Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) · IRC Chat

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Start Battle Bug, And what we can do about this ground-breaking bug.
Falaflame
post Jan 1 2014, 03:34 PM
Post #1

Flamey Master of Really Bad Puns!
Group Icon

Group: FETO Manager
FEPoints: 133,734,690,354
Member No.: 13,316

Skylessia Characters

Okay, it's no secret that the Start Battle page has crashed. (along with the map viewer, but that's nowhere near significant as this one)

The reason is simple. It's just the map cache getting corrupted. It's no one's fault. Not the members making too many battles. Not fensti/siro/our hosting provider screwing something up. Nothing like that. It was bound to happen eventually.

Siro's on indefinite hiatus at the moment, and fensti has been on vacation for a bit. But fensti should be back soon, and when he does return, I will see if we can get a temporary workaround until something gets done about this ground-breaking bug. And this temporary workaround may or may not work. If it doesn't work, fensti could just delete it as easily as you could delete your own battle.

So for now, be patient! I know it's been a rough past month, but please bear with us on this.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: Relieved
+Quote Post

sirocyl
post Jan 2 2014, 01:50 PM
Post #2

my face has three hands
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
FEPoints: 1,439
Member No.: 88,769

QUOTE(Falaflame @ Jan 1 2014, 03:34 PM) *
Okay, it's no secret that the Start Battle page has crashed. (along with the map viewer, but that's nowhere near significant as this one)

The reason is simple. It's just the map cache getting corrupted. It's no one's fault. Not the members making too many battles. Not fensti/siro/our hosting provider screwing something up. Nothing like that. It was bound to happen eventually.

Siro's on indefinite hiatus at the moment, and fensti has been on vacation for a bit. But fensti should be back soon, and when he does return, I will see if we can get a temporary workaround until something gets done about this ground-breaking bug. And this temporary workaround may or may not work. If it doesn't work, fensti could just delete it as easily as you could delete your own battle.

So for now, be patient! I know it's been a rough past month, but please bear with us on this.

I'm going to be slowly returning to action here, as well as on my/Shawn's gaming community, Iron Maiden Gaming.
[ shameless plug: http://im-ga.me/ ]

We might be partnering with feplanet to share server costs, since iM is extremely low-traffic for now, and feplanet's server (SurpassHosting) is more suited to my development style; this is all pending Fensti's approval, since he owns the site.
This will not affect feplanet in any way, and if it does, I will quickly move off so as to not affect feplanet/FETO's server in any way.

Update:
[2:51 PM] fensti: Just saw your comment about partnering your site with FEP for server costs. I'm cool with that. We can work out everything when I get back on Skype next week. (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/happy.gif)
[2:53 PM] Me: Sounds good. I'm on a free host (Zymic) so I can't do much with iM at the moment. I won't make a dent in the server at all. ;p
[2:54 PM] fensti: Haha. Fair enough.

So we'll do the talking for it in the coming weeks. I'm setting up an area on the server for it, but not making it public until it's all confirmed and such.

Regardless, I hope that over the blizzard snowdown lock-in, I'll be able to check in a patch to fix the cache.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: Uzbekistan
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2018 - 03:03 AM

Affiliates