Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Future of FETO
FEPlanet Forums > Important Forums > Fire Emblem Tactics Online > Announcements and Updates
Pages: 1, 2
fensti
Since Jeff has become rather busy because of GTS+, GPX+, and just life in general I asked for the possibility of having access to the FETO admin options so I can start running stuff on FETO. This is still being worked on, and hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll be able to set up tournaments and auctions and do some other stuff relating to FETO. Once it is up and running again an email will be sent out with info on FETO and other items that are going on on FEP.

happy.gif
kryptonite
That sounds great! Hopefully activity will be rejuvenated! happy.gif
SereneFlight
QUOTE(kryptonite @ May 4 2010, 12:44 AM) *
That sounds great! Hopefully activity will be rejuvenated! happy.gif

^ T h i s ! : k o n a t a : (<-facepalm.gif)
Then people would finally get their resets and some people out from battles where they are stuck...
Niisan
Congrats, good luck, and Elimine bless.

Just remember that, provided you get access, who you are. You'll be the head of this operation (which can and will be often thankless and annoying). You don't have to be the best duelist, and you definitely don't have to take personally some of the stuff others (and probably myself ^^) will fling, and just make sure there's a Fire Emblem Tactics Online that is as enjoyable as possible for everyone.

...right, all I can say is "good luck." magic.gif
Burninghart
I wish you the best of luck! D:It'll be nice to finally have some activity going on on FETO. I can't wait to take part in my first real tournament.
xdxd
Good luck I guess..have hell loads of fun with Mints number walls..
Sparrow
Greet, finally some action on FETO again. Don't get me wrong SaS was/is great, but , life can be stressful and he needs to take a break. Even though he won't be in control of FETO anymore he'll probably find a new spot in the Administrators and hopefully stay just as famous as before.

P.S. I know FETO isn't the only thing on FEP that he is famous for.
SereneFlight
QUOTE(Sparrow @ May 16 2010, 05:44 AM) *
Don't get me wrong SaS is great, but, life can be stressful and he needs to take a break.

Eh... When I said that he's not around here at FETO section, I meant that he's busy with other stuff...

QUOTE(Fensti)
Since Jeff has become rather busy because of GTS+, GPX+
QUOTE(Crimea River @ May 10 2010, 04:35 AM) *
SaS hasn't been available to provide account resents--GTS+ has kept him really busy-
Sparrow
i know that... but he needs to take a break and get his life in order. Why don't you try to manage 3 different websites at the same time... I would be very difficult...I'm surprised it took this long to snap...
fensti
Update:

Jeff hasn't had time to make the changes necessary for me to be able to properly use the FETO Admin stuff so for now there's no progress. Sorry. sad.gif
xdxd
lol I am thinking you might not get the powers and he himself might return by Mid-June.
fensti
QUOTE(.:JackAxl:. @ May 20 2010, 01:11 PM) *
lol I am thinking you might not get the powers and he himself might return by Mid-June.

Yeah, that could happen. Haha. If that happens I'm fine with that, though I hope he sets it up just in case something does come up so I could handle stuff too.
Carlton
QUOTE(Brad @ May 20 2010, 09:25 PM) *

Yeah, that could happen. Haha. If that happens I'm fine with that, though I hope he sets it up just in case something does come up so I could handle stuff too.

That's asking for far too much though. I predict that he's gonna get too involved with his "lady" to give a fuck about us. noes.gif
fensti
QUOTE(Rugal @ May 21 2010, 03:10 AM) *
QUOTE(Brad @ May 20 2010, 09:25 PM) *

That's asking for far too much though. I predict that he's gonna get too involved with his "lady" to give a fuck about us. noes.gif

"Involved" for him is standing within five feet of her. awesome.gif

But in all seriousness, I think he will do something. It's probably closing in on finals for him so I don't blame him for not doing anything. Though if he keeps doing stuff on GPX+ then I may bring it up with him.
VagabonDestitude
Has there been any progress on this recently? I love FETO, but it is just missing stuff without tournaments and auctions, ect. It is getting monotonous.
Crimea River
We still haven't gotten any word from Jeff. :/ I'll see if Zerxer can get ahold of him again...
Haar ><>
1) I get the feeling SAS is wymsy(I play both FETO and GPX, but im only on this forum)
2)Why wasnt there the standard three Devs to start?
SereneFlight
Wymsy is Wymsy and SaS is SaS.
(Here, SaS is 'Ellis' and in GPX, he's 'Big Bidoof' (MSN Screen Name swordsareshiney@gmail.com))
kryptonite
What exactly is GPX? I thought it was just a website and forum... o.o
SereneFlight
Global PokedeX plus (remember those pokemons in my signature?).
kryptonite
Oh, yeah... I was a bit confused when I read the site-- I thought it was like shoddybattle. >_>;
SereneFlight
I dunno but I think I read that there was something that you can battle with other people so... I guess it's somehow like shoddybattle too...
Malishice
QUOTE(☢Tygr☢ @ Jun 25 2010, 02:15 PM) *
I dunno but I think I read that there was something that you can battle with other people so... I guess it's somehow like shoddybattle too...

Ahh.. Not really. The battling thing is a new feature that just came out a few weeks ago. You just put a guy in and set him to be aggressive, be defensive, or be in the middle of those two and you set one of the divisions for them to go in. SaS (That is Big Bidoof, yeah?) has been updating GPX+ a lot. I hope this site gets a boost soon, though. I want campaigns and tournaments and all that business.
Haar ><>
Did anyone think of Bugging him on GPX? I have an acct. I could do it -_-2.gif
Reikken
QUOTE(firetools @ Jul 12 2010, 10:36 PM) *
Did anyone think of Bugging him on GPX? I have an acct. I could do it -_-2.gif

DO IT

In fact, everyone with a GPX account should. That'll probably be more effective.
The Homie Jaffar
..>.>

Still nothing..
xdxd
Ha...! Futile attempts. Lazy ass SaS won't bother touching this game, not before April I think.
SereneFlight
I wouldn't say lazy... I just think he should pay some attention at this too. urgh, Sas has betrayed FE fans! Burn him! (not really).
tehasianguyXD
Is FETO now "Dead"? walloftext.gif
Falaflame
QUOTE(tehasianguyXD @ Nov 12 2010, 03:52 AM) *
Is FETO now "Dead"? walloftext.gif

Safe to say so. And the domain is likely going to expire soon. If someone doesn't do something, we're without both FETO and FEP.

I've seen Brad is trying his hardest to get FETO on his hands, but since he hasn't posted about this since, I'll bet SAS just wants this site to die.

My advice: Enjoy what is there now while you can.
Lithe
It's too bad someone is so willing to let something he has spent so much time and effort on, to just "die".
Burninghart
All this time, and still...

Damn. This is so wrong. I was hoping that by now maybe the site would've been back in order, but I guess it's over, huh...?
T just T
Reading this topic makes me feel depressed, so sad and true with the ever increasing number of server errors among other things. why.gif
King of Knights
The worst part about this I can't do crap but watch it all go down...
SereneFlight
Actually every FETOer is helping by playing it (:
Crimea River
I just wish so badly that I had the ability to start tournies and reset accounts. :/
SereneFlight
We all do >:
I'm still wondering why SaS didn't give powers to manage FETO when he didn't bother/have time to do it anymore...
Falaflame
QUOTE(Pura, Goddess of the PinkWorld:3 @ Feb 3 2011, 08:37 AM) *
We all do >:
I'm still wondering why SaS didn't give powers to manage FETO when he didn't bother/have time to do it anymore...

I think it's just come to the point where SaS flat out doesn't care about FEP anymore. It's not just FETO; look around. The place just feels stagnant. That's why I haven't bothered posting around in the other forums other than here. Then you take into account all the server errors, registration failures, and a plethora of downtimes. If he cared about FEP, we would be having none of these problems.

Someone's going to have to do something if they want to save FEP. I wish I could, but I have no spare money to help out, nor any coding experience beyond HTML. Yes, there is only one way to save FEP and that's to buy the domain (and its servers) from SAS himself. If all else fails, you could always try to email the people that SAS bought the site and its servers from and inform them of the situation.

To put it into summary: If we want to see FEP live another day, someone's going to have to pitch in. And this isn't an ordinary domain; SAS will demand for a lot. I just hope we have someone on this forum, not only capable of buying the domain and its servers, but to provide the necessary coding work.

Of course, we risk the possibility that we may never have any tournaments, auctions, or account resets ever again, but at least the site will live. I'm just looking at the bright side of when someone does something to help our cause.
fensti
I've sent him a couple IMs in AIM asking about when he is going to change this to allow Jamie and myself to start making tournaments and stuff and he just ignores them.

I think I may start sending him PMs on GTS+ or something.
Crimea River
If I had the money, I would have asked SaS if I could buy the domain and server for FEP from him. My friend who lives not too far from him is trying to find him, though, to talk to him in person about this.

It's not just FETO that we need the power to administrate, or the errors we need to fix; the site itself is severely outdated. There is the new FE, and no-one to upload new sprites, information, or art to the site. We're losing our position as the top FE media site. :/ Without an active root admin, there's security issues too. And if some worse error happened, I doubt there'd be anyone here to fix it.

I hope SaS/Zerxer realises what is going on, and takes the time to give us the power to take care of these things, and fixes the errors. FEP still has life. It has its RPs, and its loyal members, in addition to new members who come and register (I tend to get about one PM a day asking me for validations).
Prince_Ludwig
...This is still alive?

Oh, I guess it isn't in spirit.

Edit: I just came here to get some Original Characters from my FETO biographies.
kingraven
i have been looking forever for a site with FE multiplayer and i refuse to sit back and watch it die. i am currently attending school for programming (games, computers, the like) and if there is a way i could help out i will. granted im only in my second quarter but i can learn just about anything from the internet.
King of Knights
QUOTE(grim @ Mar 4 2011, 10:53 PM) *
i have been looking forever for a site with FE multiplayer and i refuse to sit back and watch it die. i am currently attending school for programming (games, computers, the like) and if there is a way i could help out i will. granted im only in my second quarter but i can learn just about anything from the internet.

Too bad we can't do much without SAS
kingraven
QUOTE(Alex Gaskarth @ Mar 5 2011, 09:45 AM) *
QUOTE(grim @ Mar 4 2011, 10:53 PM) *

Too bad we can't do much without SAS

i know but if by some miracle we can get control of this site then ill pitch in to the best of my abilities.
Reviving Fairy
I have a suggestion for everybody. I'm just a regular person that tried giving this a spin but due to how much of a crack shot it is to organize games I lost interest. It's a shame really, the game itself looks really fun to play.

So we can't do much about the stagnant development and maintenance, right? Until the miracle comes that the person in charge wakes up, why don't you folks get together and try to find a way to make this more accessible to newcomers and people looking for a game instead of lounging around being a closed garden of players holding up signs reading "the end is near"?

For instance, I heard there was an AIM blast group. Try setting that up--or something along the likes of--again. Don't pay much attention to the inactivity it'll probably face due to this game collecting cobwebs. I'd like to bet that if you set up a general place to sit down and chat/arrange games, you'll definitely see a bit more activity. That, and I can get into this site proper.

Work together. Figure out how to improve accessibility because by the looks of it, this really needs it, and it's something you don't have to wait for super admin to come down and solve.
Falaflame
QUOTE(Reviving Fairy @ Mar 6 2011, 04:12 AM) *
For instance, I heard there was an AIM blast group. Try setting that up--or something along the likes of--again.

QUOTE(Mystia Lorelei)
The blast group is dead. The one who could admit new people rarely appears online anymore, and the four or so people that used to frequent it no longer do.

Sadly, we're better off creating a new FETO AIM Blast.

In my honest opinion, however, due to the stagnant flow of the boards (the only active boards are the RPs and the dreaded RSS), I doubt the idea will be largely supported by people here, and thus, won't get popular at all. In fact it will make the group as dead as the 'official' blast. Not to mention, everyone who used to use the 'official' blast group goes to phailpail instead.

It doesn't hurt to try, though, I guess.
HerrJon
I just got here myself, and I don't want the site to die. From the bit of FETO that I've played, I think it's awesome and want to explore deeper into it. I don't want to have to go back to Fire Emblem By Web to get my PvP fix.

I'm trying to get other friends to join and get things going more, but aside from that, I can't do much to help. Someone please go wake SaS up from his coma and keep this site alive!
SereneFlight
Seems like all we can do here is to keep this alive.
At least this far people have managed to do it somehow without tournaments, auctions, account resets etc.

And I think that at least Fensti and Crimea has been trying to "wake up" SaS... he just seems to be bit too much with that pokesite (GTS+(?))

FEBW still exists? well, I guess it's not strange if it's not as dead as it was when I registered there
HerrJon
FEBW is still there, but it's the same slow, glitchy, 2 map game it was 6 years ago. I don't even remember how I stumbled upon this site, but I'm really glad I did.
kryptonite
Wow, FEBW... XD My characters are gone except Kryptonite... sad.gif But I remember that Wyverns were hax in that game. XD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.