, jakie z wszą pewnością zaspokoją twoje pragnienia oraz wszystkie oczekiwania. Już teraz zapoznaj się z bogatą ofertą środków do oczyszczania zębów i wykonaj, aby twój uśmiech był świetny.
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

KennethHok
post Feb 17 2014, 10:24 PM
Post #7

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
FEPoints: 1,100
Member No.: 89,778

Już teraz zadbaj o własny projekt i zdecyduj się na efektywną metodę wybielania zębów. Zapewniamy, że nie musisz decydować się na skomplikowane środki w gabinetach stomatologicznych, ponieważ na własnym rynku można znaleźć wiele ukazujących się ogromną skutecznością preparatów do wybielania zębów. Warto zaznaczyć, iż poprzez systematyczne wykorzystywanie tego typu specyfików istniejesz w bycie wybielacz do zębów nawet o parę tonów. Poprzez dobrze dobrane składniki preparaty nie wywołują żadnych efektów ubocznych ani nie powodują reakcji alergicznych. Jednocześnie podkreślamy, iż jasne i wysokie zęby są w mieszkanie usprawnić nasze samopoczucie, jak też przydać się do poprawy naszej pewności siebie, co jest szalenie aktualne w działaniu. Firmy farmaceutyczne dokładają największych starań, aby przychodzić na targ wiele innych środków do wybielania zębów, tak żebym wszystka zainteresowana osoba znalazła środek dla siebie. Ponadto formuła wspomnianych specyfików jest często udoskonalana, aby zapewniać najodpowiedniejsze efekty i łatwo i efektywnie wybielać zęby. Jesteśmy pewni, iż systematyczne wybielanie zębów usunie wszelkie przebarwienia na zębach, jakie potrafią stanowić sutkiem kawy, papierosów i wielu różnych elementów. W stosunku z tym, że na lokalnym rynku nieustannie przybywa coraz bardzo nowych preparatów do wybielania zębów na że znajdziesz środek, który zaspokoi twoje wszelkie wymagania i czekania. Już dzisiaj popraw komfort naszego rośnięcia a zdecyduj się na wysokiej jakości środek do pasty wybielające, który został już doceniony przez całą siłę klientów. Zapewniamy, że nie pożałujesz podjętej przez siebie decyzji. Jednocześnie podkreślamy, iż dziedzina ta nieustannie się zwiększa się, dzięki czemu możesz stanowić na też lepsze preparaty, jakie z pełną pewnością zaspokoją twoje wymagania oraz całe oczekiwania. Już teraz zapoznaj się z drogą ofertą preparatów do wybielania zębów i myśli, by twój uśmiech stanowił dobry.
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2018 - 09:07 AM

Affiliates