Ellis
post Nov 29 2011, 01:31 PM
Post #1

I LOVE THIS COMPANY
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 2,130
Member No.: 84

We're going to be migrating to a newer, more powerful server in a couple days, and although any downtime should be minimal, there may be some. We'll actually have just one server after the migration, as opposed to two, but with the different, and more powerful components, it'll actually be better than what we have now.

For the more technologically-minded of you the new server will have two Intel Xeon E5645 (6-core, 2.4 GHz), 24 GB DDR3 memory, and a 300 GB Intel 320-series SSD, in addition to a 1 TB HDD.

I don't know how long the migration will take, and once it's complete, there may be some intermittent (but short) outages over the following few days if I need to tweak any of the configuration at all, yup yup.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: bidoofbidoofbidoof
+Quote Post

Ellis
post Dec 1 2011, 07:19 PM
Post #2

I LOVE THIS COMPANY
Group Icon

Just an update; the move hasn't started yet, and it might be a little bit yet since we aren't quite ready to do it yet.
+Quote Post

Ellis
post Dec 6 2011, 01:29 PM
Post #3

I LOVE THIS COMPANY
Group Icon

The migration will most likely take place overnight tonight; the forums will be offline during this time to ensure that no data is lost during the migration.

EDIT: Change of plans, going to start this immediately, since there's a lot that needs to move.
+Quote Post

Ellis
post Dec 6 2011, 04:42 PM
Post #4

I LOVE THIS COMPANY
Group Icon

The move is now complete! If you know anyone having problems connecting to the new server, tell them to either try flushing their DNS cache (http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Flush_DNS), or simply waiting a few hours, as sometimes the DNS changes take time to propagate.
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 08:22 AM

Affiliates