Lady Ecaille Ingrid
post Jul 5 2008, 08:28 PM
Post #1

AMETHYST
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 455
Member No.: 3,921

Yeah, school has just been too restricting on my schedule, so I don't think I can continue playing for a really long time until my next opportunity for craploads of free time, and by then no longer will I be as good of a player as I was a couple of months ago.

What I'm really saying is, I'm going to impart some advice before I go on a FETO hiatus. It really has been fun while it lasted, people. So I'm going to just say a couple of things.

1) Save your gold, don't buy new weapons unless you really have to.
What does this mean? Keep losing, keep winning, whatever, just only spend your gold on batches of Master Seals. I've never had any trouble myself restocking weaponry since I always get some from villages or chests, if I lose, that's even better - more gold, less weapon usage. You can easily buy 2~4 Master Seals at once with this. So if you have a load of guys to promote, just do suicide battles! Are you a record whore? Exchange wins with a friend so you won't taint your record. Though you shouldn't even give a damn about your record in the first place.

2) Lots of units = lots of battles
If you're good at multi-tasking, having a lot of units means you can juggle a lot of battles at once. This is what Pahhur seems to do a lot, seeing as he probably has well over 100 units now. I think another person does this too but I forgot their username. Even if you lose, you'll still get more gold output and more treasure than if you kept winning single battles at once.

3) Optimize? Not really. Just allocate for what you want your unit to be.
I realized something. Optimizing is fun because you see a lot of big numbers. Who doesn't like big numbers? However, being too balanced can be a kick in the balls because you either: a - barely hit, b - barely damage, or c - die to quickly. So, you should optimize your stats depending on your unit's purpose. Stack defensive stats if you want a tank, etc. There WILL be a 20/20 meta-game rising in this place soon enough, given that there's quite a few 20/20 units now. So you should keep up with that. And don't forget that you can alter your states.

I have learned much out of playing...

But I think my time has come.

So... Uh... I might visit once in a while, but I won't really play seriously anymore.

Good luck guys, it really has been a great time.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

xdxd
post Jul 5 2008, 09:04 PM
Post #2

The ruler's heartbeats will now file through here!
Group Icon

FEPoints: 4,890,038,703,631,553,536
Member No.: 2,985

Its sad that your leaving
*Crosses Amoltamiss off the list*
Hehehe..Well Thanks for the tip, Newbies might use em and uhhh Cya
Current Mood: None ATM
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jul 6 2008, 12:36 AM
Post #3

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 6,839
Member No.: 214

Skylessia Characters

Though you shouldn't even give a damn about your record in the first place.

Nonsense! Everyone will eventually have a bunch of high level units, meaning the only thing that sets apart pros from noobs is the record. You can change the levels of your units, and you can get gold, but you can't erase loses.
+Quote Post

Lithe
post Jul 6 2008, 01:24 AM
Post #4

Not very good.
Group Icon

FEPoints: 9,223,372,036,860,000
Member No.: 4,571

QUOTE(Yzarc Drowsnam @ Jul 5 2008, 10:36 PM) *

Nonsense! Everyone will eventually have a bunch of high level units, meaning the only thing that sets apart pros from noobs is the record. You can change the levels of your units, and you can get gold, but you can't erase loses.

^That^, and you won't look like such a shitty player with only 40 wins to over 100 losses. >.>
+Quote Post

Lady Ecaille Ingrid
post Jul 6 2008, 01:27 AM
Post #5

AMETHYST
Group Icon

QUOTE(Yzarc Drowsnam @ Jul 6 2008, 12:36 AM) *

Fair enough, but really, I don't like when people think I'm a nublet because of my record even though I am not one as such.

Since you know, my record as Lithe says is 40 wins to 117 losses. ONE HUNDRED FUCKING SEVENTEEN LOSSES.
+Quote Post

Lithe
post Jul 6 2008, 01:31 AM
Post #6

Not very good.
Group Icon

FEPoints: 9,223,372,036,860,000
Member No.: 4,571

QUOTE(Amoltamiss @ Jul 5 2008, 11:27 PM) *

Fair enough, but really, I don't like when people think I'm a nublet because of my record even though I am not one as such.

Since you know, my record as Lithe says is 40 wins to 117 losses. ONE HUNDRED FUCKING SEVENTEEN LOSSES.

lol. Whoa there, I'm not implying that you suck. I'm just saying, being (IIRC) number two on the top losers list may make people look down apon you. I know I did when I first saw your record, but then I figured you probaly have a good reason for your losses.
+Quote Post

Tsuki akari
post Jul 6 2008, 01:50 AM
Post #7

The Cheeky Angel
Group Icon

FEPoints: 30
Member No.: 3,993

You all should know better than to judge a player by his/her win/loss record. Shame on you.
Current Mood: apoeijra;lsekjr;lekjr
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jul 6 2008, 02:43 AM
Post #8

FEPer
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

No judgment. I just prefer playing to win than playing for exp and gold, which is just as intangible as winning, except winning gives you an egoboost. Leveling doesn't do anything for you except make it so that your opponents are higher leveled now. There is no "getting ahead" in FETO. You may pass up one person, but that just puts that character on par with a different character. So really, there's no reason to rush through the game. Enjoy it while you're playing it (I play like one match every two or three days) and at least try to win.
+Quote Post

Lady Ecaille Ingrid
post Jul 6 2008, 07:55 AM
Post #9

AMETHYST
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lithe @ Jul 6 2008, 01:31 AM) *
QUOTE(Amoltamiss @ Jul 5 2008, 11:27 PM) *

lol. Whoa there, I'm not implying that you suck. I'm just saying, being (IIRC) number two on the top losers list may make people look down apon you. I know I did when I first saw your record, but then I figured you probaly have a good reason for your losses.

Actually it's because I let people get wins on me. I was being far too nice, and now that I'm actually trying to make an effort to get wins now I can't! Even if I dominate a certain person by number, or by level, the RNG will fuck me over and make me lose. I just cannot win no matter how hard I try.

My only claim to fame now is the fact I was the person with the very first 20/20 in the entire game >_>
+Quote Post

Zen
post Jul 6 2008, 12:12 PM
Post #10

Professor of Phail-ontology
Group Icon

FEPoints: 350
Member No.: 3,888

What the RNG giveth, it also taketh away. (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/tongue.gif)

I also couldn't give a crap about my win-loss record. I don't expect everyone to think like me, but personally, it's more fun for me when I don't take my win-loss too seriously - but then, I hardly take anything seriously, so lol.
+Quote Post

Niisan
post Jul 7 2008, 11:44 PM
Post #11

Re-sublime Sensei
Group Icon

FEPoints: 4,504
Member No.: 3,665

Back! No Chinglish entries! Sheesh, you'd think that Alteisen'd would pick SOME wifi off my cous' house, but nooo...

Trance, you leaving? Sighs, it's been fun. I can't say I agree with some of your points, but since you're a pro, I'll have to admit even the things I disagree with definitely have merit, and prolly have more logic than I can debate over. (Namely if you have to change your deck after every format change or metagame shift). Also, FETO has to be more than a record...I mean, sure, I could be a newb, but some ppl like ____ or ____ who reset every what, 9 times...or have stuff better to do...or let themselves be used in training...c'mon!

Also, one claim to fame is that Marme is Lamia's arguably truest counter, and most feared captain to face (well, that goes with the first 20/20)...just me being egotistical. ^^

Cya, and gl, (and can ya reveal that this is how Axel got his record? ^^) jk... *shot* alright, alright!

Take care.
+Quote Post

Mecha Bee
post Jul 8 2008, 07:14 AM
Post #12

I love pie
Group Icon

Group: Banned
FEPoints: 4,575
Member No.: 5,282

Well, the record only matters as long as you care about it, basically, it`s better to become known for your skill than for your record, no?

Current Mood: *BUZZBUZZBUZZ*
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jul 8 2008, 11:53 AM
Post #13

FEPer
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

I only have a bunch of relatively low level units, meaning I haven't played with any of the higher leveled people. Also, there are a lot of people that play FETO. If I see someone I haven't played, the best way to find out how good they are is to check the record. I mean, it's a competitive game by nature so that just makes sense.
+Quote Post

Mecha Bee
post Jul 8 2008, 04:08 PM
Post #14

I love pie
Group Icon

Group: Banned
FEPoints: 4,575
Member No.: 5,282

another way is to have a game against them.
Current Mood: *BUZZBUZZBUZZ*
+Quote Post

Niisan
post Jul 8 2008, 04:18 PM
Post #15

Re-sublime Sensei
Group Icon

FEPoints: 4,504
Member No.: 3,665

Honestly, I feel being underrated is much more preferable than being feared...now if only everyone would stop doing the ZOMG GET LES FATALES VALIANTES thingamajig...

I think that's the main reason why I have to reset so much...^^
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 03:06 PM

Affiliates