Post #31

Flamey Master of Really Bad Puns!
Group Icon

Group: FETO Manager
FEPoints: 133,734,690,354
Member No.: 13,316

Skylessia Characters

QUOTE(Crimea River @ Jul 4 2013, 12:07 AM) *
Indeed; I'm not sure if fensti knows how to fix this or not. I don't know how to work FETO, let alone code like this. Sorry about not being of much help in these regards!

Unfortunately, fensti has stated before that he can't fix this issue. The only thing we can do now is find someone who's very experienced in coding, specifically java and PHP. Possibly more, because I don't know what else SaS threw into FETO.

Our track record in attracting very experienced coders speak for itself. We just can't find anyone at all.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: Relieved
+Quote Post

Terraform
post Jul 4 2013, 12:21 PM
Post #32

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: +Advisors
FEPoints: 310
Member No.: 8,703

QUOTE(Falaflame @ Jul 4 2013, 05:46 AM) *
QUOTE(Crimea River @ Jul 4 2013, 12:07 AM) *
Indeed; I'm not sure if fensti knows how to fix this or not. I don't know how to work FETO, let alone code like this. Sorry about not being of much help in these regards!

Unfortunately, fensti has stated before that he can't fix this issue. The only thing we can do now is find someone who's very experienced in coding, specifically java and PHP. Possibly more, because I don't know what else SaS threw into FETO.

Our track record in attracting very experienced coders speak for itself. We just can't find anyone at all.

Well, I can help if you'll let me. I've taken a few courses in coding and have already written several fire emblem related equations and graphics. I can't guarantee that I can fix it, but I can at least take a look. And if that doesn't work out, I know a few people from a tech school that may be willing to help. Anything to get this site back up and running.
Current Mood: Obsessed
+Quote Post

kryptonite
post Jul 4 2013, 01:19 PM
Post #33

Desolate Soul
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 0
Member No.: 8,581

Haru
Current Mood: Content
+Quote Post

Falaflame
post Jul 5 2013, 12:42 AM
Post #34

Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

QUOTE(Nolan Kryptonite @ Jul 4 2013, 02:19 PM) *
Haru

Haru is SaS-experienced in coding?

I knew she was a number cruncher, but I didnt know she was that experienced in coding.
+Quote Post

kaishin no chikara
post Jul 6 2013, 03:22 AM
Post #35

My Name ^ Shit I Dribble ->
Group Icon

FEPoints: 10,001,064
Member No.: 5,521

Debugging this shouldn't be too terribly difficult. I could do it. I do, however, wonder why this is happening now and didn't happen earlier. I wonder if something updated and was no longer compatible with a previous feature. Seems like a lot of things are having that problem.
Current Mood: SOMETHING THAT SPACE FLOWER WON'T BUG ME ABOUT
+Quote Post

Luziel
post Jul 6 2013, 09:50 AM
Post #36

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 80
Member No.: 88,009

QUOTE(kaishin no chikara @ Jul 6 2013, 03:22 AM) *
Debugging this shouldn't be too terribly difficult. I could do it. I do, however, wonder why this is happening now and didn't happen earlier. I wonder if something updated and was no longer compatible with a previous feature. Seems like a lot of things are having that problem.

These problems began when we moved servers.

It's probably something related to the code attempting to use info from the old database. Shouldn't be that hard to fix, actually.
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

Terraform
post Jul 6 2013, 04:34 PM
Post #37

FEPer
Group Icon

Now that we have some attention to the problem, we have several people stepping up to help. Now all it takes is some action from the admins before the problem can get fixed (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/grin.gif)
+Quote Post

Terraform
post Jul 12 2013, 11:30 PM
Post #38

FEPer
Group Icon

Hmm, I was under the impression that something was about to get done. That aside, I have not received a reply from fensti, which doesn't bode well for this game.
+Quote Post

Falaflame
post Jul 14 2013, 01:04 AM
Post #39

Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

That isn't good.

Has Fensti made a status that he was going to be busy?
+Quote Post

LeaderR Elliot
post Jul 15 2013, 10:53 PM
Post #40

Leader of Raid
Group Icon

FEPoints: 2,888,028
Member No.: 65,734

He is gone absent without leave although I saw a glimpse of him in skype less than a week ago.
+Quote Post

kryptonite
post Jul 17 2013, 09:35 PM
Post #41

Desolate Soul
Group Icon

FEPoints: 0
Member No.: 8,581

I'm pretty sure the problem is in this file:
http://feto.feplanet.net/ajax.php

Could you upload that file somewhere where I could download it? Viewing the source code through a browser doesn't work since it just gives me the code after it runs through my browser... if that makes sense.
Current Mood: Content
+Quote Post

fensti
post Jul 19 2013, 07:25 AM
Post #42

AAAAAAAA
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
FEPoints: 2,000,000,000,000,000,768
Member No.: 331

QUOTE(Luziel @ Jul 6 2013, 10:50 AM) *

It's probably something related to the code attempting to use info from the old database. Shouldn't be that hard to fix, actually.

The thing is, the database was transferred as well so it is still the same database.

And I meant to post a thread about disappearing but it happened rather suddenly, I've posted one now saying I should be back next week.

@LeaderR Elliot: Please do not bump this topic, there is absolutely no need for bumping in a forum that only has a few active threads.

+Quote Post

LeaderR Elliot
post Jul 19 2013, 01:49 PM
Post #43

Leader of Raid
Group Icon

FEPoints: 2,888,028
Member No.: 65,734

You might feel there is not need but truth is that having this problem from 3 and half months makes me feel desesperate.

I really want it to get fixed
+Quote Post

Terraform
post Jul 21 2013, 01:01 AM
Post #44

FEPer
Group Icon

This forum has been at the top of the board for the past month, so I agree with Elliot about the problem really needing to get fixed. Also, I would like to thank fensti for taking notice of this forum, and taking the time to reply to my messages.
+Quote Post

Luziel
post Jul 21 2013, 08:30 PM
Post #45

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 80
Member No.: 88,009

QUOTE(fensti @ Jul 19 2013, 07:25 AM) *
QUOTE(Luziel @ Jul 6 2013, 10:50 AM) *

The thing is, the database was transferred as well so it is still the same database.

And I meant to post a thread about disappearing but it happened rather suddenly, I've posted one now saying I should be back next week.

@LeaderR Elliot: Please do not bump this topic, there is absolutely no need for bumping in a forum that only has a few active threads.

Maybe the code works directly with IP's or something. The database was hosted in the old host, so the game needed an address_ the old host's address_ to reach it. What I mean is that maybe this very address needs to be changed for the game to be able get to and modify the tables of the database in this new location.

Of course, the game could access the database directly, but the chance of this being the case is the same of the code using IP addressing(also IP's are slightly better, since it's PHP and since it enables remote control).

If my theory is right, I pray to God that SaS made some static string or something. Well, acually it shouldn't be that hard. A good ol' ctrl+R should fix it quite quickly.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2018 - 01:56 AM

Affiliates