Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick tournament polls
FEPlanet Forums > Important Forums > Fire Emblem Tactics Online
fensti
So, I am planning on making Unpromoted and Promoted tournaments next week and I am making a couple polls to gauge interest in both. Depending on the number of yes/maybe votes I will scale both tournaments to a fitting size (max 64 and only powers of 2 [4, 8, 16, 32, and 64]).

Also, I am going to send out a mass email tonight telling people that tournaments will be returning. So there may be an influx of people from that too.

If the tournament gets big enough to hold 64 people I may run side tournaments while that one goes (16 people) to give you guys something more to do. happy.gif

So please answer the two questions and feel free to post suggestions about what sort or tournaments I should do (though I will probably do normal ones for this).
Fredmir - HHH
A Team Tournament! =D

Or maybe add some fun modes like Sadistic, Adrenaline, Realism or Backfire.
Misha
Standard 1 RN no rules tournaments should be fine for a comeback party.
Noel Vermillion
I'd join both anyway but like Freddy(The 15th) says I'd preffer it if it was something fun, not just a vanilla tournament but anyways I'm in! happy.gif
kryptonite
QUOTE(Miranda Lawson @ Apr 4 2013, 01:00 PM) *
I'd join both anyway but like Freddy(The 15th) says I'd preffer it if it was something fun, not just a vanilla tournament but anyways I'm in! happy.gif

I second this. cat.gif

Sadrenaline gogogo
Noel Vermillion
A super unit tournament or a teams one would be great too happy.gif
SereneFlight
Hmm... maybe I should train mah unpromos O:
Meneil
Of course, all the people who like crazy modes all post at once @_@ lol

For now yeah, let's just stick with 1 RN. Especially if we're looking for a larger turnout, unpromo 1 RN would be best. Although I would prob play in promo too if it was there.
fensti
Yeah, these tournaments are just going to be normal 1v1 since they are the first ones in a while. Next ones I will start adding special modes and such.
Konata Izumi
I dont think they'll be enough people for a 64 people tourney, haha. 16 or 32 should be fine. I agree w/ the normal peeps, 1RN for nao and crazy tourneys later.

Also voted for both unpromo/promo, cause why not.
Falaflame
Why shouldn't there be tournaments?

I agree, normal tourneys now, crazy tourneys later.
ChisanaIchi
Yay! I think I'm going to start playing again now. (Does this mean we're going to have more of the map unit icons not look like blocks?)
Nohrian Lord S-IX
*Votes normal tournies for the 1st set*
Darcune
I'm sorry, I've never done a tournament here before, but I'm certainly interested. Are there any topics that describe how it goes down?

I just don't know how it works. Do we roleplay it, or follow a known ruleset? Do we use our own characters, or create new ones specifically for this?
fensti
QUOTE(Darcune @ Apr 5 2013, 01:26 AM) *
I'm sorry, I've never done a tournament here before, but I'm certainly interested. Are there any topics that describe how it goes down?

I just don't know how it works. Do we roleplay it, or follow a known ruleset? Do we use our own characters, or create new ones specifically for this?

You can either use character you had already created, or if you don't have enough characters that fit the specifications of the tournament you can make rental characters that are use specifically for that tournament.

The tournaments are double elimination and either best-of-1 or best-of-3. They all follow certain rule sets that can be applied to FETO matches and played just like normal FETO matches.

Does that help at all?
fensti
So, unless I get a rush of people voting for this tomorrow I am going to be setting up a 16 player unpromoted tournament and a 16 man promoted tournament Monday morning.
ChisanaIchi
QUOTE(fensti @ Apr 7 2013, 02:10 PM) *
So, unless I get a rush of people voting for this tomorrow I am going to be setting up a 16 player unpromoted tournament and a 16 man promoted tournament Monday morning.

16 man would still be incredibly awesome. grin.gif
Falaflame
Leave me a spot on promoted? noes.gif
fensti
It's gonna be first come, first serve. I'm gonna post them around noon at the latest. Depending on how quickly this one is running then I'll either start 8 man tournaments next Monday or the Monday after.
TBE
Yes lets go, thanks fensti!!
Falaflame
Noon, really? Can it be later? like 6pm EST? I'm sure everyone, including myself, is around by then. *is not a morning person at all*
fensti
QUOTE(Falaflame @ Apr 8 2013, 03:26 AM) *
Noon, really? Can it be later? like 6pm EST? I'm sure everyone, including myself, is around by then. *is not a morning person at all*

I won't be available to put them up at 6 pm. Otherwise I would do them later.
Meneil
Thanks Fentsi, excited to try my first tourney! I've joined both. Looks like we won't have much trouble filling them up, unpromo especially is already filling up fast.
kryptonite
Actually I'm only around in the morning and late evening due to work, haha. If they were posted at 6 PM I woulda missed out! *fkees from Fala*
fensti
Yeah, I will probably start both of them up tonight when I get home if everyone is prepared.

And I would have made them 32 people, but not enough people responded here. I get the feeling 32 might have filled up as well.
Meneil
I don't think anyone could have expected this kind of response, I guess we got way more lurkers than those who actually actively check the forums or something. Bc wow, it was almost full like after an hour of creation o.o Guess that means there better be another tourney in the future ;p
fensti
Well, if enough people say something about missing the chance to sign up I'll start two more 16 man tourneys in a few days and restrict them to people who aren't in these two. Otherwise I'll just do a couple 8 man tourneys next week.
Misha
They already posted and got filled? I don't see them on the tournament section.
Nohrian Lord S-IX
QUOTE(Misha @ Apr 8 2013, 02:58 PM) *
They already posted and got filled? I don't see them on the tournament section.

Yep they're filled just snagged the last promo tourney spot

missed out on unpromo though pinch.gif

@Fents, what are the prizes? oh.gif
Falaflame
Wow. Thanks a lot fensti. Now I'm really screwed. x.x

I guess I'm forced to wait until the next promo tourney.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.