Group: Veterans
FEPoints: 14,596
Member No.: 5,382

Skylessia Characters
Radiance of Elibe Characters

--------------
Introduction
--------------

This is something I've seen done on my other site, with mixed success. Basically, this is for my benefit more than anything, to keep me organized on what all needs done and what's being done about it. Any of you may post here (in fact, I recommend it if you have something to say), but try to stay on the current topic. It doesn't help to list and order everything if we're jumping all over the place anyway.

Opinions are welcome, opinions on what issues are more important are not. With any luck they'll all get covered sooner or later anyway.

It's my hope that mods and graders (more on that bit in a minute) will check this thread and work with me in it. Because fuck if I can get it all done by myself.

----------------------------

--------------
List Key
--------------

Current topics will be bolded.
Covered topics will be struck out, but may be bolded again if another issue comes up with them.
Future topics will be plain text.
Items listed in Italics are either being discussed in another topic, or issues I will deal with elsewhere, and are only listed to keep this record as complete as possible. They do not need to be discussed in this thread.

As more specific issues come up, I will add them and address them in order of how urgently they need to be resolved.

--------------
The Agenda
--------------
-Our current staff
-Rewriting the rules topics
-Current Events
-New world info topics:
--Nation summaries (expanding and updating)
--Magic
--Religion
--Others as they come up
-Third Tier
-Legendary Weapons

Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: This is not a mood
+Quote Post

Satori
post Mar 9 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #2

Frightening eyes
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

Since one of these should be pretty open and shut, I'm going to start this off as a double feature.

First up, staff changes. Basically, I'm the only full mod now, but the three of you all but do the same job anyway. Unless there are any objections, I'm thinking of just promoting the three of you. This won't actually change much, at least until I figure out how to work the mod chat blast, but you will actually be obligated to post in discussion topics in this board.

Second, rules topics. I've heard a few issues with how people perceive the rules that completely clash with how Text and I envisioned them, so this is obviously a thing that needs working on. The problem with them right now is that Text wrote them and I proofread them, and while I caught a few glaring issues I still had a good idea of what he was getting at, which wouldn't be the case with regular members. So what I'll need is for the three of you (and I'll probably get Foe and Lysander in on this too) to go through them and point out any glaring issues or things that should probably be changed.

(So in short, the extra proofreading we should have gotten half a year ago but didn't because Text thought Vel and I would suffice.)
+Quote Post

Shuuda
post Mar 10 2012, 05:59 AM
Post #3

Unfiltered Pretentiousness
Group Icon

FEPoints: 37,097
Member No.: 509

Skylessia Characters

I'm fine with changing us three to be mods. As for the second thing; are they any particular rules people are getting confused over, or is it just a general problem with the entire rules topic?
Current Mood: Indifferent
+Quote Post

Satori
post Mar 15 2012, 06:14 PM
Post #4

Frightening eyes
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

The big issue I've heard is that things were left unexplained or unstated that should be. A couple extra world info topics on magic and religion should take care of some of that, but not all, which is why I'm trying to find the holes that need filled in.

There's also the issue of people thinking that they can't do anything world-altering, when that was never the intention. Granted I'm not quite sure where the confusion's coming from since the general info topic outright states that you can do whatever you want within the bounds of what makes sense for the setting (I dunno, maybe that's being misinterpreted?). That topic's probably due for a look-over anyway.
+Quote Post

Gazetteer
post May 15 2012, 05:48 AM
Post #5

Three steps forward, two steps back.
Group Icon

FEPoints: 1,001,465
Member No.: 1,726

Skylessia Characters

QUOTE(Satori @ Mar 15 2012, 08:14 PM) *
The big issue I've heard is that things were left unexplained or unstated that should be. A couple extra world info topics on magic and religion should take care of some of that, but not all, which is why I'm trying to find the holes that need filled in.

There's also the issue of people thinking that they can't do anything world-altering, when that was never the intention. Granted I'm not quite sure where the confusion's coming from since the general info topic outright states that you can do whatever you want within the bounds of what makes sense for the setting (I dunno, maybe that's being misinterpreted?). That topic's probably due for a look-over anyway.

So, did the extra proofreading get done, or is that still something that needs addressing? I can see that we still don't have any new information topics.
Current Mood: Relieved
+Quote Post

Satori
post May 15 2012, 05:54 AM
Post #6

Frightening eyes
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

It still needs addressing. I've done some of it, mostly involving fixing errors in the weapon system from when we changed things from the original proposal, but other than that it hasn't seen much work.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2019 - 03:00 PM

Affiliates