Ted, Blue God of FETO
post May 29 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #121

The Great Black Hope
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 9,000,001,000,201,042,944
Member No.: 5,333

Never been in this thread but I saw some talk about tourney stages.

I would suggest that instead of random stage selection, you implement some sort of stage strike system that would basically have each person cross out a stage going back and forth till there is only one stage left. It seems more fair to me if you could implement it.

Also, I say that cololosseum should be legal for major tournies since if you lose, you should be allowed to have a nice counter pick stage imo and cololosseum is nothing if not a great counter pick stage.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: Relaxed
+Quote Post

Ellis
post May 29 2009, 12:19 PM
Post #122

I LOVE THIS COMPANY
Group Icon

FEPoints: 2,130
Member No.: 84

It isn't random though, Tef. (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/dry.gif)

If it's best of three, the first battle is the default, and then the other two are the loser's choice; if it's best of one, it's random between the two choices of the two battlers.
Current Mood: bidoofbidoofbidoof
+Quote Post

Misha
post May 29 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #123

Minty Idolm@ster
Group Icon

FEPoints: 9,006
Member No.: 3,812

Tef's on to something there.
In certain games where maps are randomly selected, rather than letting each player choose which map they want, they choose a few maps they don't want from a list, then the map is chosen randomly from all not-declined maps.

In 1v1 tournaments, you could have 17 maps, and each player gets 8 vetoes.
All vetoed maps would be unselectable, and the map is chosen randomly from the remaining.

Or you could have "One I like, two I don't like" or something like that. You approve one map and veto two.
approve is +1, veto is -1. The maps with the highest score are chosen from at random.

If I approve night sparrow and decline colosseum and port badon
and my opponent approves FD and declines colosseum and Night Sparrow, FD would be used.

If I approve night sparrow and decline colosseum and port badon
and my opponent approves FD and declines colosseum and Port badon, it would be randomly chosen between night sparrow and FD.

...Or we could just remove unbalanced maps like lolosseum and the coin flip system wouldn't be too detrimental.
Current Mood: Stupid
+Quote Post

Ted, Blue God of FETO
post May 29 2009, 01:26 PM
Post #124

The Great Black Hope
Group Icon

FEPoints: 9,000,001,000,201,042,944
Member No.: 5,333

QUOTE(CAR = BIDOOF @ May 29 2009, 10:19 AM) *
It isn't random though, Tef. (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/dry.gif)

If it's best of three, the first battle is the default, and then the other two are the loser's choice; if it's best of one, it's random between the two choices of the two battlers.

For random, I meant the single person tournies how at random, one of the players gets there map chosen while the other gets sadface.

I just thought of the stage strike thing cause it's being used in smash tournaments. (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/unsure.gif)
Current Mood: Relaxed
+Quote Post

Ellis
post May 29 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #125

I LOVE THIS COMPANY
Group Icon

FEPoints: 2,130
Member No.: 84

Well, the only really problematic map now is Cololosseum, so I could just omit that in the future (which I think I did for the Semi-Fixed ones), and then the coin flip shouldn't really be a problem anyhow. (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/dry.gif)
Current Mood: bidoofbidoofbidoof
+Quote Post

chronofreak
post May 30 2009, 03:02 PM
Post #126

Not in these pants
Group Icon

FEPoints: 15
Member No.: 137

Skylessia Characters

QUOTE(Daemo @ May 28 2009, 10:56 PM) *
QUOTE(chronofreak @ May 27 2009, 09:08 PM) *
A fun tourney idea: Unlimited Gold Tournament. A raw, all-out tournament without the hassle and strategy of saving up gold to buy just a few select weapons. With no limit on inventory, players would pit their fully-equipped units against their opponents'.

However, I don't know how broken an all-siege team would be (because we all know at least one person would try it); its first-strike capabilities might be overpowered. If we think such teams could pose a problem, then perhaps the purchase of sieges could be restricted somehow. *Shrug.*

...I'm seeing Brave weapons. Thousands of them.

All troub team with Fear and Sleep for all of them, plus braves, killers, slayers... and having Miracle for all their healing needs.

Basically, without severe item restrictions that would half remove the point of the mode, bad idea.

...Or what if buyable weapons are the same as in the current item shop? Revert back to the old tourney style and let people win random items from villages.
(IMG:http://www.reallyfunnypictures.co.uk/animals/pics/12.01.08/i-dunno-lol.jpg)
Current Mood: chronofreaky
+Quote Post

TBE
post Jun 28 2013, 01:06 PM
Post #127

The Kobe System
Group Icon

FEPoints: 27,814,619,000,000,000
Member No.: 4,715

There are so many tourney battles being stalled right now with afk people or just not readying. Needs a dead line because this has gone on long enough. Over 2-3 weeks to even ready, seriously

Suggestion, advance people who arent ready or even join a match
Current Mood: Tebowing
+Quote Post

Jiffster
post Aug 29 2013, 12:12 PM
Post #128

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
FEPoints: 30
Member No.: 89,019

When is the next tournament? It looks like this game site is kinda dieing and its sad because I love it so much. And I just discovered it like a few days ago lol
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

TBE
post Aug 29 2013, 01:49 PM
Post #129

The Kobe System
Group Icon

FEPoints: 27,814,619,000,000,000
Member No.: 4,715

next week
Current Mood: Tebowing
+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2018 - 12:19 PM

Affiliates