Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) · IRC Chat


165 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 

Wingman
Posted on: Jan 27 2012, 11:24 AM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


Yes, I owe you. No, I don't care. I've blown this popstand.

Yeah, I think everyone around here has caught on to the fact that I haven't been around lately. And, well, there's a reason to that. The bottom line is that I really shouldn't have come back. There's too much baggage here and too many bad memories. AIM just is not healthy for me, I've decided, as I was starting to regress back to an unhealthy state. That's a place that I just can't go. Upon making this post, I'll be changing the registered email address here and scrambling my passwords, so a return won't be possible.

In the immortal words of anastasia, sometimes you've got to be a bit selfish to take care of yourself. I'm cashing in my selfish chips and doing what I need to do to take care of myself. I apologize that I'm leaving a bunch of broken threads in my wake, but my first priority is to take care of myself. Maybe Vel a few of you will take some sort of pleasure in being bad for my mental state and can list this on your resume as proof of your evil corruption skills.

Here's lookin' at you, FEP. We fought so hard and tried so hard. But in the end, you didn't even matter.
  Forum: Leaving/Returning · Post Preview: #804266 · Replies: 3 · Views: 553

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 30 2011, 08:39 AM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


"Good. Good." Jim gave them an easy smile. "You'd better hop to it, then. I'd hate to scare our vandal off by loitering around the area. The sooner we can catch this person, the sooner we can all breath easier."

>-----<


After going to the bakery and getting themselves introduced and settled in, Teri, and by extension Ashy, began the long wait. The bulk of the night was pretty silent and quiet. So much so that Teri had to fight to keep awake through it all. It helped to have Ashton to talk to, but... there was only so much that a person could do when you were hanging around in the dark waiting on some mystery person to show up.

The clock continued to tick by and the sky slowly grew darker and darker. It reminded Teri of that old saying about how it got the darkest right before the dawn. It wasn't like she was measuring the darkness or something, but it was certainly seeming that way to her. As the night wore on, a fog began to roll in and that worried her even more. It was going to get really hard to see if this kept up.

"Maybe the vandal got scared and decided to stop." Teri suggested after a long while. "Maybe we'll never find out who was behind it all."

As soon as she made that suggestion, a rattling conniption fit caught her attention. The sound seemed to have come from the alleyway next to the church. Whatever it was, it must have woken up the bakery dog, too, because the dog suddenly started barking at the top of its lungs. Teri winced. That dog could sure make a racket when it wanted to. But that wasn't the big issue. The big issue was that something could be out there... they'd probably better check.

OoC: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text
The noise is just a cat... and a very broken window.
  Forum: Sacae · Post Preview: #803004 · Replies: 78 · Views: 4,286

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 30 2011, 08:32 AM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


Okay... when Dirke had addressed both at once, he hadn't expected the boy to answer for both. A shudder worked its way down his spine. Hearing something so... unnatural... come from the boy's throat was downright uncanny. It was almost worse than the actual familiar itself.

"Uh... yeah..." Dirke struggled to move past that little escapade. "He seems... ready to get to it. You'd probably better go lie down for a while and get to feeling better. I'll handle the lizard for you."

Hopefully, some rest was all that Marigold needed. If the boy had just messed this familiar up and by extension messed himself up, then Dirke wasn't fully sure what he was going to do. He wasn't a magician and he really didn't understand all of this hocus-pocus stuff in the first place. Miss Siphelyn might... but that seemed like a stretch to him.

A sigh left his lips. It was just going to have to be something else to watch out for in the days ahead.
  Forum: Marcellus · Post Preview: #803003 · Replies: 58 · Views: 2,795

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 24 2011, 08:25 AM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


"I guess so." Dirke agreed. "That's pretty nifty."

He had to admit, he was impressed. It was pretty rare for him to stand this close to a familiar and not be trying to kill it. It was also pretty rare for him to witness the creation of one. Granted, Marigold wasn't quite as skilled as he'd claimed since he was now pretty wiped out, but Dirke could overlook that.

Plus... if they had a blacksmith about, then Dirke figured that they should get some use out of it. It would definitely help them in the days ahead to have some repairs and reforging done.

He wasn't sure about whether to address the familiar or the boy, so he just half-aimed his question at both of them. "I don't suppose that you'd be willing to help us out a bit. I know a lot of us could use some work done on the wagons and weapons. So long as you don't blow anything up, I think most of us'd be grateful for your help."
  Forum: Marcellus · Post Preview: #802766 · Replies: 58 · Views: 2,795

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 23 2011, 06:14 AM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


Before this turns into another logjam.. Dirke isn't mounted, Shuuda. He left the wyvern outside when he dismounted.
  Forum: RP Discussion · Post Preview: #802715 · Replies: 29 · Views: 4,428

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 21 2011, 10:58 AM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


"No way you're taking that one from me!" Nuala shouted over the din of combat.

She broke free of the ranks and did a quick about face. The fighting had thinned in this section anyway, and it was getting a bit too crowded for their own good. She ducked and wover past friend and foe alike to close in the Chimera. If anyone was taking that thing out, it was going to be her. She didn't have some fancy-schmancy magica sword that could freeze foes on contact, but if she wasn't willing to sit by and let the mages do all the work, then she sure as slashin' wasn't about to let some fancy-pants compensating general either.

A quick push carried her past that Lyra girl and up to the beast itself. She ducked beneath a clumsy claw-swipe, bounded up to the beast's frozen face and pushed off of the creature's shoulder to reach its head. The thing wasn't all too keen on cooperating, though. It was bound and determined to throw her off.

"I thought frostbite was supposed to throw you down!" She chortled as the beast bucked, nearly throwing her off. "Now, hold still... this'll... nggh... only hurt a moment!"

She finally reached the back of the beast's neck. There wasn't much time to waste, in a position like this, that tail could peg her for sure. Nuala rose up on her legs, caught her balance, and then brought her Demon Edge overhead. A powerful thrust sent the blade smashing through the thing's ice-covered skull and split it asunder easily.

A yell of triumph escaped her: "Ha-ha! This thing's got to be worth at least four!"

She was abruptly humbled as the creature's still spasming tail smashed into her. It wasn't a dead on hit, thank the stars, but the impact was still enough to knock her clean off of her perch and drop her to the boat below. She landed hard on her bottom and winced at the impact. Stupid moment-killers.
  Forum: Azgarth · Post Preview: #802562 · Replies: 76 · Views: 3,576

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 20 2011, 07:46 PM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


I know that everyone's kind of waiting on havoc right now, but if someone can get a post of some sort in, I'll push us ahead.
  Forum: Topic Recruitment and Discussion · Post Preview: #802527 · Replies: 10 · Views: 955

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 20 2011, 06:58 PM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


Well... I think I'm going to just let this one go. Time and lack of interest just work against inspiration, and, well, I'm not feeling this idea any more to be honest.
  Forum: RP Discussion · Post Preview: #802524 · Replies: 5 · Views: 596

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 17 2011, 03:45 PM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


I dunno, Satori. I'd hoped for at least one more person, but I guess we could do this as a two-man. Do you have any thoughts?
  Forum: RP Discussion · Post Preview: #802446 · Replies: 5 · Views: 596

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 17 2011, 03:17 PM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


Sorry, but I'm dropping this.
  Forum: Topic Recruitment and Discussion · Post Preview: #802445 · Replies: 5 · Views: 1,260

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 17 2011, 07:30 AM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


"Yeah, I've seen summons." Dirke's mouth twitched at some bitter memories. "If I had a list of most fought enemies, familiars would be second on there. Not sayin' that they're evil or anything, but they stand out in a crowd."

He paused for a moment to deal with another matter. One of his men approached him and asked about the merchants following the convoy. Dirke answered his questions as best he could and told the boy to help in anyway possible. If the other merchants wanted to follow them, well and good, but no one could be penalized for deciding to get out while they still could. Once they had that settled and taken care of, Dirke resumed his forward walk and returned his attention to Marigold.

He gave his remarks on the proposed familiar. "I s'pose a blacksmith monster is always useful... might scare away any potential customers, though."
  Forum: Marcellus · Post Preview: #802433 · Replies: 58 · Views: 2,795

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 17 2011, 07:30 AM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


Teri gave Ashton a smile. "Thanks." And then began the process of finding them a place to stay for the afternoon.

>-----<


Teri had actually managed to drop off to sleep for a few hours. It wasn't the deepest of rests she'd ever had, but she could only hope that it would be enough to carry her through. She gathered up her lance and things and Ashton and then, together, they made their way back to the little chapel to begin their duties. The streets, for the most part, were emptying out, which made sense since the sun was going down and it would be impossible to work in the dark. They arrived on the scene to find Jim standing in the church's open doorway.

"Hi." Teri tried her best to sound confident and upbeat about the coming stakeout. "Here we are."

Jim gave them a reassuring nod of greeting, then spoke: "Glad to see that you've made it. There isn't much to this, so it shouldn't be that hard for us. I'll take up a spot in the shed out back and keep watch on the back of the church and the cemetary. I've already talked to the bakery across the street and they're willing to let you hang out in their front room and watch the church from there. How's that sound?"
  Forum: Sacae · Post Preview: #802432 · Replies: 78 · Views: 4,286

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 9 2011, 08:03 PM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


"Wasn't intended to be!" Nuala called out to her comrade between punching demons in the face. "But I never back down from one! You're on. The more kills wins!"

"C'mon, missy, you're slackin'!" She put a spring into her step and shot forward, moving to cover Lyra and fill in the gap created by her absence. Despite the banter and her attitude, she was taking the battle seriously. But that didn't mean that she couldn't have fun with it.

There was nothing that she could do about the lightning strikes, so Nuala ignored them. People in their own luck, and right now luck was going to make all of the difference between who got struck and who didn't. A bolt crashed down somewhere behind her, but she refused to divert her attention from the monsters in front of her.

She came in low, knocking a merman's legs out from under him and then spinning around to impale the creature in the chest. She wrenched her blade around, digging out a cavity in the monster's flesh before ripping the blade free.

That proved to be costly as a lance emerged from the chaos of combat to dig into her shoulder guard. Nuala hissed and kicked the offending hunter away. Something like that wasn't about to slow her down.
  Forum: Azgarth · Post Preview: #802241 · Replies: 76 · Views: 3,576

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 9 2011, 08:01 PM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


Hey, no problem, stuff happens. Although this does clear up a lot, I was wondering why Andrew was acting the way he was in ignoring the rest of the perceived NPCs. Now I know.

Anywho, since I've already established a few other fliers to exist, I'm going to use them for this next post. But don't worry, I'll break it up so that we don't have to worry about them from here on out.
  Forum: RP Discussion · Post Preview: #802240 · Replies: 29 · Views: 4,428

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 9 2011, 02:46 PM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


Here's the rundown. Sheila needs an RP, and since nothing else seems to be opening up, I'm now contractually obligated to make one. Here's the scenario that I have thus far: Sheila, the Pegasus Thief, has been knocking about some random port town in the Wilds for the past few weeks. Naturally, a girl can't operate out of an area without making a few friends, and one of the unlikely friends that she's made is that of a young serving girl. The serving girl is a slave.

Now, Sheila's not the sort to get worked up over those sorts of things. Slavery's all around her and there's not a lot she can do about that, especially since the innkeeper has sold the girl off and is delivering her to the new owner that evening.

That night, while trying to swipe some gold from an old sea salt's barge. Fur hits the fan when some unknown assailant takes a torch to the place, burning the ship to the nubbins and forcing Sheila to just barely escape with her life. Unfortunately, it turns out that the serving girl was below that ship's decks awaiting delivery to her new owner. The girl has now died a horrible death.

That's put Sheila in a bad mood, and Sheila decides that its now her responsibility to find the man responsible for that arson and smear his guts against the wall. She's also, probably, going to need some help to do it.

As you can probably see, this is not going to be a thread full of sunshine and dasies, so your super-lawful PC types probably won't fit in too well here. This is a thread that's going to look at the murkier side of the Wilds and slavery and put some of the horror back into the concept after the way I've trivialized it with a few PCs. Don't worry, this isn't going to be an 'R'-rated thread or anything, I don't roll that way, but it's going to deal with a few heavy subjects.

If you're interested, drop me a line below. I'm looking for two other PCs, preferably, but I may end up taking three more. I'd also like this thread to maintain a steady pace, so I'd prefer it if you can post at a reasonable rate.
  Forum: RP Discussion · Post Preview: #802228 · Replies: 5 · Views: 596

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 9 2011, 02:42 PM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


Okay, so... I hate to open a can of worms, but I think I'm going to have to. Here's the question: Based off of what other people have posted during the intro rounds and the overall scenario, am I incorrect in assuming that there are other mercenaries around? Or is it just the PCs and no one else?

This is starting to confuse me a bit, since at the onset there were a couple of places where we had a large number of NPCs about. Given the nature of the job, I assumed that at least some of them were there to help with the recovery effort, since this seems a bit too delicate to leave in the hands of four sellswords. That's why I've been referring to other NPCs and been making mention of them in my posts, I believed them to be there, as well as having Dirke propose the plans that he did. There's no real way he'd agree to let two people storm the front gate of a castle all by their lonesomes.

Reading Sety's latest few posts, however, which make no mention of any other soldiers, and given the low enemy cound that was just hurled at us, I'm starting to suspect that that isn't the case. Do we have any allies here or no?
  Forum: RP Discussion · Post Preview: #802226 · Replies: 29 · Views: 4,428

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 8 2011, 06:14 PM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


Teri checked the position of the sun before she answered. It was a little past directly overhead, so... it was already past noon. If they were going to be up all night, then she'd probably better hit the hay before too much longer. It felt strange, though, to just give up and sleep while all of these problems surrounded them. She wished that they had found something to work off of, but... neither of them had had very good ideas.

She'd really have to learn how to carry out an investigation, wouldn't she?

"You're right. I'm not very tired, but... I might as well try to sleep anyway." She said slowly-- measuredly. "It's something that I've got to learn: how to fall asleep on a moment's notice. Once I get to Etruria, then I might end up having to sleep whenever I can. I might as well start learning how to now rather than later."

She sighed adn then continued: "I wish we'd done a better job of all this, though... but I guess it couldn't be helped.
  Forum: Sacae · Post Preview: #802180 · Replies: 78 · Views: 4,286

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 8 2011, 06:13 PM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


"I wish I had time for tricks." Dirke replied with a small sigh and a shrug of his shoulders. "But I've got responsibilities that have to be met."

Must be nice being able to hold an attitude like Marigold's, where you didn't have to worry about anything but mischief. Dirke caught that thought and tossed it aside. He couldn't start thinking that way. If he did... then things wouldn't end well at all. He had to be strong for his men. If the leadership fell apart, then it wouldn't be too much longer before they did.

He decided that it might be best to keep Marigold where he could see him for the moment. "You can walk with me for a while, if ya want. It might do to have someone who can keep me awake."
  Forum: Marcellus · Post Preview: #802179 · Replies: 58 · Views: 2,795

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 5 2011, 08:11 PM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


There we go. With that repost, I think we're right as rain.
  Forum: RP Discussion · Post Preview: #802104 · Replies: 29 · Views: 2,081

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 5 2011, 08:07 PM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


"Alright!" Nuala broke into a running sprint forward. "Let's get this party started!"

A naga rose to challenge her, prompting Nuala to grin in response to his outdated weaponry. That was a pretty old sword that the thing was waving around. It looked like a few sturdy blows would cause the whole thing to snap in two. The odds of that happening were slim, but it wasn't like she was planning on that, anyway.

She skipped around the naga's first clumsy swing and responded by driving her Demon Edge deep into the thing's flank. She jerked the blade out and twisted aside, ducking beneath a retalitory strike. Her smirked widened. Nuala extended her body upward and outward, coming out of her duck in a vertical slice that ended with her blade sinking deep into the naga's neck. A quick tug pulled the blade out of its neck and she spun around the fresh corpse as the beast dropped to the deck, dead.

These things didn't look that strong, but what they lacked in strength they more than made up for with numbers. The demons could wear down their stamina and exhaust them, then take advantage of their clumsy reflexes and tired muscles. Well, she'd just have to kill them all before it came to that, wouldn't she?

"Get someone up here to bag 'em and tag 'em. We could open a cafe with all the demon meat I'm about to provide!" She cried out for anyone who cared to listen.

A merman dropped down from somewhere and cut off her path. Nuala went into a skid and passed beneath his outstretched claws unharmed. She continued her taunt: "Looks like the catch of the day, right here!"
  Forum: Azgarth · Post Preview: #802102 · Replies: 76 · Views: 3,576

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 5 2011, 06:23 AM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


Ah. Alright. This is what threw me, though.

QUOTE
From a little behind the front line, the high priestess cast condemnation, creating a holy field that burned down any demon caught inside. Her barrier expanded from herself, to the frontline sentries, and to the demons on that side of the deck eventually. The mermen were burned away as they were touched by the exorcism field, they were practically pushed back the the edge.


Maybe I'm just completely weird, but, to me, that sounds like Elphi cast her spell right behind the others and pushed all of the demons overboard. Maybe I'm misreading it somehow, I dunno. But I'll edit that soon as I can.
  Forum: RP Discussion · Post Preview: #802082 · Replies: 29 · Views: 2,081

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 3 2011, 02:43 PM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


"Miss Siphelyn's right." Dirke rendered his verdict on the matter. "Both of you should get as much rest as you can. Once the sun comes up, we're going to have to start driving like mad towards the border. It's only going to get harder from here on out. I hope you have a decent night, Miss Siphelyn... And thank you for your help."

Dirke, however, didn't expect any such thing. There was a lot of work to be done before they could head for the hills, and he was going to see to it that it all got done before sun up. It wasn't going to be the first time in his life that he'd pulled an all-nighter; it definitely wouldn't be the last. The important thing now was to finish the amended mission by getting Miss Nates to safety as quickly as possible. They'd make that happen or die trying.
  Forum: Marcellus · Post Preview: #802026 · Replies: 58 · Views: 2,795

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 1 2011, 06:18 PM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


Nuala waited for Admiral Blowhard to shout at his people some more before responding to fish-fry statement. All of this talk was making her more antsy than the waiting. C'mon, wasn't it just common sense to let the healers do their thing before the battle began? Why'd they have to be told to do their job? She pushed the questions aside. The bigger question would be why none of that protective magic ever bothered to come her way.

She turned back to answer the other gal. "Calamari or Category, s'long as you can chew it, I'm happy."

Nuala paused as she drew her Demon Edge. A slow and steady smirk passed over her lips as she hefted it and gave it a practice swing. The comforting weight of the blade filled her hands and her smile broadened.

"'course, if anything's going to be on the menu tonight, it's not goin' to be me. Let's set up a fish fry."
  Forum: Azgarth · Post Preview: #801964 · Replies: 76 · Views: 3,576

Wingman
Posted on: Dec 1 2011, 06:16 PM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


"I appreciate it." Jim replied with a small smile. "You two might want to rest up, then. Night will be on us before you know it, and we'll need you alert if you're goin to help us tonight. Come to the church about dusk. We'll take it from there."

"Thanks, Jim." Teri replied and gave him a soft smile in return. "Thanks for letting us help.

She thought about the overall situation for a moment, trying to figure out if there was anything else that they could do. All of the investigation leads had been taken care of, so... there really wasn't much that they could do. They were really stuck, but, for some reason, she didn't feel so bad about that now.

"I guess we should go back to the church and let them know what's going on." She hazarded a guess at their next move. "Then we can get some sleep before tonight. Does that sound good, Ashy?"

((OoC: If you want, feel free to take us back to the church.))
  Forum: Sacae · Post Preview: #801963 · Replies: 78 · Views: 4,286

Wingman
Posted on: Nov 30 2011, 12:18 PM


Bat Break
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Posts: 4,337
Joined: 14-September 08
Member No.: 6,481


*checks pulse* Are we alive or no?
  Forum: Topic Recruitment and Discussion · Post Preview: #801926 · Replies: 5 · Views: 1,260

165 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 

New Posts  New Replies
No New Posts  No New Replies
Hot topic  Hot Topic (New)
No new  Hot Topic (No New)
Poll  Poll (New)
No new votes  Poll (No New)
Closed  Locked Topic
Moved  Moved Topic
 

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 08:36 PM

Affiliates