post Oct 2 2013, 08:08 PM
Post #1

If I can't have all of you, then I want NOTHING
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
FEPoints: 12,342
Member No.: 1,749

Skylessia Characters

Noah Garod, on an aimless journey, decides to stop at the remains of his old village, to pay his respects. Little does he know, however, that it's become something of a refuge for raiders and other unsavory sorts. He has, however, heard of the unrest around the border and set out the call for those willing to accompany him to investigate.

...Yeeeaahhh. I kind of don't have much to say about this one, other than that since we're just starting out I figured a regular ol' "go to objective, fight angry outlaws" might do. Anyhow, small (4-5 people) beat-em-up rp in Plegia since there doesn't seem to be one of those yet.

Slot 1: Noah Garod, Me
Slot 2: Ariel, Blonde Panther
Slot 3: Emilia Grimaldi, Squishy
Slot 4: Emmy T. Slought. Maybe you could fill it?
Slot 5: REVENGE OF THE EMPTY PARTY SLOT!

Knight of G: Question: Ylisse or Plegia?

BP: Considering Noah is a Plegian character and travelling out of Plegia is hard, I'm gonna guess Plegian.
Could you use a Dark Mage/Dancer hybrid with enough energy for both of them?

UD: Yeah, Plegia. I'll try to make the little "Plegia" notice more...well... noticeable next time.
And yeah, a dark mage is always a good thing to have. Except when they're angry. oh god she's not angry right?

Squishy: As promised, Emilia is here to wreck everything and steal everything that isn't nailed down. (And violently destroy everything that is)

UD: Late, but added to the queue. Also, it's a bit short, but the thread is up.

[ v ]: Is that last spot still open for signing up?

UD: Sure thing. I don't think we're all done with the first round anyway.

[ v ]: I'll take the spot with my second then.

BP: Uhhhh.... Vice? You may want to finish your post there XD I would post, but I don't know if you had the final part of that sentence or another half a post in mind.

Vice: Must be too sleepy when I posted it... Fixed
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Velyoukai
post Oct 3 2013, 01:33 PM
Post #2

If I can't have all of you, then I want NOTHING
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
FEPoints: 12,342
Member No.: 1,749

Skylessia Characters

UD #61: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text
Wait... wait... The myrmidon pursued the lancer, but having not seen their preparations, he neglected to avoid the tripwire. He earned a knife to the ankle for his trouble, and Noah rushed him with his own dagger, leaving a bad cut in his neck and poison in his veins. In his surprise, the bandit offered little resistance.

Noah knocked him over with a shoulder to his body and left him to die. "Now, I'll be right with you."

But even as the words dropped from his mouth the actions of their leader gave him pause. The axefighter that Emilia had nailed swung downwards at a very startled archer, who rolled away to avoid certain demise. The leader? He calmly approached from behind and put his blade through the berserk bandit, dropping him quickly. The ease and cold calculation behind the movement was chilling to see. Noah understood the logic... were it only for that, he might have maintained his composure. But... "If you can't control yourself," the head-dressed head bandit said dispassionately, "then you're just a problem."

He turned to the archer. "Get up. You're disgraceful." The bowman scrambled to his feet and took aim at Ariel, but he was shocked by a rather livid tactician. This man was Noah's opposite. He would not lose.

For a moment there was nothing but silence as the two glared at each other. It was as though two beasts had encountered each other over their favorite prey. Noah said nothing. "Wait," he told Emilia. "He'll come to us."

The opposing leader drew his sword as he stepped forward. "But will you be ready, little man?"

Enemies (close)

Charten, Level 14 Mercenary: Approaching fast.
Level 3 Archer: Nervously attempting to decide on a target.
Vice #62: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text
"Thanks." Wolfe mentioned to Noah who had just finished the swordsman. He was glad it was a right decision to regroup after all. Now, there were only two enemies remaining, even though the last one seemed to be pretty skilled. Moreover, he just murdered his own underling, heartlessly. "...well, as expected of a big bad bandit."

Wolfe pondered. He figured he would be useless with the sword bastard, and for that he would best fit to distract the archer from assisting his boss. Being an ex-sharpshooter, he knew best than anyone here how to deal with a bowman. Also, this archer didn't seem to be a great sniper at all, especially when compared to himself in the past. The lancer had confident in this.

"Since he already has a crush on you, why don't you take the challenge and leave the bow one to me?" Wolfe said, smirking a bit. He did not seem to be scared of the boss's appearance or his personality at all, it was probably from his experience. ""

Not leaving much time for Noah to respond, the blind lance carefully walked aside, away from the direction that the bandit boss was approaching. As that man didn't show any sign to pursue him, probably didn't see him as a threat, Wolfe fully turned to the reluctant archer with his spear, and that automatically helped the man to decide his target.

"Right, aim here."

Of course, from distance, the archer would be the first one to attack. He notched his arrow clumsily and turned to the lancer, however, Wolfe already locked on to the archer's aiming and moved away when the arrow was pointed at him. The archer followed. This time, Wolfe waited a little after being targeted to lure the archer to release arrow, then he stepped aside and dodged it easily.

"I can do this." Wolfe muttered, smirking. It appeared that he just had to hope that the three-on-one plan will go well.

Enemy (close)
Charten, Level 14 Mercenary: Approaching fast.
Level 3 Archer: Nervously attempting to hit Wolfe.
BP #63: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text
That... had just happened.

The battle had been going in their favor, with her allies picking off enemies like flies. While Ariel herself wasn't of much help at the moment, she had an excellent vantage point and great overview of the skirmish. Just as she had pulled a chair over, though, she'd witnessed the apparent leader of the bunch killing one of his own men. It came as a shock to the dark mage, who was a member of a group of combat-capable Plegians herself. She couldn't imagine their leader doing something this horrible, this immoral.

Abandoning the chair idea, she took her tome, which she had put on the table earlier so she'd have her hands free to throw stuff. Wolfe had requested to be left alone with his foe -she could hear that much from where she was- and while she'd keep an eye on them and would keep one cast in reserve in case he needed it, this was something she couldn't forgive. "Lord Grima will FEAST upon your wicked soul," she snarled, despite the man not being able to hear her.

Problem was, while the Flux did its job pain-wise -evidently the man was not built to defend against magic- its normal effect of dizzying the target didn't seem to kick in. She'd already raised her hand for a second cast, but it shook and she decided against it. Instead, she opted to continue with her initial plan and hurl the chair down at him.

Enemies (close)
Charten, Level 14 Mercenary: Approaching. May want to dodge out of the way of an incoming chair.
Squishy #64: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text
Damn. That guy was tougher than expected. Even Emilia wouldn't stoop so low as to outright kill her own companions, no matter how frustrated she got with them. Sure, they could expect a good beating or getting left behind, but killing them was far below her. This bandit on the other hand had no problem with that, seeing as he stabbed the other man through the back without a second thought.

Fighting him was going to be a lot tougher than all of the others. Emilia was slowly starting to regret not drinking the vulnerary when she had the chance.

She headed over to Noah's side, weapons drawn and ready for battle.

"Any idea how to handle him?"

Enemies (close)
Charten, Level 14 Mercenary: Approaching. May want to dodge out of the way of an incoming chair.
UD #65: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text
"I can't say I do..." Noah muttered, sizing up their enemy. It was fairly clear by the way he'd carried himself that there was none his equal on the field, and the traps they had set beforehand were all but used up. All they could really rely on was their superior ability to organize. With that in mind...

"...We can coordinate our attacks. I'll go first. Use the chaos to find an opening..." Noah raised a sandy wall before them, obscuring their approach from the bandit head. Then he made a great show of rushing out from the right side, trusting Emilia to go the other way. He had drawn his blade and swung as he approached. Somewhat as expected, the man saw it coming and allowed the weapon to slide off of his. Noah leapt back after the initial clash, and as the two set up in combat stances, the more imposing swordsman spoke.

"Tell me, little man. For what reason do you fight?"

"I need a reason to purge you defilers of my home?"

"Ha. With the world the way it is? You better find one fast."

Noah said nothing. There was nothing to speak about. They reached an implicit understanding and attacked. Noah managed a clean jab to the chest, knocking some wind out of his attacker's sails, and sustained a slash wound across his own side. The tactician drew back as the chair came crashing down...

Enemies (close)

Charten, Level 14 Mercenary: Staggering, under attack by chair.
Vice #66: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text
It didn't take much of his effort to beat this enemy.

Wolfe lured his enemy into his advantage. The same trick worked most of the time with this unexperienced archer as his shot never hit the approaching lancer. The blind man knew when to step away from the firing course, before taking a step forward. Finally, his spear reached the long-ranged attacker. It hit the man's arm before his kick brought him down, another kick at his head ensured his temporary loss of conscious.

"Phew..." Wiping his sweat, the spearman turned to the more important battle, just to find out that it was still going on. The bandit leader didn't seem to care much about him at all, while speaking with the short tactician. Wolfe mumbled. "Well, look like I can just escape like this."

That would be just, wouldn't it? Wolfe believed he already had enough of a bad day, it would be right to just save himself and survive. No one can tell if those three will beat the crap out of the strong looking desert thief, leaving while he can would be the wisest option. He really considered it, however, that was until he remembered his debt to those people.

"Darn, look like I can't just let 'em die or they would haunt me every night onward." Grabbing his weapon tightly, the lancer headed back to the house, no matter if he was needed or not.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2019 - 05:19 AM

Affiliates