Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tournament maps
FEPlanet Forums > Important Forums > Fire Emblem Tactics Online
Ellis
Since it's becoming a bit obvious that some maps are a bit flawed for tournaments, I thought I'd post a thread specifically about getting some maps that are big enough as to not have people get cornered and such, for tournament battles in particular. I'm looking for about 10 or so, maybe, to be made, trying to keep up a variety of different layouts and themes.

Basically, the only limitations are that these maps need to before two players (or more, really, but they need to be suitable for playing with 2 players), and need to be big enough for both sides to manoeuvre around. Nothing like Cololosseum or FD, where one team is basically cornered after the first turn. There could be something like a larger version of Lava Field, for example, perhaps widening the bridges a tad as well, or something like that, they don't need to all be completely open.

Chests also don't matter a whole lot, either, since they're disabled for tournies anyhow. Though I don't think there are too many 2-player maps without them, so it might be worth making a few as well.

Thanks in advance to any contributors. happy.gif
Hitsugaya
A little off topic, but I know you have disable some maps for the tourneys for specific reasons.

This map tho http://feto.feplanet.net/map/55 gives flier a huge advantage. Anyone could use a normal unit to attack then rescue it over the wall, and things like that.

If you see all the possibility's on that map.
Shuusuke
Ahem.

I'm thinking of making a map similar to FE10's endgame, the one where you fight Ashera. Same format and with some terrain, not like wardwood and cover though. awesome.gif

This looks viable?
Ellis
Sure... though I won't be making the terrain nearly as powerful as it is in FE10, lol. dry.gif
Shuusuke
So, I guess Wardwood, Cover, (insert name for dodge one here) and maybe even HADES might happen?

QUOTE(Cassandra Wong @ Jul 3 2009, 12:11 AM) *
Sure... though I won't be making the terrain nearly as powerful as it is in FE10, lol. dry.gif

i r not much dumb lol

Here you are:

MAP: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text

Cyan tiles give no bonus. Outside that pattern they are No Siege and inside Plain, Floor, etc. Triangular ones have a *.
Blue ones would be Wardwood. +3 Res? +3 Res - 3 Def? hmm.gif
Those...weirdish dark green would be Cover. +3 Def? +3 Def -3 Res? hmm.gif
Green ones would be (insert name for dodge one here). +30 Dodge? +30 Dogde -1 Def/Res? hmm.gif
White ones are Reduced Movement.
Black is HADES.

y/n? Comments, Bullets or Suggestions?
Oh and I shall code it once terrain stuff gets defined.
Ellis
Hades...? What's that supposed to do? I don't even remember that at all from FE10. dry.gif
Shuusuke
QUOTE(Cassandra Wong @ Jul 3 2009, 02:55 AM) *
Hades...? What's that supposed to do? I don't even remember that at all from FE10. dry.gif

Kinda...you know "step here and you'll fall to doom" thing?
Anywhere inside the tower that didn't have floor was Hades.
Only fliers could pass it, but not stop on it.
I guess they can be coded as *mountains...though people would say "lol I think that's not a mountain".
Ellis
Oh.

That can just be a generic blocked tile or whatever then. dry.gif
Misha
http://forums.feplanet.net/index.php?s=&am...st&p=683184

1v1 map.
Granted, for tournament purposes, it's fundamentally identical to Night Sparrow. >_>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.