Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rate my team's... sprites.
FEPlanet Forums > Important Forums > Fire Emblem Tactics Online
Khan
My six-man team is currently trying to get blooded in a 24-hour-per-turn three way battle, so I thought I'd get on the forum for a minute.

The team is Knight (lord), Dark Knight, Fighter, Peg Knight, Curate, and Monk, and I've done custom sprites for all but one of them. (I can't think of anything better than the default sprite for the monk. yourmove.gif )

Knight Sword

Knight Lance

Dark Knight

Peg Knight

Fighter

Curate

I'd appreciate it if y'all would tell me what you think of these.
SereneFlight
Minimod time!
Wrong section dry.gif There's design forum for sprites and other art stuff...

Anyways...
Lord: Wolf's head... ... well, not too bad idea or anything but looks like it got one heck long neck (actually it looks like headless general and wolf's head is coming behind of that general)... but lance looks pretty nice.

DK: Nothing much to say (except some shading behind of tentacles (=shading into armors))

Peg Kn.: Pretty common let's-add-peg's-wings-to-normal-foot-unit. Also, I'm not sure but wings do seem to kinda off.
(peggie's default is IMO a lot better)

Fighter&Curate: Are they just recolored?
Khan
QUOTE(Pura, Goddess of the PinkWorld:3 @ Feb 15 2011, 09:52 AM) *
Minimod time!
Wrong section dry.gif There's design forum for sprites and other art stuff...

Sorry, newb mistake. I didn't know that existed and thought FETO sprites went on the FETO forum... facepalm.gif

Anyways...
Lord: Wolf's head... ... well, not too bad idea or anything but looks like it got one heck long neck (actually it looks like headless general and wolf's head is coming behind of that general)... but lance looks pretty nice.

I see what you mean. It's a Mauthe Dog recolor head with a few edits on a general's body, so some positional tweaking is probably in order. You think think shifting it down and to the left would probably solve that?

Peg Kn.: Pretty common let's-add-peg's-wings-to-normal-foot-unit. Also, I'm not sure but wings do seem to kinda off.
(peggie's default is IMO a lot better)

Apparently I don't get around enough... I didn't know those were so common. :-)

Fighter&Curate: Are they just recolored?

Curate is, Fighter pose is reworked a bit.
SereneFlight
Sorry, newb mistake. I didn't know that existed and thought FETO sprites went on the FETO forum...

Nothing serious.
There's that ''Looking for help from spriters'' -thread if you want to put sprites into FETO forum... except then you allow ppl to use your sprites at the same time...

But in the end, usually just FETOers may check it, in Design forums you have better chance to get c+c... I guess.

see what you mean. It's a Mauthe Dog recolor head with a few edits on a general's body, so some positional tweaking is probably in order. You think think shifting it down and to the left would probably solve that?

I know it's that Mauthe Doog, just being too lazy to write it xD
And dunno about the solution... haven't been working with sprites for pretty long time.

Apparently I don't get around enough... I didn't know those were so common. :-)

It's kinda favored by not-so-experienced spriters (well, I guess they aren't as common as I let to understand)
Khan
Took your advice (especially as regards the Peg. knight), and reposted in the right forum.

topic on Design thread
Crimea River
@Pura: Next time, rather than mini-modding, just use the Report button. wink.gif

Since you have a Design topic now, *closes* magic.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.