Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transparency and uploading.
FEPlanet Forums > Important Forums > Fire Emblem Tactics Online
Zedekblue
Alright, quick noob question. How do I make mugshots and sprites transparent?
Also, another small question. When I upload one mugshot or sprite, it puts it on. But if I try to change that picture to something else, it never actually changes it. Help?

Thanks.

-Zedek Blue
SereneFlight
(damn I hate MSPaint users...)

1. With this (if your mugs have example PURE white background, then... R255 B255 G255 and if PURE black... then just R0 B0 G0 (if they are something else, check the values before even bothering))

2. Try refreshing... if that even says ´´blaablaablaa updated successfully! blaablaablaa´´
Zedekblue
Bah. I hate being the annoying one, but when I try to make them transparent, it does it fine. When I upload it, fine. But when I go to change one of my characters' sprites to the transparent one, it tells me the sprite is not a proper image.
Help?
SereneFlight
Did you upload it somewhere after you have made it transparent?
Zedekblue
I just used the yfrog link it gave me. Would the transparency still work if I saved the file and uploaded it to photobucket again?
SereneFlight
Yes, it would work since it is transparent when you save it to your computer/ laptop.
Zedekblue
Oh, great. Now my second problem from the first post is occuring. It won't let me change to another sprite. If I do try to change, it just changes to the first one I had ever uploaded for that character.
SereneFlight
Did you try that refreshing?
After you have uploaded the sprite and example go that character's page and it still shows that sprite what she/he had before you changed it, it should change after refreshing.
Zedekblue
Nope. It's still just the same as the last.
EDIT: Aha! I realized that they have been changing, they're just not transparent anymore! Sigh...
SereneFlight
Could you give a link of that sprite?
SereneFlight
O_o lolwut, I tried them and they aren't transparent... (the problem what one person had http://forums.feplanet.net/index.php?showtopic=44963)

So.. if you have those ones with background left, use that Transparency Script again and choose image type: .gif

(damn that script seems to be kinda fucked up I guess)
Zedekblue
Wait, what? Even on my post they show up as transparent! How could they not be?
Edit: Wait a sec... I'm reading over the link you gave me. I guess they might not be transparent...

Double Edit: Yeah, Iaza isn't doing a thing. Its not even trying to make these transparent. When I save and upload, they're just white backgrounds.

Triple Edit: (I just can't make up my mind, today.) Where can I download the GIMP/Photoshop you described in the other forum?
SereneFlight
Just google GIMP.
And photoshop? Well... eheheh... I can only say that there's no such of thing as free and legal Photoshop (except 30-day trials or if somebody gives it to you) so... you're on your own.
Zedekblue
Alright. If GIMP doesn't work, I'm probably just going to have to keep things un-transparent until I can finally figure it out. Thanks, anyway!

Edit: Also, what other program would one use to make sprites and such? You know, since MS Paint seems to be such a problem.
SereneFlight
http://www.fireemblemempire.com/forums/ind...rency-tutorial/

And in future when you do sprites and you want transparent sprite, start with transparent background -layer (or then just start with white one but add new layer and then delete that layers that is filled with white color).

Edit: Also, what other program would one use to make sprites and such? You know, since MS Paint seems to be such a problem.

Almost any program is good (example Paint Shop Pro, paint.NET and... whatever other programs there are..)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.