Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) · IRC Chat

Reply to this topicStart new topic
[Approved] [Feature] Battle Log Playback, Rewatching battles, FETO Instant Replay style
Rewatching battles
Do you want this feature?
Yes [ 11 ] ** [84.62%]
No [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I don't care [ 2 ] ** [15.38%]
Total Votes: 13
Guests cannot vote 

Freeze
post Sep 14 2013, 05:33 AM
Post #1

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 98,525
Member No.: 52,067

It would be great if we would be able to actually see the unit movements on the map instead of just seeing the coords in the battle log. There have been discussions about a feature like this in the past and I know that a lot of people want a feature like this, but I also heard people say it would be really hard to implement and that it would be heavy on the system. I personally have no idea how hard this would be and it would probably be a lot of work so please tell me how viable this would be.

I think that this ability could be used to teach newbies how to dance, show them their mistakes and things like that and it would of course be a lot more fun to watch battles, because figuring out all those coords really isn't.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

Falaflame
post Sep 14 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #2

Flamey Master of Really Bad Puns!
Group Icon

Group: FETO Manager
FEPoints: 133,734,690,354
Member No.: 13,316

Skylessia Characters

I second this. The one battle I would point newbies to if this does get implemented is every single battle Inan and Mint would have with each other. However, I dont think that would be possible. The closest I would get is Shad and Speedy.
Current Mood: Relieved
+Quote Post

TBE
post Sep 14 2013, 08:45 PM
Post #3

The Kobe System
Group Icon

FEPoints: 27,814,619,000,000,000
Member No.: 4,715

I want to rewatch my conquests so yes
Current Mood: Tebowing
+Quote Post

kaishin no chikara
post Sep 15 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #4

My Name ^ Shit I Dribble ->
Group Icon

FEPoints: 10,001,064
Member No.: 5,521

This doesn't really seem that hard to do either. All you have to do is look at the battle logs and replay the data stored there.

I'm all for this.
Current Mood: SOMETHING THAT SPACE FLOWER WON'T BUG ME ABOUT
+Quote Post

sirocyl
post Sep 23 2013, 10:16 PM
Post #5

my face has three hands
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
FEPoints: 1,439
Member No.: 88,769

In the FETO2 engine currently, yes. It would be a huge load on the server to replay battles from battle logs.

The FETO3 engine will, rather than have the battle logs play out serverside, as it would be now, download the battle log file (in a new compressed format!) and parse and run it on the clientside viewer.

Battle logs will need to be converted out of the DB to the new compressed JSON-based format first, though.
We will also be taking battle logs out of the DB, and putting them into files which users can access and download.
Every few months or so, like every 6 months, we will archive all battlelog files into a compressed archive package, such as 7zip.
This may be slightly more bandwidth-intensive, but will take 80% of the load off our server.

Also, you can playback battle log files from your own computer, without even uploading them to the server!
The power of HTML5.

I'm going to approve this as an addition to FETO3, since so many people want it, but it won't be a highest-priority item at the moment. The rest of the code needs to be finished.
Current Mood: Uzbekistan
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2019 - 01:21 AM

Affiliates