Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character creation
FEPlanet Forums > Important Forums > Fire Emblem Tactics Online > Announcements and Updates
Ellis
The cost per new character has increased from 350 gold to 500. However, new characters will also have iron weapons, in addition to bronze weapons.
Hitsugaya
That's brilliant.
Jericho
Really KOOl
chronofreak
The section that says "Useable Weapons (Starting Item):" should be updated to include the iron as well as the bronze weapon, no? Also, on a side note, why do we still have "Attack Speed" in our units' info section?
Ghost of FETO Past
do we get some tax returns for past created characters?
Ellis
QUOTE(chronofreak @ Jun 10 2009, 10:09 PM) *
The section that says "Useable Weapons (Starting Item):" should be updated to include the iron as well as the bronze weapon, no?

true

Also, on a side note, why do we still have "Attack Speed" in our units' info section?

idk

QUOTE(Kaguya Houraisan @ Jun 10 2009, 10:15 PM) *
do we get some tax returns for past created characters?

maybe
Wind
Good job. *thumbs up*
Beemo
Mike likes Tax returns. grin.gif 150 per character?
Daemo
If we mention the attack speed thing, then why the hell is it that speed still is the only stat screwed by weapon weight? You lose a point of speed's effectiveness every weapon weight, while any other stat just loses a point of skill activation rate. Food for thought.

And on the tax refund issue... 150 per character after the first 6, the first 6 would get 300 if we want to be completely accurate, though that's more a nitpick than anything else. I certainly wouldn't say no to a windfall of 9k for my 60 characters... Though Inan's 200+ characters giving him 30k makes me laugh inside.
Insider2000
Sweet. There is no negative to this idea!
Woopbang
cat.gif This might sound silly, BUT not all chars are limited to a single type of weapon.
So can we get an option as to what the iron weapon will be for that char?
Id love my Knight to have a Bronze sword and a Iron Spear.
Insider2000
QUOTE(Woopbang @ Jun 12 2009, 03:22 PM) *
cat.gif This might sound silly, BUT not all chars are limited to a single type of weapon.
So can we get an option as to what the iron weapon will be for that char?
Id love my Knight to have a Bronze sword and a Iron Spear.

The only issue with that is that Knights/Guards/Footmen would have to cost extra. Perhaps 650-750 gold.

That's four free weapons and a new character you're getting for 500 gold.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love that. But people could easily abuse that to get extra weapons, and never use those heavy units.
Knightmare
They're only getting their "main" weapon.
Guards get axes.
Knights get lances.
Footmen get swords.

Problem solved.
Ellis
I'd thought about that, but the problem is then, either I'd have to make Armours cost more to make, or, I'd have to completely increase the cost to create characters. And then, the first solution would also mean I'd have to charge people for them if they're among their first 6 free characters as well.
fensti
Or you could allow users to choose which weapon type they start with.
kryptonite
Or get Bronze in their "secondary" weapon (Guards -> iron Axe + Bronze Lance)
Ellis
Or people could just buy them themselves. dry.gif
Hitsugaya
QUOTE(Cassandra Wong @ Jun 12 2009, 09:17 PM) *
I'd thought about that, but the problem is then, either I'd have to make Armours cost more to make, or, I'd have to completely increase the cost to create characters. And then, the first solution would also mean I'd have to charge people for them if they're among their first 6 free characters as well.

Hahaha, in tourneys where all units start with bronze, iron, steel. I made my team of 6 -8 units, or something around there. Then I made the rest generals to sell the items for extra cash wink.gif

That is the 10 unit tourneys tho, which we couldn't bring our own units into.

(not sure how related to your post that was tho...^^; )
Woopbang
QUOTE(fensti @ Jun 12 2009, 10:38 PM) *
Or you could allow users to choose which weapon type they start with.

cat.gif I love this man for what he has figured out, this is what i was talking about.
I don't want a system where i can get all of their weapons. I just wanted to be able to pick which one of the iron they started with.
No need to adjust costs or anything like that, just a simple click it option to flip back n forth.
Diego Armando
QUOTE(Cassandra Wong @ Jun 12 2009, 08:27 PM) *
Or people could just buy them themselves. dry.gif

y

I say give 'em both. Either that, or the weapons aren't actually free. There's no point in giving a Templar Flux, but there is a point in giving an Armor their other weapon, whatever it may be.

It's not that big a deal.
Neptitude#4338
Yeah, um.
I see some scrambled ideas here.
In my unhumble opinion, the two-weapon guys get the Bronze of both of their weapons and other classes have their Irons worn down a bit (like, 25/40 uses left), and then the new cost lands between the original 350 and the new 500.

Nah, that idea sucks. It's fine the way it is; gold comes rather easily and the item shop is a click away.
kaishin no chikara
QUOTE(Rey_JJJ @ Jun 16 2009, 11:01 PM) *
Yeah, um.
I see some scrambled ideas here.
In my unhumble opinion, the two-weapon guys get the Bronze of both of their weapons and other classes have their Irons worn down a bit (like, 25/40 uses left), and then the new cost lands between the original 350 and the new 500.

Nah, that idea sucks. It's fine the way it is; gold comes rather easily and the item shop is a click away.

What if we wanna make all armour teams? noes.gif
Neptitude#4338
QUOTE(Kaishiney @ Jun 17 2009, 08:19 AM) *
What if we wanna make all armour teams? noes.gif
Then we let our Adepts, Templars, and Dark Knights rip you to shreds, that's what dumblook.gif .
Gee, um, no change teehee.gif ?
Ellis
QUOTE(Daemo @ Jun 11 2009, 03:26 PM) *
If we mention the attack speed thing, then why the hell is it that speed still is the only stat screwed by weapon weight? You lose a point of speed's effectiveness every weapon weight, while any other stat just loses a point of skill activation rate. Food for thought.

Missed this before; weapon weight may only affect AVD, but weapons as a whole affect every battle parameter, with exception to CEV - that's like saying "why is ATK the only thing affected by MT" or "why is HIT the only thing affected by ACC," really.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.