post Jun 27 2010, 01:41 PM
Post #1

Don't be a betch.
Group Icon

Group: Members
FEPoints: 9,245
Member No.: 2,093

Radiance of Elibe Characters

"... And make it quick, we don't have all day to get this done!" A raspy voice commanded, sending off two of her trusted right hand men. It just so happened that Nataraja had a ship full of right hands. She watched Noel and Silvestre fly off toward the hulking landmass that was Begnion int he distance. At the rate they were going, making land would only take an hour or so, possibly less. She turned to a rather large, golden-winged hawk beside her. "You're confident we'll be able to pull this off, right?"

"What's this... Are those doubts I hear?" He inquired, stroking the stubble on his chin. "Ya know the ole lizard didn't place you under my care for nothin'" Indeed ,though Nataraja was the captain, there were several of her subordinates that had considerably more experience than the dragon.

"I'm hardly under your care, baldy. He just couldn't bring himself to let you go. Besides, the only reason I'm questioning this is because... Well, it's alot easier to loot and sink a ship... Attacking a town in the Begnion Empire? This has the potential to go terribly wrong."

"Mmm... Well, ya got me, Noel and the owl'll be back in a heartbeat... Nature Boy's back there taking in the scenery," He mocked, tilting his head to the white-winged heron looking out to the ocean. "And ya even got that parrot here."

"He's been below-decks for hours. I bet he'll just sleep through the whole raid, and then expect to take credit for it when all's said and done!" Nataraja clenched her fist. No way was she going to let some fruit-loop take all the credit for her glorious raid on a Begnion town. Looking out, one could see the Begnion soil approaching...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The harsh sun beat down on Procyon for what now seemed like an eternity. It was the height of noon on a scorching summer day, and with that flaming orb directly overhead, the breeze of the sea was the only thing keeping many people from passing out of heat exhaustion. With the exception of a slight sluggishness caused by the heat, the town of Procyon was at it's height. Along the coast were set up several merchant ships, sweating and barely clothed men and women loading up crates of goods onboard.

The sheer busyness of the town was astounding, with the streets fairly crowded and people constantly moving. One every corner was a vendor of some sort, selling everything from food and drink, to trinkets, even clothing accessories. One of the many men ferrying goods to and from the merchant vessels came to a loud thud, dropping his good all over the street. "Hey, what gives?!" He demanded, before getting a look at the person who had caused him to fall backward. She was a lovely young woman, long blonde hair and a face that... Well, he didn't quite know what to say.

"Lady Gwendolen?" A guard declared, a deep and stern voice as uniform as ever. It had to be her, the few other guests that were invited were already aboard. "The Baron has been awaiting your arrival. Right this way, miss." The guard led the way to the Baron's vessel, a small but lovely little yacht that would carry a few guests around the Begnion sea for a bit. The guest he was most excited for was lady Gwendolen, a Crimean countess. Apparently she was in Begnion for the time, and for whatever reason needed a small break -- Or at least, one would assume. "You must forgive us, the Sir Galilei will be arriving shortly. He asks that in the meantime you request the chef make anything you want." Apparently some mage the noble stumbled upon was a fantastic cook, so the Baron agreed to pay her a hefty sum in exchange for slaving over a hot stove. On the counter was a slip of paper with big bolded letters 'MENU' written across the top. Hopefully the cook would know what the slip was for...

OOC Note: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text
As a note, Dane, since I didn't realize going into this that Alma would be the only one whose involvement in the RP wasn't ironed out ahead of time, feel free to have Alma be the sessy blonde that knocked the guy down. Of course if you have other plans, that's fine too.
Go to the top of the page
Current Mood: Zzzzz
+Quote Post

Dahmun
post Jun 27 2010, 10:39 PM
Post #2

Angels Fall First
Group Icon

FEPoints: 2,885
Member No.: 5,500

Skylessia Characters

"Oh my! I-I am terribly sorry!" Alma stuttered with her face burning red. "I-I didn't see you there!" Truth was, she had her mind somewhere else. Another job was given to her and she was off yet again. This time it was another bodyguard job. Another noble. She had to help protect the man, but thing was she had to find him first. The crowd of people and boats didn't help at all. Alma was already lost which made her frustrated, and now bumping into a man and causing him to drop all his things didn't make her feel any better.

As she already held his attention she thought to her self, "Might as well go on and ask him." She paused for a moment before she nodded and smiled, still blushing brightly. "Baron Galilei, do you know where his ship might be?"
Current Mood: So-so
+Quote Post

Skittles
post Jun 28 2010, 01:07 PM
Post #3

"Evil Child"
Group Icon

FEPoints: 340
Member No.: 313

Gwendolen responded only with a simple nod to the guard's question, before following him onto the docked Yacht. While she didn't take the fanciest or most expensive of her clothing with her when she traveled—it would be impractical, not to mention a magnet for thieves—but she'd found something for the occasion. A simple outfit: A lilac purple dress, sleeveless and reaching just slightly past her knees when standing, and a pair of light gloves of the same colour. The gloves she wore mainly to conceal the mark on the back of her left hand, the mark of a spirit charmer, though all too often confused with that of a branded. She also wore a pair of white sandals—this wasn't a formal meeting, after all, and anything with much of a heel would have been rather impractical on the boat—and minimal jewelery, a few thin silver bangles on each wrist, simple earrings (which weren't very visible under her hair anyway), along with a silver chain around her neck, from which hung a spherical aquamarine gem.

While she left most of the tools she used for casting—her gauntlet and gems, notably—along with a few other things in a bag which she left with one of the guards, her necklace held one of those gems as well, and could be used to cast if she needed to. It didn't seem likely she'd need it, but she didn't like to be unprepared. Of course, she hadn't just left some of her most valuable possessions in the hands of the guards unprotected. She'd rigged up a fairly nasty trap if anyone were to try to remove anything.

She had been invited by the Baron Galilei to his yacht, which he had been planning to take out onto the water for a time, while stopping off in Procyon. She'd just been visiting a few old friends and checking up on some contacts in Begnion, though unfortunately there was still no word of her brother, and had seen the Baron's invitation as a good chance to take some time to relax before making the trip back to Crimea. As the guard had suggested, Gwendolen moved to take a look at the posted menu. She wasn't particularly hungry, but something to eat while she waited wouldn't hurt. She took a few moments to ponder over the choices, reading down the list, before looking over to the apparent 'chef'. "I'll just have some oysters, please," she placed her order, before taking a seat.
Current Mood: No data.
+Quote Post

Hystrix
post Jun 29 2010, 05:09 AM
Post #4

FEPer
Group Icon

Group: +Advisors
FEPoints: 27,887
Member No.: 69

Skylessia Characters

"Oysters, coming right up!"

After she gave off a half-salute, the cat laguz in the white uniform and white bandanna scurried off to the kitchen with the order. Alright, this was actually her first order since she ended up here, so she wanted to make a good impression. The girl checked around her workplace, as she gathered the ingredients she needed for what she got mind. Annoyingly though, there wasn't really anyone else around to help her this time, the other cooks were on break right now or something. Geez, even that ferry boat she was in had a better-staffed kitchen. Oh well, more credit to her.

In all honestly, Alya hardly expected a side job like this to come to her so easily in Begnion. From what she heard from others along the way, the folks around these part bore some pretty high standards; the most annoying of those was that they very much preferred humans to prepare their meals. Thanks to that random cookoff she started in LaPore though, she got really lucky. Turned out that a traveling noble really liked that buttered crab she cooked for that show, enough that she was eventually hired out for this little cruise trip out to the sea. No reason not to take it.

With such a huge paycheck on the line, the cat even found her current working conditions. The staff were also pretty nice for the most part, though sort of lazy as she quickly found out. They made her wear this uniform to be present, and also insisted that she wore this headwear to tuck her hair and ears in. Something she knew was understandable, it was only sanitary for one's hair (and fur) to be kept away from the kitchen as much as possible. There wasn't much she could do with the tail though, she just tried to keep it down as much as she could.

But that was enough about her, it was time to get this started. Oysters, that's was she asked for right? Well, good thing they received a catch of those things just a few hours ago, freshly shucked. Along with a few eggs, some flour, some of this horseradish sauce... oooh, she could mix them in and have these oysters fried in. Deep fried, in fact. That sounded good, if she so said herself. Alya went ahead and started frying some oil into the pan, while she got some of these oysters prepared. This was going to be a good impression, she was sure of it.
+Quote Post

Nexus
post Jun 29 2010, 09:53 AM
Post #5

Totally a peep
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
FEPoints: 11,310
Member No.: 2,639

Skylessia Characters

Xavier stretched, running his hands through his hair, ensuring that it was as pretty as it always was. He then pulled on his finest clothes, threw the whore's rags back at her. "Get dressed, and get the hell out of here, woman," the vulture snarled at her. "What a waste of money you were."

Chuckling to himself, the vulture put his boots on, before walking out of his cabin. Of course he had the captain's cabin, despite the fact that Nataraja was the captain. The vulture insisted on it, saying that it was character building for the dragon to live with the skivvies. The cabin was full of Xavier's fine goods, and he was living the life of luxury.

Blinking in the sunlight as he walked onto the deck, the vulture smiled widely as he greeted Nataraja: "Good morning, my dear Nata. Are you doing alright? What's the plan of action for today?"
Current Mood: :/
+Quote Post

Emperor
post Jun 29 2010, 03:04 PM
Post #6

Don't be a betch.
Group Icon

"Appears Lady Luck be smilin' down on me," The man smiled crookedly, revealing grotesquely decaying teeth between his crusty, chapped lips. "Why, if ah weren't in such a hurry I'd ask you ta tha local tavern fer a drink~" He continued, oblivious to the fact that he likely had no chance - not even a slim one - with the young woman. "But for now I'll settle with givin' ya yer directions... riiiight, there," He pointed to the rather luxurious yacht that was just one spot over from the ship he was to load his goods onto. Not a very bright one, is she? Best believe that's how ah like my women! He mentally mused to himself. "Now now, be safe little lady. Wouldn't want ya getting hurt before ya get a chance to repay me, eh? Gwahaha!" If the young woman knew what was best for her, she'd hurry off while he was gathering up his fallen cargo.

Casually overhearing(eavesdropping on) the conversation, the guards eyes the young blond as she began her approach. Muttering between the two ensued. "... Wasn't the last guest that countess, we just allowed onboard?" "Must be... All the names on this list are checked off." "I couldn't have made a mistake... But let's hear what she has to say, at least."

Sniff sniff "Goddess above, that smells absolutely divine~" A deep, somewhat scratchy voice mused. It was none other than the Baroness, a young fifty if she could say so herself, gently blowing smoke from her red lips. She sashayed over to where Gwendolen was seated, her eyes fixated on the young lady's hair. "For Ashera's sake, that color is absolutely divine!" She remarked, before inhaling and exhaling a bit more smoke. "What shade is that, a magenta? I simply must have it..." She paused before smiling. "Oh, how rude of me. Baroness Galilei, you are...?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nataraja looked Xavier up and down, doing little to hide how displeased she was with his behavior. First you insist on taking my room, then you stay below decks for half the day, as if you have no responsibilities? Men can be such children, I swear. At times like this, all the dragoness could do is wonder why men were in charge of so many places -- They were immature buffoons at best!

"The plan of action," She paused, noting the barely dressed female laguz that had fled from the cabins and flew toward land. This clown really wants to upset me, doesn't he? "We're raiding that town. Our scouts spotted a wealthy noble's yacht docked, not to mention all the merchant ships one could ask for. Noel and Silvestre have already reported the situation in town and have been sent into positions, not to mention the she-hawk that I had planted on the yacht," She stopped for a moment, looking to Marcel instinctively, for approval. "The plan is foolproof. When I give the signal, we emerge from the ship and launch our attack. From what we've heard, the town guard is laughable at best. They're sitting ducks." She smiled. "So you can just sit tight, got it?"
+Quote Post

Dahmun
post Jun 29 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #7

Angels Fall First
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

Alma thanked the man with a bow and wandered off to the ship. She was met with two stares from the guards and she tried her best not to get flustered. "Hello, I'm Alma. I was hired as a bodyguard for the Baron." Alma stood quietly as she just started blankly at the two men. But things just got awkward as they drew the same blank expression as her. "Oh, wait..." The girl fumbled around her satchel and took out a contract given to her by Father Zelig.

"Here," she said handing them the piece of paper, "my contract." It simply stated who she was and where she was hired from. It didn't say she was directly from a church, but stated that she was from a local mercenary group that took on little jobs from time to time. She quietly stood as her lips trembled with nerves, while she tried to keep a smile.
+Quote Post

Nexus
post Jun 30 2010, 03:54 AM
Post #8

Totally a peep
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

Xavier listened to Nata's plan, and he had to admit that it was good. "Why sit tight? We should just attack now. If we dock, they'll be able to attack the ship, as a way of stopping our escape. Let's strike now whilst they aren't expecting it, and we'll be in and out before the ship moors up. I'll just fly in and kick their asses. It'll be fun!"

Xavier chuckled. "I trust I'm getting a cut of the profits, m'dear?"

He then looked at Nata. "Lemme know whether we're going or not. I'm getting cabin fever stuck in here. Although, I'm sure I can entertain myself whilst I 'sit tight." He winked, before bowing low. "Cap'n."
+Quote Post

Hystrix
post Jul 1 2010, 10:54 AM
Post #9

FEPer
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

Startled by that nearby shriek, Alya peered from the window that linked the kitchen to the dinning hall. Was that... oh, that was probably the baron's wife, which meant that the baron himself should on the ship soon. And they were both probably pretty hungry at that. Well, it was a good thing that this oyster meal was good for six.

With a nod, she slid the window to a close and returned to her work in the kitchen. If there was anything to be thankful of with the rest of the staff not around, it was that there weren't any eyes to watch the cat as she cooked this in her own way. She already drained the fresh oysters with a small-scale water spell, which saved her time as mixed up her egg mixture on the bowl. The cat dipped the oysters in the mixture one by one, coated them in flour, and arranged them along a platter one by one until she was done. And that was when the frying pan came in, heated as she liked it in a conjured flame.

Several minutes were all she needed until the coating deep fried these oysters into a golden brown. When she was satisfied with how things turned out, Alya scooped up the oysters in a large platter. The cat threw in some leafy things to make it more presentable, and pretty much declared this done. "Here we go..." Platter in hand, the cook stepped out of the kitchen, and walked on over to where the Baron's wife and her guest were.

"Oysters, as the lady asked for." Alya brought her best smile as the platter was laid out in the table. She opened up the covering, which revealed the fried oysters in a puff of steam. Maybe it was a little too fried there... oh well, it was sure to taste great anyway. "Enjoy, please." The cook nodded, and stepped back so that the ladies could enjoy the meal. Should she stay around, then? She probably should, at least until the Baron came around. Until then, she kept smiling... rather nervously, at that. This was her first time cooking for nobility, after all.

OOC: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text
+Quote Post

Skittles
post Jul 2 2010, 10:10 PM
Post #10

"Evil Child"
Group Icon

Gwendolen's wait was interrupted as another woman entered the room... Older than Gwendolen herself, quite obviously, and her manner of speech came off as rather... grating, for lack of a better term. It wasn't something she was unused to dealing with, though, so Gwendolen put on a friendly smile to greet the woman—who was, apparently, the Baroness. Gwendolen chose not to respond to the baroness' remark about her hair, as it was something that inevitably got brought up wherever she went, she simply skipped to her own introduction.

"Gwendolen Iona Meredith, Countess of Veyolle, Crimea. A pleasure to meet you." Gwendolen gave her full introduction, trying to be as friendly as possible. It was becoming slightly more difficult, though, thanks to certain nagging thoughts that she simply couldn't get rid of. It wasn't the woman's mannerisms, Gwendolen was long used to such, and in fact it was no fault of the Baroness herself. More than anything, it was her age—not that she looked particularly old, but Gwendolen could make a good guess—which served only to remind her of things she would rather not have thought about. It was the fact that thanks to the pact she had made years prior, her own mortality loomed much closer than that of most others her age. By her estimation, she would be lucky to live to the age the Baroness was now.

It wasn't that she regretted her decision. Given a choice, she'd gladly do it again. Were it not for the abilities her pact with the spirit had given her, Gwendolen's research into and other experimentation with magic, which was the one thing she could spend time with that she actually enjoyed, she didn't think she could bear the monotony of the work associated with her position. Truth be told, she wasn't really one for politics, there was simply no one else available who she could trust with the responsibilities. Fortunately, Gwendolen's introspection was soon interrupted as the food was brought out.

As the chef uncovered the tray, Gwendolen took a moment to look at the food, which looked—and smelled—quite good, before her attention was drawn by something else. A tail. The chef's tail, to be precise. Gwendolen had no overt issues with laguz, even more so considering her city's relative proximity to Gallia, but it still caught her off guard to see one here, working as a chef for a Baron. Really, it shouldn't have been that big of a surprise—despite the opinions of some, she knew full well that laguz weren't savages, and they were bound to have talented cooks among them. Averting her eyes quickly, to avoid staring, Gwendolen returned her attention to the food.

"Thank you very much," she said simply. Some nobility she'd met thought it beneath them to acknowledge those in their employ in such a way, but Gwendolen was far from one of those people. Taking a bite, she was pleased to note that the food tasted as good as it looked. The Baron had hired a talented chef, especially considering the fact that she seemed to have been the only one in the kitchen.
+Quote Post

Emperor
post Jul 4 2010, 02:06 PM
Post #11

Don't be a betch.
Group Icon

The silver-haired dragon had to wonder just what her father was thinking by sending this odd parrot along on her trip. Did hereally think the birdy would be protecting her, or was it just part of some deal or something? Either way, this was one of the few times that she found herself questioning her father's judgment.

"Marcel," She called, looking to the large hawk again. "Could you go below decks and let everyone know our current status? Hurry back though, I'll need you in a moment." With that, Marcel was off to inform the rest of the crewmembers whose names she couldn't be bothered to remember. She spared a moment to walk over to the blond haired male looking out to the ocean. "Florentin, are you ready?" She asked of the man.

"Oh? Yes, of course... I was merely thinking." The Heron, despite being born and raised in Kilvas, was never necessarily the meanest or most ruthless pirate among Nataraja's crew. Nata always guessed he stood with them simply because he thought of most of the members as family, not because he actually enjoyed pirating. It is because of this that Nata tried her best to keep him out of harm's way.

"I'm certainly no Heron, but I can tell you'd rather not be here... So just, stick close, you know?" Well, there was land approaching. It would only be a moment before they were ready to disembark, so Nata decided to redirect her attention to Xavier, who was no doubt as restless as ever. "Now now, parrot. Just wait for Marcel and everyone come back. Then we can have some fun," She smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Really, now?" A soldier inquired, getting a look at the girl's document. "This list says that we already have one... Alma Alba on board."

"No no, I'm pretty sure this is the girl I invited," An unfamiliar voice, stated, approaching the two guards and the young woman. "Allow me to get a look at that," the gently wrinkled, gray-haired man demanded, kindly snatching the document from his guard's hand. "Yes, well this does appear legitimate. Now either you two have made a mistake or we've got a party crasher on my beloved vessel... I must say, I have to hope it's the latter." With that he made his way past the guards and onto the yacht, with Alma presumably following behind.

"Heavens, what on earth is that smell?" The scent coming from the kitchen was simply... Indescribable. "Ah yes, the Laguz cook I hired. I haven't even tasted your food and I can already tell I've done well to hired you."

"Oh Gabriel, these oysters are simply... Divine~" The baroness managed to exclaim, between her monstrous disposal of a rather... Large quantity of oysters. As the baron took a seat at the table, obviously lost in thought, the baroness turned her attention to Alya. "I must ask, what is your secret?"
+Quote Post

Dahmun
post Jul 6 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #12

Angels Fall First
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

Alma bowed and thanked the man, following him in. The man who had helped her in fact was the baron, Alma blushed just a bit when she found that out. She was silently following the man into a room where two women were already seated. There she noticed a laguz and the baron stated that she was the cook. Strange... Alma thought, either way it wasn't much of her concern. She stood by the door and watched as the nobles went on with their chatter.

Alma took notice of a beautiful woman sitting at the table. She was outstandingly gorgeous with long hair a soft shade of pink. Alma was envious, she blushed even more at the thought of herself becoming that beautiful. She had to get her mind back into the right order. The acolyte nodded trying to break her concentration of the beauty in the room and put it back on her job, which was to protect the baron.
+Quote Post

Nexus
post Jul 7 2010, 11:24 AM
Post #13

Totally a peep
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

Xavier was, to be honest, quite bored with all this waiting. There wasn't a lot he could do, though, so he decided to go back to his cabin, dragging a couple of the deck hands with him.

When they got to the cabin, Xavier popped open a flask of rum, and dealt out some cards. The three men then proceeded to start playing cards, all the while drinking.

The vulture didn't get drunk, he was a hardened drinker. The same couldn't be said about the deck hands, though. The two of them were snoring, passed out on his floor.

Xavier left them there, before returning to the deck and giving Nata a smile. "Can we go, yet?"
+Quote Post

Hystrix
post Jul 9 2010, 12:41 AM
Post #14

FEPer
Group Icon

Skylessia Characters

And here was the Baron himself, as well as some another lady... probably a second guest. This made Alya just a bit more nervous, she wasn't sure if all of them would like what she prepared, let alone whether she made enough for all these people. Her worries were somewhat dispelled though, when the Baron's wife gave lavish praise to the fried oysters. After whole bunch of them disappeared when no one was looking. Oh geez, did the lady just eat them all at once? Alya probably should have prepared some more...

"Oh... well..." The cat realized that a question was shot right at her. She couldn't help but scratch her head to that, though she knew she needed to give some sort of answer. Alya stiffened up, and gave an appreciative smile. "It's not much, ma'am... just an old famous recipe I came across with in Medencia." Living off in the coasts of north Crimea gave Alya a chance to learn a lot of seafood dishes, this was one her own personal favorites. "If ya like it, I can share it with the rest of your kitchen staff."
+Quote Post

Skittles
post Jul 15 2010, 10:13 PM
Post #15

"Evil Child"
Group Icon

The baroness apparently had quite the appetite, having eaten at least several times what Gwendolen herself had in a short amount of time. The taste probably factored into that—they were delicious, she had to admit, and living on a lakeside meant she ate quite a bit of seafood—but Gwendolen was by no means a slow eater, even when making an effort to be polite, and the baroness was... much faster. Before long, the baron himself showed up, in the company of another young woman Gwendolen did not recognize.

"I have to agree, the food is delicious," Gwendolen added her own praise, before pausing to allow the baroness to ask her question. Once the answer was given, she turned her attention back to the new arrivals, the baron specifically, and rose from her seat. "Baron Galilei, I presume?" She asked, rhetorically, already knowing the answer. "Gwendolen Iona Meredith, Countess of Veyolle. A pleasure to meet you, and my thanks for your invitation." She repeated her introduction with a slight bow, before returning to her seat.

OOC: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text
Sorry for the delay. Had my wisdom teeth removed last Thursday ( all four (IMG:style_emoticons/blue/x_x.gif) ), and my air conditioner broke down the next day, in the middle of a heat wave. Didn't really put me in the mood to sit down and write out RP posts, unfortunately, even one as short as this.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th February 2019 - 08:43 AM

Affiliates