post Apr 17 2013, 08:25 PM
Post #1

Flamey Master of Really Bad Puns!
Group Icon

Group: FETO Manager
FEPoints: 133,734,690,354
Member No.: 13,316

Skylessia Characters

Lately I've been noticing E and D-ranks in most Lv20 Team Battles, not only on my team, but on teams going against me too.

If you join a team Lv20 battle, and you expect to win, it's not hard to do. There's just one thing you have to make sure you have if you indeed want to win: Units with C-Ranks.

I'm sick of seeing teams with E or D-ranks in in weapon levels. This goes to any team Lv20 battles, but the one map where I feel is the biggest offender to this is Gauntlets. I know you're in a rush to get quick money, but REALLY, isn't there a better team you can put out there? >.>

The cutoff to where units are usable is C-ranks. Why? Several reasons.
-Forged weapons become more usable.
-Slayers. Armorslayers and Horseslayers both.
-Status tomes. Shimmer and Poison can fuck their shit whether your opponent has an advantage in weapon levels or not.
-Buff staves - Ward and Shield in particular.
-Remedy. You can heal your units from getting a shimmer or poison to the face.
-Dispel - You can remove the buff staff effects your opponent has against you.
-You can use status staves. With just Silence, but still, it's something.
-You can do more damage.
-You're open to 1-2 toys. Even forged knives/javelins/etc.
-Longbow. Enough said.

Look at all those advantages. This is why when you have C-ranks, you actually have a fighting chance when you're on a team, as opposed to bringing mostly or all E or D ranked units to a battle.

Now please, I hope you learn from this thread. I just want you to field teams that can compete. If you don't have any teams any higher than D-ranks, do training battles (battles where no one will kill each other and farm WEXP by using bronzes). I'll vouch to do them, and so will many others. Don't be afraid to ask. All of us are willing to help.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: Relieved
+Quote Post

Niisan
post Apr 17 2013, 11:25 PM
Post #2

Re-sublime Sensei
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 4,504
Member No.: 3,665

Good insight, and imma let you finish. In other words, you're saying to try hard (or is it one word?). Personally, I'm not too sick of seeing new 20/20s (congratulations young duelist!) getting their feet wet; that's how you get good and get good weapon levels. If you train normally (ie duel normally, ie not straight-up trainfest), you WILL hit 20/20 before hitting S-ranked on anything save a crithacker. That's mechanics. And I dunno about you, but I kinda like new, non arena-abusing duelists. Better than the absence of duelists that we had the last 5 years running, ne? (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/angel.gif)

So, the message is "tryhard moar." C-rank weaponry is one step, but really? What happens when Mint or I bash any scrub team with less than 6 staffers and more than their captain investing into skl/spd/luk/otherdumpstat? You'd call me an unrealistic, tryhard prick. And that's cool, that's right, and that's what should be done since it's against the spirit of the game. But in a sense, are you not going in that direction? I guess it comes down to "don't hate on the newcomers."

Point taken though: if I could shoutout to potential metagame changes and actually influence them (like before, not afraid to admit that, lol (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/Wymsy.gif) ) I'd actually think of scaling down the normal XP. FETO's always had an influx of lv1 new teams where ranged mages and riders dominate, and 20/20 where money and grudge dominates. And it needs a better "journey" phase where duelists actually fight through the levelling times, not just "day one, oh, spam purges are broken, wait till someone hits 20/20 oh wait, I got a friend lets grind in 1 day BOOM feto broken in 4 days-" has happened and we're still recovering.

(I'm pointing a finger at me more than anyone, so don't get too offended)

I'm weird. I actually want to lengthen the FETO journey of newcomers, not because I don't want competition, but because that was probably the best time when I was in FETO. I want fights to have a level-gain limit (5 seems very lenient), a weapon gain limit (1 would reduce ridiculousness), and a widespread bump in weaponry rarity, since even in your puny C-rank weaponry rant, it has become "I has moar moniez and haxstafs," what happens in a real grudge??

Don't get down on the 20/0s, and 20/0's, don't get down if us old fogies occasionally dump on you or each other.

But really. Are you really going to make new 20/20 duelists feel bad for not going all-out, calling them and their teams incompetent and all that? FETO isn't a balanced game, and willpower makes any opponent's team incompetent. I'm serious; go get Mint or Shiori and piss them off, and if they're civil enough to settle in on the field, any team's fate is decided before you even move. Even yours.

Tldr; we just got into a "my **** is bigger than yours." Let's drop it, ^^; (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/xP.gif)

(PS: Gauntlets are actually the place for underlevelled weaponry teams, since grudgers don't have time to set up and all you need to defend are your lowest-ranked toys. FD or Song? Good luck kupo.)
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

Falaflame
post Apr 18 2013, 05:36 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

But really. Are you really going to make new 20/20 duelists feel bad for not going all-out, calling them and their teams incompetent and all that? FETO isn't a balanced game, and willpower makes any opponent's team incompetent. I'm serious; go get Mint or Shiori and piss them off, and if they're civil enough to settle in on the field, any team's fate is decided before you even move. Even yours.

Tldr; we just got into a "my **** is bigger than yours." Let's drop it, ^^; xP.gif

(PS: Gauntlets are actually the place for underlevelled weaponry teams, since grudgers don't have time to set up and all you need to defend are your lowest-ranked toys. FD or Song? Good luck kupo.)

I'll be honest. I used to ba an all-out player. I kinda still am, sorta. But there comes a point where I get tired of curbstomping teams who never had a chance to begin with. On the other side of the token, I get stuck with these type of teams on my team and my doom is inevitable because of it. I don't mind it so much in 1v1s because I can just use just the D-ranks, but not so much in team battles, because not everyone is quite as rational.

In essence, I'm genuinely trying to help these guys who are doing this. So they know better when they join a team battle, and have a better chance to win. Or do you want the best players to stay the same year by year?

Edit: It may have sounded like I was forcing these guys a bit. I admit I was a bit angsty when making this so I changed the thread title and some of the 1st post a little to sound not as condescending, but still getting my point across.
+Quote Post

kryptonite
post Apr 18 2013, 08:21 PM
Post #4

Desolate Soul
Group Icon

FEPoints: 0
Member No.: 8,581

People learn better under adverse conditions.

Basically, people learn from losing over and over rather than being told x or y.
Current Mood: Content
+Quote Post

Falaflame
post Apr 19 2013, 11:43 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

Some people actually get turned off from losing over and over for long periods of time, and would rather learn from being told how things are done.

But conversely, some people get turned off from being told how things are done, and would prefer to learn by losing over and over for long periods of time.

Either way, point taken.
+Quote Post

Puntino
post Apr 19 2013, 05:05 PM
Post #6

FEPer
Group Icon

FEPoints: 110
Member No.: 86,914

Well, I indeed noticed that my lv.20 characters were useless against others in my first gauntlet battle.

While I do not support attempting to force choices on newer players, I do support the idea of creators of lv.20 team battle linking this topic in their battle's tags, so those unaware of the huge gap in difference between weapon levels will at least know that they'll probably put their team and themselves at a great disadvantage.
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th November 2018 - 03:01 PM

Affiliates