Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weird RNG Experiences
FEPlanet Forums > Important Forums > Fire Emblem Tactics Online
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
A relic of FEP's past
Post your weird RNG experiences here!

I just missed TWO 87%s with a shaman. noes.gif
Foe
You can't beat statistical impossibilities.

Early FETO, I got crit by a shaman with a -2% chance of doing so.
A relic of FEP's past
QUOTE(Foe @ Apr 30 2008, 02:47 AM) *
You can't beat statistical impossibilities.

Early FETO, I got crit by a shaman with a -2% chance of doing so.

Those are not included, silly psio. noes.gif
Ellis
Double on 84 and miss on both pl0x

Miss on four attacks in a row which were ~70, ~80, ~90, and ~98 pl0x
Kovu
Missed at 98%. I suppose even mages with Wind spells can miss. sweat.gif

~ Kovu
Lizerus
Oh god, I wished that I grabbed a screenshot of it. Yesterday against Kay, three misses in a row with a fight with my Swordmaster against his/her(Don't know if Kay is a man or a woman, too lazy to check) Druid, all attacks were misses, and even still, my Swordmasters hit rate was 82%.
Zeiss
QUOTE(Kovu @ Apr 30 2008, 05:11 AM) *
Missed at 98%. I suppose even mages with Wind spells can miss. sweat.gif

~ Kovu

Not green haired mages... those kill everything in every FE. Everyone knows that.

The RNG hasn't done anything weird for me in FETO yet, but if general Fire Emblem stories count, my Edward with a Brave Sword once missed four attacks with 83%.
Ellis
This is just for FETO stuff, yeah. tongue.gif

The worst was today, when I got ROYALLY screwed over when I missed on two crucial killing blows of 85% and 88%. x_x.gif
Foe
QUOTE(Marcia's Bitch @ May 7 2008, 09:38 PM) *
This is just for FETO stuff, yeah. tongue.gif

The worst was today, when I got ROYALLY screwed over when I missed on two crucial killing blows of 85% and 88%. x_x.gif

I've missed 4 killing blows in a match before.
Shuusuke
...Two days ago I missed twice with 92% and 93% to hit...
Foe
I just wanna wait for the end game when I can kill people with 15% hit chances.
Kovu
My entire battle last night with OmegaAxl was a weird RNG experience. I gave him numbers advantage going in thinking I could handle it. At the time I was 13-0. Fuck, he didn't know how to miss. And I had 11-speed Mages on pillars. x_x.gif;

I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure he only missed one in around a dozen attacks at an average hit of 70%ish. What's worse, after his merc took one of the pillars I couldn't hit him until my third attempt. Missed with a mage (which he soon-after killed with a monk), a cavalier (even weapon's couldn't help) and my lord (given his odds of hitting were only 53%). That entire battle was lady luck pissing in my face.

My lord also has trouble putting his axe in healers. A blanket statement here. I use him to soffen up healers to allow someone else the killing blow, but he almost always misses them. x_x.gif;

~ Kovu
SnowboardingEckesachs
I feel out of place here, this seems to be the 'baaawwww about bad luck' thread noes.gif

Anyway, I don't recall ever missing, even on shots as low as 61% with a javelin. Maybe once or twice, but never any vital hits. Talk about wierd RNG experiences sealed.gif
Foe
Of course it's a "baw about your bad experiences" thread.
Dragon_Sniper
Actually, I was pretty lucky when I was playing Glen last night.

My shaman should have been killed a couple times, but she kept evading attacks. <3
A relic of FEP's past
Dak's monk just won't die. It took me an 87 and 83 miss (both bronze weapons) before finally hitting with a 60 and topping it with a 92.
Kovu
My new favourite word is "Whiff".

~ Kovu
A relic of FEP's past
QUOTE(Kovu @ May 10 2008, 04:29 AM) *
My new favourite word is "Whiff".

~ Kovu

I feel you on that, Kovu. x[

Just like I whooped Mr. Sirius's ass 5-0 without missing a single attack for once.
Mr. Sirius
Speaking of Weird RNG...

Aaron received a Brave Lance!

Twice in a row. Tell me, what's the chance of that happening?
A relic of FEP's past
QUOTE(Mr. Sirius @ May 15 2008, 07:10 PM) *
Speaking of Weird RNG...

Twice in a row. Tell me, what's the chance of that happening?

Wut... i thought you can only get one chest?
Ellis
No, two battles in a row. XD.gif

EDIT: I just lost my GORTS to a 1% critical. yelling.gif
sam388
I still can't believe I called that crit.....
The Forgotton Thief
i loss a battle cause of this thing, 4 move all above 80% one or two above 90%
A relic of FEP's past
As if my luck hadn't gotten worse...

Missed ALL counters except for one.
Missed a 91%
Got crit'd by 5%

I lost and it wasn't even my fault. I had Makarov where I wanted him.
Misha
A unit with 34 evade sitting on a forest gets hit by a unit with a hit rate of 104 and weapon triangle disadvantage.
Later that turn, the same unit gets hit by a unit with 98 hit rate and neutral weapon triangle.

I still had a chance UNTIL I missed a 94% chance to kill a unit. it survived, got healed, and finished me off.

Evil RNG.

Fun story, true story. I missed a 97% chance to kill on jeigan and it cost me the game.
Fun story, true story. I missed a 93% chance to kill on LurkerHunter and it cost me the game.
Dragon_Sniper
Battling in a four-way and Crysta's units have been having quite the difficulty hitting mine. :D
Niisan
...Anything to do with cheapshotting healers. The best example was with Vongola before he resetted: my three Mage Knights and my highest leveled Missionary all missed his bishop with 90% basic magic. It was pretty much over after that.

The most recent example? Missing 3 ~80% magics on OmegaAxl's namesake captain. If those hit, I could have had a longshot. Ah well, stuff happens. pinch.gif
Misha
Awesome battle between me and Seefinn.

turn 4 - mint

Patchouli Knowledge attacks! [Item - Flux]: 84%
It's a miss!
Mia could not atttack!

Alice Margatroid attacks! [Item - Lightning]:94%
It's a miss!
Mia could not atttack!

Ran Yakumo attacks! [Item - Iron Lance]: 100%
It's a hit! Mia takes 14 damage (9/23 HP)
Mia counter-attacks! [Item - Iron Sword]:~84%
It's a hit! Ran Yakumo takes 7 damage (13/20 HP)

turn 5 - seefinn

Alas attacks! [Item - Iron Bow]: ~84%
It's a miss!
Ran Yakumo could not atttack!

Seefinn attacks! [Item - Shine]: 100%
It's a hit! Ran Yakumo takes 7 damage (6/20 HP)

Mia attacks! [Item - Iron Sword]: ~84%
It's a miss!
Ran Yakumo counter-attacks! [Item - Iron Lance]: 100%
It's a hit! Mia takes 14 damage (9/23 HP)

turn 5 - Mint

Ran Yakumo attacks! [Item - Bronze Lance]: 100%
It's a hit! Mia takes 11 damage (0/23 HP)
Mia is defeated!

Alice Margatroid attacks! [Item - Lightning]: 93%
It's a miss!

Patchouli Knowledge attacks! [Item - Worm]:93%
It's a hit! Bela takes 8 damage (9/17 HP)

turn 6 - Seefinn

It's a hit! Ran Yakumo takes 7 damage (13/20 HP)

Alas attacks! [Item - Iron Bow]:~84%
It's a hit! Ran Yakumo takes 14 damage (0/20 HP)
Ran Yakumo is defeated!

Turn 6 - Mint

Patchouli Knowledge attacks! [Item - Worm]:93%
It's a hit! Alas takes 10 damage (9/19 HP)
Alas could not atttack!

It's a hit! Alas takes 11 damage (0/19 HP)
Alas is defeated!

turn 7 - Seefinn

It's a hit! Patchouli Knowledge takes 13 damage (11/24 HP)
Patchouli Knowledge counter-attacks! [Item - Worm]:~89%
It's a hit! Seefinn takes 7 damage (12/19 HP)

turn 7 - Mint

It's a miss!

Patchouli Knowledge attacks! [Item - Flux]:93%
It's a hit! Bela takes 11 damage (0/17 HP)
Bela is defeated!

turn 8 - Seefinn

Seefinn attacks! [Item - Shine]:100%, 1-2% crit
It's a critical hit! Patchouli Knowledge takes 39 damage (0/24 HP)
Patchouli Knowledge is defeated!

turn 8 - Mint
Alice Margatroid attacks! [Item - Lightning]: 94%
It's a hit! Seefinn takes 9 damage (10/19 HP)
Seefinn counter-attacks! [Item - Shine]: ~94%
It's a hit! Alice Margatroid takes 7 damage (13/20 HP)

turn 9 - Seefinn

Seefinn attacks! [Item - Shine]:~85%
It's a hit! Chen takes 7 damage (11/19 HP)

turn 9 - Mint

Alice Margatroid attacks! [Item - Flash]:100%
It's a hit! Seefinn takes 6 damage (4/19 HP)
Seefinn counter-attacks! [Item - Shine]:~90%
It's a hit! Alice Margatroid takes 7 damage (13/20 HP)

turn 10 - Seefinn

Seefinn attacks! [Item - Shine]:~85%
It's a miss!

turn 10 - Mint

Alice Margatroid attacks! [Item - Flash]:100%
It's a hit! Seefinn takes 6 damage (0/19 HP)
Seefinn is defeated!

This is every attack that happened this game (Chen and Bela are troubadours). Let's take a look at how many hits that weren't 100% hit/missed.
7 misses out of 18 attempted attacks under 100%.

Average miss rate of all <100% attacks: 10.6%
Average miss rate that game: 38.8%

That means the miss rate was 3.67x what it was supposed to be that game, making those 93% attacks actually hit at 75%, and the 84% attacks hit at 41%

If this wasn't a weird RNG experience, I don't know what is.

Scruffy
Someone missed me at a 98 chance to hit... it cost them the game hard core given it would've finished off my Pegasus Archer thus saving his Merc Lord.
JYAP
My friend used her Dark Knight, Nomad, Fighter, and Mage to all attack my Shaman.

Not only did she miss all four times, the resulting counterattacks got the latter three killed next turn. The % was probably between 70 and 85, too.
Tsuki akari
In a recent match against Biske, my level 18 Shaman attacked his promoted 20/3 SM equipped with an iron knife. The SM would have doubled my shaman (killing it), with 90+ accuracy each hit, and my shaman only had ~60% hit with Flux. My shaman hit, and his SM missed both times. XD
Scruffy
Augh! I has a Dark Knight set to attack a Raider.... which would've killed him. The accuracy was 86% and it was a miss. No biggie. Then, without healing my Dark Knight was attacked by the same raider who hadn't changed weapons. I missed the counter attack. Then I stepped back and attacked a third time which was also a miss. Three 86 hits all missed right in a row. For the record, there was less than half a percent chance of that happening. pinch.gif
Staticpulse
My latest fight was full of Angry RNG. My lord could've doubled (and killed) the enemy troubadour at ~85% or so and I end up missing one of the double attacks. Same thing happens to my Mage attacking one of his Templars (89% or so). Needless to say it was an infuriating round.

Later that same fight, my Mage attacks his Archer and misses her attack. And gets a face-full of arrow in return, bringing her down to killable range. Next turn, the archer fires and misses while my Mage hits her attack. I ended up winning thanks to that miss.
Fire of the King
missed a 99% chance then a 92% before my acontet reset facepalm.gif
Chino
My Shaman double attacked a knight with 89% chance to hit and missed BOTH times. Then later my Wyvern Rider double attacked the same knight with hammer, had 57% chance of hitting, and hit BOTH times, winning me the battle.
Lord Ruby34
Missed the winning kill THREE TIMES with 88% chance to hit and my opponent missed the same guy twice on the same turn
Lithe
My Lord has missed 97% attacks.
>.>
<.<
Thats wierd enough for me. *sigh*
Lord Ruby34
Missed FIVE 50% in a row on his lord to...then hit a 28% chance still didn't get the kill becouse my 93% missed twice in a row i Finnaly won that battle
Sharo
I miss with 99% very often. Especially when I choose iron over bronze. =_=
maseck
I missed twice on ~80-90 hits. I hate had huge amounts of trouble coping with a ton of early battle misses two battles before.
Sate2112
When Im attacking with my Lord (with an axe) her hit actual chance of hitting anything without a lance is about 50, even if its supposed to be 80+, she misses so much. But she has never missed anyone with a lance, even though her hit was 33 once.

wierd and sucks
Misha
Just got ponied by Pahhur.
I've got three units left to his one.
Yuyuko Saigyouji attacks! (88%)
it's a miss!
Pahhur kills Yuyuko.
Alice Margatroid attacks! (66%)
it's a miss!
Pahhur hits Alice for more than half life.
Chen heals Alice Margatroid.
--
Pahhur kills Chen
--
Alice Margatroid attacks! (66%)
it's a miss!
Pahhur hits alice for more than half life.
--
Pahhur kills Alice.

Any of those three attacks would have killed him.
Tsuki akari
I just had a battle with 3rd Latte. RNG totally cost me the game.

Monk had 91% hit rate on his scout. His scout had 66% with his iron knife. Scout hits...monk misses.
Niisan
Might as well post my last run with Deedee...I officially have someone which offends the RNG more than Lamia...

5 attacks: 3 attacks, 2 counters. Alfimi has at least 80%. Nothing. 0-for-5. GO figure.
Tsuki akari
Just had another one.

My missionary could have doubled Zen And Tonic's sniper while he had a long bow. Had a 94% chance of doubling with lightning.

Elysium attacks! [Item - Lightning]:
It's a miss!

Yeats could not atttack!

Elysium attacks a second time! [Item - Lightning]:
It's a miss!

Elysium gained 1 experience point!

Yeats gained 1 experience point!

He proceeds to kill off the missionary with a killing edge on his turn. Then I put my SM up against his with a killing edge. We both had a 74% chance of hitting each other. And of course his SM connects and mine whiffs. Needless to say, I lost after that.

Archaeus
It's not an unlucky one, at least not for me, but I have had plenty of game-costing misses anyhow.

First game I ever played on FETO, my mage lord had a 1% crit chance with Fire against the enemy knight lord and OHKO'd him from full hp. I was elated and confused.
Archaeus
http://feto.feplanet.net/battle/view2/13995

Go look at the battle logs and tell me that isn't one of the most RNG-skewed battles possible. This seems like a real problem...
Stalker Sasqatch
RNG hates my friend. Whenever we battle, he always misses, even when his chance to hit is 80%+. At first we thought it was just luck, but it always happens to him. We might resort to using just bronze/starter tomes just so we won't have a chance of being screwed over by a 95% chance of hitting.
Revolutionary Mercenary
QUOTE(stalker sasqatch @ Jun 25 2008, 01:33 AM) *
RNG hates my friend. Whenever we battle, he always misses, even when his chance to hit is 80%+. At first we thought it was just luck, but it always happens to him. We might resort to using just bronze/starter tomes just so we won't have a chance of being screwed over by a 95% chance of hitting.

I'm the friend stalker sasqatch was talking about. And he's right, http://feto.feplanet.net/battle/view/14367 check the battle logs, i gave up after i realized that i basically didn't care anymore and that i would have lost regardless of anything i would have done. but yeah, even he got a bit screwed over when i let him slaughter me which left me with a few laffs. But in all seriousness, the FETO designers should really take a good look at the system. cause really, how can you honestly say your gonna have a true online FE experience, if your missing high percentage hits!? Though, i hope the designers don't take that the wrong way, FETO is a very amazing way to play online fire emblem. its actually much how I imagined it would be if nintendo/intelligent systems made it themselves! There's just a few kinks that need some tweaking.
Archaeus
QUOTE(therevolution @ Jun 25 2008, 02:05 AM) *
QUOTE(stalker sasqatch @ Jun 25 2008, 01:33 AM) *

I'm the friend stalker sasqatch was talking about. And he's right, http://feto.feplanet.net/battle/view/14367 check the battle logs, i gave up after i realized that i basically didn't care anymore and that i would have lost regardless of anything i would have done. but yeah, even he got a bit screwed over when i let him slaughter me which left me with a few laffs. But in all seriousness, the FETO designers should really take a good look at the system. cause really, how can you honestly say your gonna have a true online FE experience, if your missing high percentage hits!? Though, i hope the designers don't take that the wrong way, FETO is a very amazing way to play online fire emblem. its actually much how I imagined it would be if nintendo/intelligent systems made it themselves! There's just a few kinks that need some tweaking.

Well first of all there's the oft-repeated point that FETO ≠ FE, but I won't get into detail about that. However, even in canon FE games, you can have your share of 80+ misses. When it happens, you double take, move on (or restart >.>) and try again. There's a reason it's 83% or 95% and not 100%. It adds to the whole risk vs. reward aspect of the game.

I agree with you, missing can really mess things up, but if it's a really consistent problem then you might consider dumping more stats into SKL, though that will cost you in other areas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.