kaishin no chikara
post Jul 7 2013, 02:49 AM
Post #1

My Name ^ Shit I Dribble ->
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 10,001,064
Member No.: 5,521

I tried to put as many people as I thought were important. Hit me up with a PM if you want to be on.

I thought I would make something so that everyone would know their general standing. This is obviously biased since it's only from the perspective of two people, but I'll be as impartial as I can be. Note that someone else is working with me on this, so they've helped me determine your place if I don't know it. That means don't strangle me about your rank. D=

This includes anybody who's anybody (that's still around or is still talked about), even those who don't still play the game. I might have missed some. I noted this above.

To be added: Druggedfox, Soul

Format is this:
Nickname/True Name/Current FETO Name with link to profile: Description and placement notes, if applicable

S-rank
- Inan/Inanimateness/Ghost of FETO Past: Dude is a robot created for the sole purpose at winning at FETO. He has 8 gold trophies and while his builds aren't top, he is (was) extremely good at dancing. Created (or at least made famous) the Yagokoro (Yagobitch) unit, the first non-lord glassy hit and run sniper. Somewhat notorious for his bad luck.
- Shad or Aless/Shadow/007: I'd seem like a suck-up if he was highest rank, lol. He's the best current user with superior builds and dancing. He is hugely inclined to strike as soon as an opponent is even slightly vulnerable.
- Mint/-/Misha: I hate her but no denying that she had the best builds and was adept at coming up with new and unusual teams. Good dancer too. She wrote the newbie guide.
- Mike/Mikevgraf/MostPope: I don't think I've ever beaten him in a match (I haven't really fought him much either). He is placed below the three above him is because he doesn't have as many gold trophies.
- Shio/Shiori/Miranda Lawson: Shiori has always been hard to defeat and she has been playing for a while. And if the gold trophy isn't an indication of why she's here, I don't know what it is. Superior builds and dancing, etc etc etc.
- SaS/SwordsAreShiney/Ellis: He made the game and has quite a few gold trophies. According to unlisted source somewhere in this topic, he only fought with some sort of gimmick like fielding high amounts of fliers on certain terrain maps. I don't know what's worse, the fact that he would pick units like that, or the fact that he thought of it before me.
- Nolan/Nolan Kryptonite/-: "I'm a winner! I totally win at life!" Superior builds and dancing. Knows what works and what doesn't. STILL A SILENCE USING ASSHOLE THOUGH. (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/sad.gif) He has a better win/loss than Speeds. He's the one that has me campaigning for reforms for the impale skill with his anti-pegmage impalemads. Fuck those things.
- Speeds/Speedy/Blade Lord S-IX: He was originally going to post character sheets for all of FETO, but never got around to it. THAT LAZY FUCKER. Dunno too much about builds, he gets them to work. He dances extremely well and doesn't let any opening slip by. He does not seem to drop his guard, even in the skype chat.
- Hitsu or Hitsugaya/Zack Strife/§ Hitsugaya §: Probably should just call him Hitsugaya instead of Zack Strife. He was definitely C-rank material 3 or 4 years ago, but if that win/loss ratio is any indication, he has gotten a lot better. He must be doing something right, at least (unless he's pulling another silently). Well-thought out teams, by his dancing isn't as good as those above him so he drops.

A-rank
- SS/Stalker Sasqatch/-: Only fights (or only prefers to fight) unpromoted battles. He knows the ins and outs of it pretty well though (enough to make a 15 POW lord because he figured most things still die to it in 2 shots), and could definitely devastate in a fight unpromo. Lack of Promo lowers his rank. He is known for obsessing over druids and was the first to come up with the concept on the dual tank magic unit (back in a time where glassies reined supreme) in the form of the Berlin Wall Druid.
- Mike's brother/-/(currently unknown): Don't have info on him, but he was really good at FETO after mike taught him the ropes. A good match for even today's players.
- Harble/Harbleboy/Geoffrey Barbara Butler: A big analyzer, he seems to prefer theory to practice. He could probably easily go up a few ranks if he played the game more and gave a few more fucks about what he was doing. He can read a situation better than even most of the S-ranks and tell who has what advantage in a match.
- Cheeky, w2k or Tsuki/Wetheril/Tsuki Akari - She hasn't even updated her units since the May 5th Sweep 4 fucking years ago. I'm certain with a few matches and changes she'd be more than a match for anyone in the higher ranks, but as current this is probably the correct place for her.
- Neji/Neji Hyuga/King of Knights: Pretty good dancing but lacks unit wise with a lot of high-skiller wrathers and nihil-bots.
- Elliot/LeaderR Elliot/-: He's Nicaraguan and has a racial bonus to dancing. On a serious note, he makes sound decisions and seems to know what's going on. He tries hard to improve himself and get better, and it shows.
- Sora/S.O.R.A./Konata Izumi: Relies too much on hit and run and is somewhat predictable as result. Not much first strike capability. Still, he's in A-rank for a reason, he can compete with the best of 'em and hold his own.
- Axl/OmegaAxl/.:JackAxl:.: He is scary to fight and has a certain legitimate gold trophy to prove himself. It's been a while since I've fought him so I can only guess at his rank. He was famous back in the day for having a lord that could tank physical attacks (almost for pissing people off, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms).
- Mel or Meneil/Meneil/AlwaysNever: Bizarre builds that I wouldn't recommend, she relies on low-hit tanks, which I suppose works when one is constantly successful WITH CHAIN 50S. She has decent enough tactics to make them work so she must be doing something right. She has incredible luck (SHE WOULDN'T FIGHT ME IN SEMI-FIXED MODE (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/sad.gif) ).

B-rank
- Beo/Beowulf/Niisan: A fairly good duelist who has a huge inclination towards magical units. He was made fun of as a pedo sociopath for his obsession over female magic users (loli mages) pedo mages from back in a time where gender affected stats. He is the one that coined the term "toys" referring to the 1-2 range weapons physical users all should have.
- Pura/-/SereneSlaughter: A cool dude (if not somewhat crazy and a name-change whore). According to my other source, he's fairly decent at FETO so I stuck him in Mid-B.
- Fala/Magus/Falaflame: Knows the superior strats, but his dancing and builds are only decent. I'm certain there's plenty of room for change, though.
- Kyre/-/GOAT: Currently shaky units and prone to hit and run, but Kyre has only room to get better. He uses out of battle tactics to piss of the opponent and make them mess up. It doesn't work on everyone but it certainly has it's perks.
- Fred/Fredmir/Kirkfur: He puts too much emphasis on insight and wrath units, even in matches where it's not Sadistic mode. His dancing is pretty good.
- Shaq or Axel/Shariq/Axel Almer: Way too much reliance on glassy dodgy units and criticals. It's also worth nothing he obsesses over having high hit on his units. But that doesn't affect his placement, that's just how he rolls. It should also be noted that he has won a gold trophy from a legitimate tourney, but really suffers from not trying anything new now-a-days.
- Chain/SpeedChain/HauntedChains: According to the other source, there is nothing spectacular or great about him, but he can hold is own and would be far from a pushover to defeat.

C-rank
- Frosty/Frosty The Sage/Aircalibur: Dubbed as a noobslayer from my source. His win/loss should say something about him though.
- Tef or Ted/Tef/Ted, Blue God of FETO: I believe he is the original one who thought of A-riders, the devastating unpromo team of all mounted units. He does not have much experience with other builds, though, and it shows.
- Haru/Harudoku/Reimu Hakurei: The RNG goddess limits herself so that no one believes her when she makes claims to being as such (REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY). Can't let people get TOO suspicious. On a serious note, her style is/was unrefined and she hasn't really made much effort to get better since the time 4 years ago.
- Gears or Clock/Gearsman/Clock Struck Production: Skills have atrophed from lack of FETO playing and lack of caring. Back in the day he would constantly catch me off guard by noticing subtle mistakes I would make.
- Mallow/MallowNinja/Hong Meiling: A female brony. What do you call that? A sisny? She is a decent duelist but if Krypto pushing her back in the 4-way match was any indication, she needs a lot of work.
- Geoffrey/-/-: The original leader of the silver knights was a cool guy and well-mannered (as befitting his image), but was really not too good at FETO. He knew the ins and outs but didn't play as excessively as other people and really couldn't compete with the higher-up players.
- fensti/-/-: Our new root admin. I dunno where he ranks, but I'm guessing it's above the bar that implys "DUR HUR YOUR GOOD IF YOUR ABOVE THIS"

==There is a huge gap in skill here==

D-rank
- Leaden/LeadenOni/(currently unknown): I haven't fought him but judging by his battles he is or was still learning.
- Luddy or lolulddy/Prince_Ludwig/-: He's better than the people below him, that's the only reason. Not exactly a role-model though with his history of holding up tournies and his lack of trying anything new.
- joker/-/-: Don't know much about the guy. He really doesn't compare to some of the better FETOers from what I've seen. If he wants or cares, he can challenge me personally for the honor of gaining rank.

E-rank
- Doctur/Doctursea/-: He's new and has potential, but as with all new acquired weapon ranks, he starts at E.
- Neko/NekoLieutenant/-: Neko simply doesn't get FETO as well as most. I'm certain that it's simply from lack of experience, however. He could do much better if he simply tried some more.
- (currently unknown or undecided)/Amphorce/-: Not too much info. Only going on what I've been told. I'll have to fight him later and adjust this description.
- Jac/JacRipper/-: He's not too good. He's improving, but it's like comparing a level 1 unit to those of higher level.
- Hawke/Hawke Knight/-: He's... got a good personality, shall we say. His dancing and builds are horrid.
- (currently unknown or undecided)/Amoltamiss/Lady Ecaille Ingrid: She posts in the chat rarely, and judging by what she says and her win/loss ratio she isn't too good at FETO, something she admits herself. No judgments, of course. Could stand to be better like doctur and jac, but currently doesn't care.
- Zen/ZenAndTonic/Zen: He doesn't even give a damn about this game. Most of his playing was so his wife (girlfriend at the time) could grind money off of him.

Unranked:
- Sirocyl/-/-: He's our main coder and our spearhead frontline leader in getting FETO going again, working on FETO 2.3, 2.5, and eventually 3.0, as well as putting the site in transition from post-apocalyptic to having a ray of hope. But because he's never played a single Fire Emblem game, nor does he have any FETO experience, he's unranked.
- Silently/-/-: Important enough to be listed with the highest win/loss ratio on the site, but all he did was counterpick and never fought anybody decent. He only cared about his rank. What can I do with just that info? Ironic that a man that cared so much about his placement in one standing didn't get placement in another.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: SOMETHING THAT SPACE FLOWER WON'T BUG ME ABOUT
+Quote Post

TBE
post Jul 7 2013, 04:13 AM
Post #2

The Kobe System
Group Icon

FEPoints: 27,814,619,000,000,000
Member No.: 4,715

Nice, I had a good laugh reading this ha. Good job Kai
Current Mood: Tebowing
+Quote Post

kaishin no chikara
post Jul 7 2013, 04:26 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE(7 @ Jul 7 2013, 05:13 AM) *
Nice, I had a good laugh reading this ha. Good job Kai

The way you worded that hurts. (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/sad.gif)
+Quote Post

Geoffrey Barbara Butl...
post Jul 7 2013, 04:46 AM
Post #4

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 700,000,000,000,000,000
Member No.: 7,248

Complaint: I think Mint should be at the #2 spot since she was, at worst, on Inan's level. Actually, Aless can move to #1 and Inanimint to 2/3 (due to inactivity) because I'd just rather leave them as a group. Also, Mike/Shiori above SaS, since SaS almost never played a game without using some sorta gimmick (hurr durr fliers on stupid maps). Also also, Hitsugaya below Speeds and Krypto. He probably had better, more well-thought out teams, but in all my matches against him, I don't think he ever really out-danced me. Speedy and Krypto both were (and definitely nowadays are) superior at actually playing the game, imo. Basically, I always felt comfortable playing against Hitsugaya, and not so much against Krypto and Speedy.

Meneil up to A-rank (yes, I'm one of those guys who cares about the "difference" between the bottom of one tier and the top of another,) and Fredo to the top of B-tier (or at least above shaq.)

>really didn't know the true secrets to victory.
>know the true secrets to victory.
>true secrets to victory.
9/10 I lol'd

Last complaint is that the S-tier list seems a little fat, but then again I guess 4 of them are all but inactive. With that in mind, I guess we don't have to move people down to A-tier (although, if we WERE to do this, I'd drop the last 3 down.)

Oh, and I should have my own tier. "dabes" tier. cuz imdabes. imdabes. imdabessssssssssssssssssssssssssss. (swag x5)

Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

TBE
post Jul 7 2013, 10:21 AM
Post #5

The Kobe System
Group Icon

FEPoints: 27,814,619,000,000,000
Member No.: 4,715

I laughed at your descriptions of some people, it was good
Current Mood: Tebowing
+Quote Post

LeaderR Elliot
post Jul 7 2013, 11:12 AM
Post #6

Leader of Raid
Group Icon

FEPoints: 2,888,028
Member No.: 65,734

Desriptions need some work besides that is ok. I would read again no problem.
+Quote Post

kaishin no chikara
post Jul 7 2013, 11:39 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

I did this at five in the morning dammit. Alright, I'll adjust it.
+Quote Post

Niisan
post Jul 7 2013, 01:51 PM
Post #8

Re-sublime Sensei
Group Icon

FEPoints: 4,504
Member No.: 3,665

Cute. Pretty good too.

Thing is, most games which have tier lists have the metagaming scope to do so. FETO really just doesn't have that skill cap, after the few oldtimers found and broke the game. For example aka a Rank Z like me, piss me off enough and send me against Mint or Inan. Trust me, it wasn't pretty. For them (go ask Mint these days who pissed her off the most ^^(IMG:style_emoticons/blue/wink.gif) .

Any gamer can take these ranked guys and gals, provided they have enough cash and will (or patience and will if they don't play grudges). That's why I look at FETO and see iconic characters as good inventors, innovators and gamebreakers. Such as Mr. Sirius (the original tactician of FETO), Foe (map designer and first mass leveler/grinder), OmegaAxl and Vongola (F*** criticals and long rangers), Inanimateness (THE quintessential tactician and inventor of most tactics such as h/r and all that), Amoltamiss (THE first druid master, c'mon that counts a bunch), Mint (political genius), Wetheril/Tsuki Akari as a stellar duelist (my pupil, and the first and most successful tourney winner over...you guessed it, Inan). You got her hubbie, but not the cheeky angel? Sheesh.

Even more however, I rate highly those who directly impacted the game by being gamers and gamebreakers. I rate Sirius (and Mint; I respect her, who doesn't?) highly for creating the warder, which is as high an achievement as my creation of the battlemagi (remember marmours? thought so.). I respect the duelist who forced the issue of creating the warder archetype in response to his brokenness (cause face it, Mint's original underpowered peggie wasn't cutting it). I respect the duelist who caused THE SWEEP overhaul of FETO's system. I respect the duelist who MADE FETO lingo, such as "firststriking," "dancing," "toyz," "h/r," etc. I respect the duelist who recognized from Day 1 (May 1-5, 2005) the effects of sieges, and respect his forcing SaS (and Mint) to nerf them to the ground. Even more, I respect Mint for creating the best newbie guide and the best and longest thread (RMT) in order for duelists of all levels to improve and succeed.

I respect gamemakers and gamebreakers over gameplayers, especially due to FETO's current low skillcap. For tier lists, I value the "man, he/she's awesome," but even more the "oh god this guy."

TLDR. I just have a different way of viewing people. But if you really want to make good on your little history lesson,

Additions to S: No one! Really, there is only one person who commands enough respect. S class only got one, and he's the only guy I'd have to work to have a 50% rate 1v1 Final Destination.

Additions to A: pretty much anyone previously in S. Also, Tsuki Akari.
Additions to B: Mr. Sirius (as a duelist, as a tactician, easily above even Inan), Foe, Amoltamiss, Vongola.

To be honest, yours is more of a current tier list, with an attempt towards history. It is rather good though.

And by the way, I was known as a psychopath with pedo units, not a pedo with psychopathic units. Get it right, scrub. (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/laughing.gif)
+Quote Post

Falaflame
post Jul 10 2013, 07:35 PM
Post #9

Flamey Master of Really Bad Puns!
Group Icon

Group: FETO Manager
FEPoints: 133,734,690,354
Member No.: 13,316

Skylessia Characters

LeadenOni is better than a D rank IMO.

I'd say move him to C rank. I think he may very well be better than Hong Meiling and Geoffrey.

Also, about me...

builds are only decent

Have you taken into account how many of my current promotes are pure garbage that I never use anymore? You're probably right about the dancing, not so much the builds.
Current Mood: Relieved
+Quote Post

SereneFlight
post Sep 15 2013, 05:55 AM
Post #10

Mr. good-for-nothing
Group Icon

FEPoints: 100,076,585
Member No.: 9,404

Silently should be in S-Rank!
Current Mood: If you see this, F*CKING SCROLL UP OR DOWN, NOW!!!
+Quote Post

Axel Almer
post Sep 16 2013, 12:50 AM
Post #11

Sword Emperor
Group Icon

FEPoints: 437
Member No.: 2,988

QUOTE(kaishin no chikara @ Jul 7 2013, 12:49 PM) *
I tried to put as many people as I thought were important. Hit me up with a PM if you want to be on.

I thought I would make something so that everyone would know their general standing. This is obviously biased since it's only from the perspective of two people, but I'll be as impartial as I can be. Note that someone else is working with me on this, so they've helped me determine your place if I don't know it. That means don't strangle me about your rank. D=

This includes anybody who's anybody (that's still around or is still talked about), even those who don't still play the game. I might have missed some. I noted this above.

- Shaq or Axel/Shariq/Axel Almer: Way too much reliance on glassy dodgy units and criticals. It's also worth nothing he obsesses over having high hit on his units. But that doesn't affect his placement, that's just how he rolls. It should also be noted that he has won a gold trophy from a legitimate tourney, but really suffers from not trying anything new now-a-days.

It seems you need to be taught something. I don't play regularly at all, and when I do come online now-a-days I try to play quick games as I can't complete 24 hour limit games anymore IRL etc. And the only reason I even play sometimes is when someone challenges me and I think "hey why not give ti a shout he's online too" They then go afk and I have other priorities then some miniscule game. Also what annoys me is that some challenges I encounter are two RN which completely mitigates my teams hit and dodge advantage, I tend to assume that the match is Single RN. >_>

Furthermore, my game has changed too as I have become markedly improved in unpromoteds as can be seen in my third major tourney placement. Also I play teams that are fun for me, glass cannons are fun and I enjoy playing with them especially when my opponent rages for missing their attacks. If I lose with them it doesn't matter, i'll improve upon them(if I have the time which isn't possible recently). Moving on, every trophy is legitimate by every player, if you want to determine skill then eliminate the lulzy trophies.

Also, I don't see free radical on the list, he was amazing.
Current Mood: FULL DRIVE!!
+Quote Post

Falaflame
post Sep 16 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

Buffs:

Haru: Her playstyle was way better than most of the C players, in all honesty. I'd place her in B.
Gears: Same as above. He's better than what you give him credit for. Anyone who can hold off Speedy and Shadow on a team in a 2v1 is pretty damn good, all things considered. B rank.
Leaden: His dancing much worth noting. He doesn't have a lot of units, but he makes good use out of what he has. C rank, please.
Niisan: He was the most feared player back when FETO first came out, and this was before Mint and Inan existed. A Rank please.

Nerfs:

Meneil: No offense, Mel, and I hope none taken, but I don't think you're A-rank material. You're good, but I don't consider you on the same level as SS, Harbleboy, Sora, Elliot, and Sax. Maybe you and Niisan can switch places.
Neji: I'm not so sure his dancing is much better than mine, all things considered. In fact I consider him on the same level as me. B rank. I'd also link to his brand new account.
JackAxl: I honestly think he and Shaq are still on the same level of competitiveness really. Maybe a little better. B, just above Shaq.

Still needs to be added:

Soul
Druggedfox
IG
faye
Yenfay
SuperKamiGuru
ATrueGayMaiden
+Quote Post

kaishin no chikara
post Sep 16 2013, 06:29 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE(Axel Almer @ Sep 16 2013, 01:50 AM) *
It seems you need to be taught something.

Intimidation tactics won't work on me.

Anyway, to the meat of your post...

I don't play regularly at all, and when I do come online now-a-days I try to play quick games as I can't complete 24 hour limit games anymore IRL etc. And the only reason I even play sometimes is when someone challenges me and I think "hey why not give ti a shout he's online too" They then go afk and I have other priorities then some miniscule game.

That sucks, but it doesn't change anything regarding the list.

Also what annoys me is that some challenges I encounter are two RN which completely mitigates my teams hit and dodge advantage, I tend to assume that the match is Single RN. >_>

You should play Meneil. She dodged like 3 80s and hit a couple 30s to win the match and then wouldn't play me in a 2 RN rematch. =(

Furthermore, my game has changed too as I have become markedly improved in unpromoteds as can be seen in my third major tourney placement. Also I play teams that are fun for me, glass cannons are fun and I enjoy playing with them especially when my opponent rages for missing their attacks. If I lose with them it doesn't matter, i'll improve upon them(if I have the time which isn't possible recently). Moving on, every trophy is legitimate by every player, if you want to determine skill then eliminate the lulzy trophies.

We should play some time... heheh.

Also, I don't see free radical on the list, he was amazing.

I won't doubt that Free Radical was a good player, but I put you on the list because you were still around. Almost nobody knows who Free Radical is, even if he did win a tourney. Free Rad's been mentioned like... twice in the chat... in the last year.

I bet if I mentioned Shogonis, you wouldn't have a clue. Yet his win/loss ratio (64/4) is better than Silently's.
+Quote Post

Falaflame
post Sep 19 2013, 02:29 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

>Responds to Shaq's post
>Doesn't even touch my nerfs/buffs.

Dangit Kaishin. :c
+Quote Post

Foe
post Sep 19 2013, 02:39 PM
Post #15

With a smile!
Group Icon

FEPoints: 3,185
Member No.: 1,694

QUOTE(Niisan @ Jul 7 2013, 01:51 PM) *
Additions to B: Mr. Sirius (as a duelist, as a tactician, easily above even Inan), Foe, Amoltamiss, Vongola.

WTF am I reading?

I only just noticed this thread but man, I suck at this game, Yzarc Drowsnam easily kicked my ass every time and no one even remembers him, I lost interest in FETO like 2 months into it.

Had fun being involved in the initial development and such but that's it. (Mostly pushing the growth rates so that stats always end on nice even values.)
Current Mood: Complacent.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2018 - 11:28 PM

Affiliates